Minnesota Supra Meet! 5/15/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
No pic no water. :p JK I hope you don't get flooded out this year. It is setting up to be a bad flood year for you guys up there along the MN river :cry: Start filling up the sand bags now!

It has also been raining here for for the last couple days. But the supra is high and dry.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
i have no worries, grand forks has their shit together. the only reason the back yard is so bad is because the frost hasn't left yet. when it does , all that water will be in the basement:: angry ::, but hey that is what you get when you buy a 1909 model house that has survived a major flood.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

SySt;1529081 said:
I kinda hope it floods as bad as last year or worse.
why, must be insured really good?

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
fixitman04;1529087 said:
i have no worries, grand forks has their shit together. the only reason the back yard is so bad is because the frost hasn't left yet. when it does , all that water will be in the basement:: angry ::, but hey that is what you get when you buy a 1909 model house that has survived a major flood.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

why, must be insured really good?

I'm not really insured exceptionally. However, I have no basement and live on a plot of land that is a bit elevated compared to the rest of East Grand Forks. The reason I want it to flood is that I can have more days off of school like last year. If both bridges get shut down I'll have work off too.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
gotcha, i work on the same side that i live on.... so no extra benefit for me. as i know i have a basement that gets wet i dont keep anything down there that can be damaged.

found the camera! the water has gone down some, it was touching the front axle on the 4wheeler yesterday and over the crossboard on the fence gate!
wjdok2.jpg

Last edited:

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
fixitman04;1529730 said:
gotcha, i work on the same side that i live on.... so no extra benefit for me. as i know i have a basement that gets wet i dont keep anything down there that can be damaged.

found the camera! the water has gone down some, it was touching the front axle on the 4wheeler yesterday and over the crossboard on the fence gate!
wjdok2.jpg

looks like you could use a shop vac :aigo:

Greykier

Mar 9, 2009
Dallas,tx
Not sure where else to post this, but I ordered a piece from Suprasport awhile ago and am having trouble getting in touch with them. Any info you guys have? Jack has always been very helpful and prompt with replies, so I'm a little worried. I see some weather issues up your way; I wonder if they have closed shop due to that?

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
^^^^ Wrong area. You can make a thread in the feedback area, but chances are that Mike will just lock it any ways. Or keep calling and emailing them. This is NOT the right area.

This thread is about the up coming meet. If you want you can come to the meet and talk to them in person if you want ;)

Greykier

Mar 9, 2009
Dallas,tx
Ha. I hoped since several people on this thread were planning on going to Suprasport, someone up there would know if the shop was behind schedule due to the weather. Drive to Texas sometime to see what it's like to have more than one kind of weather in the same state ;) I'll continue the emails, but their phone mailbox is full. (not because of me) I just hope everything is okay up there.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
I can tell you it isn't because of the weather (or flooding). The St. Croix River is high in areas but no flooding reported in Stillwater yet.

If it is the weather it is because it is too nice up here to be in a shop ;)

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
dont need to go texas more than one kind of weather(although you guys have seen some weird stuff this year)we have some range to our weather here, everything from 100 degree days to -40 degree days, tornadoes to blizzards. and of course this yearly flooding shit!

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
I've found the best way to reach SupraSport is to just keep calling and calling as much as you can. Email has NEVER gotten replies from them. Usually slow orders are because their supplier is slow to get it to them, but it's their job to let you know if a situation like that crops up. You can try PM'ing SupraSportJack here, or PM funky_monkey58 on supraforums.

Anyway - what times are people's Supras coming out for the season? It's getting close!

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
gonna throw some coolant in mine tomorrow and drive it for the first time this season! finally got it moved out of the muddy spot i had it parked in today!

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
ive been drivin my car since 2 weeks ago..got the master brake cyl replaced and now shes safe to drive. Only thing is my 7m-ge has piston slap in one cylinder! :\ i wish i had enough money for a 7mgte right now lol

Ne0z

Apr 2, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota, United States
I have an oil leak that I can't seem to locate STILL... it isn't coming from my turbo, pretty sure it is somewhere around the front of the engine but I don't know how to make certain where... I don't think it will hinder me from attending though, may just need to bring some oil...

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
I looked at mine in the garage a bit last night. Yup. It's still there. Can't do anything with it due to lack of parts..:3d_frown: Hundo drew is out of Hundos:cry:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Hundos are hard to find now days. About time you put a avatar pic up.

Just pull the head off, replace the HG, and see what happens. The toyota HG should absorb some if it isn't perfectly straight. You have all the parts for the most part, just need to find a afm, witch Im sure we could find local.

Status
Not open for further replies.