Mind Boggler

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
IJ. said:
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH my eyes my eyes .......

Sorry Exander, but again, you know this shit is funny!!!!!!!!!! I think he gets better with age. IJ is our fine wine..........................:biglaugh:

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
hahah im 16 and i am the future.. someone once told me that and i laughed in their face and walked away.. as i walked i go there goes ur future...... walking away..... better come get it... lmfao they where all shocked...

87CandyBlueT

Banned
Feb 8, 2006
Kentucky (NKY)
OMG I asked somebody why do we drive on parkway and park in the driveway today. So weird I saw this.

Anyway Why do people go from the ground to the top of skyscrappers to insert coins into a device to look back down at the ground?

I only read the first page.

cadman

Computer Aided Drafting
Aug 10, 2006
Oregon
Why do you say "I'm going to the ATM machine"? What you're really doing is saying, "I'm going to the Automatic Teller Machine machine".

Why do people say "I need some ATF fluid"?
You should say I need some AT fluid.

cadman

Computer Aided Drafting
Aug 10, 2006
Oregon
Why does the ATM machine ask you for your PIN number?

So, after you put Automatic Tranny Fluid fuild into your car, you need to run to the Automatic Teller Machine machine where it asks you to enter your Personal Identification Number number. You might even have to enter your Social Security Number number to verify! Then you jump BACK in your car that is equipt with an ABS breaking system!! You might even notice the Vehicle Identification Number number on your door jam as you get back into your car.

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
cadman said:
Why does the ATM machine ask you for your PIN number?

So, after you put Automatic Tranny Fluid fuild into your car, you need to run to the Automatic Teller Machine machine where it asks you to enter your Personal Identification Number number. You might even have to enter your Social Security Number number to verify! Then you jump BACK in your car that is equipt with an ABS breaking system!! You might even notice the Vehicle Identification Number number on your door jam as you get back into your car.

Hahahahaha.

But, I always call it the ATM, PIN, & VIN, with nothing at the end. I say "I'm putting my PIN into the ATM". Actually, I've never heard anyone call it an ATM Machine, but maybe thats just me. ;)

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
87CandyBlueT said:
OMG I asked somebody why do we drive on parkway and park in the driveway today. So weird I saw this.

Ya I was thinking about it to myself yesterday morning when I was on the highway.

Another George Carlin one

"Why do people saying they're going to 'take a shit'. Wouldn't they be leaving a shit?"

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Supracentral said:
So you "heat" the oven, you don't "pre-heat" it...
Preheat is stupid.
As a matter of fact most pre- words in our modern babble are.
You don't have a pre-existing medical condition. You have an existing medical condition.
You don't pre-screen passengers, you screen them.
People who mutilate the langage like this can pre-suck my genital situation... <- stolen from George Carlin. :biglaugh:

In the examples you gave. Look at them as "short cut" words, you need take into account the whole action.
The use of "pre" in your examples is pre-action-action, and not pre-action.
The middle action is dropped to make a short cut word/ catch word.

So preheat:
To heat beforehand

As in pre [putting food in] heat oven

pre-existing medical condition
Pre [your medical records] existing medical condition

pre-screen
Pre [boarding the plane] screen passengers

And all ovens (and everything else) are heated, there is no actual "cold" only degrees of heat. Absolute zero is the point on the thermodynamic (absolute) temperature scale where the heat energy is at a minimum, It can be shown from the laws of thermodynamics that absolute zero can never be achieved. So your oven is already preheated. :icon_razz

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
This will be a long one, and maybe not exactly on topic, but...
Technology is said to have a "snow ball" effect right. Example, computers, first ones were the size of a small warehouse with VERY basic abilities. Now a PDA can do wonders.
So lets look at the history of powered flight:

1903-
Orville and Wilbur Wright make first powered, sustained, and controlled flight in a heavier-than-air flying machine.

1910-
First take off from a ship.

1914-
Automatic gyrostabilizer leads to first automatic pilot. A gyroscope linked to sensors keeps the craft level and traveling in a straight line without aid from the human pilot. Two years later added a steering gyroscope to the stabilizer gyro and demonstrate the first "automatic pilot."

1917-
The Junkers J4, an all-metal airplane, introduced

1925-
Introduction of lightweight, air-cooled radial engines

1927-
Charles A. Lindbergh completes first solo, nonstop trans-Atlantic flight.

1928-
First electromechanical flight simulator

1930-37
Frank Whittle, British inventor, invents the jet engine.

*Note only 30 years going from first flight to the start of jet technology*

1933-
Douglas introduces the 12-passenger twinengine DC-1.
Also- Boeing 247, flies for the first time.

1939-
Germany's Heinkel 178 is the first fully jet-propelled aircraft to fly.

1939-
First practical single-rotor helicopters

1939-1945
World War II spurs innovation, too many to list, but airplane-detecting radar /airborne radar, radiowave navigation techniques, first practical jet fighter- the twin-engine ME 262, which flies at 540 miles per hour, also the Flying Fortress and Superfortress, plus MANY others.

1947-
Sound barrier broken

1949-
First jet-powered commercial aircraft

Soviet cosmonaut, Yuri Gagarin, is the first man in space

1963-
First small jet aircraft to enter mass production

1969-
Boeing 747, U.S. astronauts Neil A. Armstrong and Edwin E. Aldrin, Jr., are the first to walk on the moon.

First space station

Ok, so look at that, in roughly 50-60 years we go from not flying to the wide production of jet aircraft. Follows the snowball effect, ok, but in the last 50?...what major strides....fly by wire?...thrust vectoring?....I always bring this up when people tell me "aliens" are the ones flying UFOs around. I think some people need to take their heads out of their ass.