Minnesota Supra Meet! 5/15/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
leecheater;1510361 said:
Rob, you can always ride down with me. Besides who is going to cook????? Maybe Amanda will ride along so we can at least get a whole lot better looking cook this year.

Dan

If I go, I would be in my sup ;) +1,000 for a good looking cook this time

ilovemysupra;1511949 said:
i will be there

Make sure your not working this time :p

Emilio - There should be some sort of drive-cruise pre set up. Where to and directions so were not scrambling like last time.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
92nsx;1512465 said:
If I go, I would be in my sup ;) +1,000 for a good looking cook this time

Emilio - There should be some sort of drive-cruise pre set up. Where to and directions so were not scrambling like last time.

Just make sure your car is running!

That's a good point about the cruise: I'll try to lay out a nice route in the next couple days.

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Emilio, be sure to find a curvy section, a straight section and of course the whole section where no police hang out. Last year we got pretty near to "Mexico" on the way back to SupraSport. That whole section along the river is awesome.

Dan

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
leecheater;1512523 said:
Emilio, be sure to find a curvy section, a straight section and of course the whole section where no police hang out. Last year we got pretty near to "Mexico" on the way back to SupraSport. That whole section along the river is awesome.

Dan

Hey, if there is going to be a nice curvy section in the cruise I might just have to take my bike instead...My Supra could be a bit wild in the curves with no front sway bar as it sits right now.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
leecheater;1512523 said:

Dan

I just added a link to the original cruise route - but I'll be trying some other possibilities next time I'm in Stillwater. I'm gunning for fewer left turns, more curvy roads, and fewer cops.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
emiliorescigno;1512513 said:
Just make sure your car is running!

It will be running with in couple weeks. It just depends if I want to baby it around on the OEM TCCS or let her sit tell the standalone comes around. Well see how I feel when time comes.

leecheater;1512523 said:

Dan

Mexico!!! Not even close. It was nice country cruse. Curvy sections is good to a point. I didn't trust half to the owners last year, all we need is a wreck due to inexperience driver and over driving a corner trying to "show off".

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
92nsx;1513807 said:
Mexico!!! Not even close. It was nice country cruse. Curvy sections is good to a point. I didn't trust half to the owners last year, all we need is a wreck due to inexperience driver and over driving a corner trying to "show off".

I agree 100%.

Whoever leads the pack should take it on a nice cruise, no more than the speed limit. It would be a huge bummer for somebody to get a speeding ticket just trying to keep up with the leader. Curvy roads make driving fun even at low speeds, and give beautiful scenery. I've cooked up a new cruise route that I think will be awesome, but I want to drive it first to make sure that traffic and congestion are going to be okay with 10+ cars in a row. Also, I'm going to try to eliminate any left turns so things can go a bit more smoothly.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
ya a bit slower pace on the cruise would be nice in the speed nazi state of mn, 20 0ver is a very expensive ticket compared to nd, its $31 here its well over $200 in mn.

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
fixitman04;1514059 said:
ya a bit slower pace on the cruise would be nice in the speed nazi state of mn, 20 0ver is a very expensive ticket compared to nd, its $31 here its well over $200 in mn.

Where in North Dakota are you? I am around Grand Forks.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
fixitman04;1514059 said:

Not to mention any ticket over 100mph in Minnesota = 6 month license suspension.

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
fixitman04;1514766 said:
ya , im in grand forks... and right now my car looks a lot like the one in emmilio's sig.

Mine's in my garage. You a Grand Forks native or you around here for school? I have only seen two MKIIIs around, a red one and I think the other was either blue or silver. Is one of those your's?

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
grew up here , left the area twice, somehow i keep ending up back in this little slice of frozen hell! and yes it is the red one, there is a blue one that is always at fed ex and the silver one is owned by hte fed ex guy's son, he is on this forum, but i dont know his name.

quim mk3

Apr 18, 2008
Minnesota
i should be able to make that five mile drive over to Stillwater, but the only thing is i don't have the 1jz in mine anymore so it will be on the slower end... i may be a little late too because of work

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
quim mk3;1519034 said:
i should be able to make that five mile drive over to Stillwater, but the only thing is i don't have the 1jz in mine anymore so it will be on the slower end... i may be a little late too because of work

Doesn't matter if it's slow or not, no plans of going over the speed limit on the cruise.

No reason to be late because of work! This meet isn't for another 3 months, I'm sure you can get the day off!

Status
Not open for further replies.