Mikes 7MGE-T engine build

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
SupraDave87;1685372 said:
How much did it all come out to? I need to rebuild my 7mgte, I just wish I had all the tools/space to do it with. I'm gonna have to have it done by a shop.

ill take a wild guess of 2500 or so? sign up for a shop class.

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

Moy;1685433 said:
sounds like your valve lash is too tight, may need to check clearances and change out shims :/

yup already on the "List"

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
damn clean build bro...

i need to update mine now after looking through yours..

post it on cencal i'm going to post mine on there soon...

were having a meet may 22nd in merced you need to come out meet every1....

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
Ill try to make it this time. I got a second job so i can fix more thing. So far i have installed poly control arm bushings, leveled suspension, and a alignment. Tommarow im putting in a new ps rack with spacers cause mine leaks crazy. Then its...
Rear bushings
Clutch for 350+ torque
Oil cooler
Radiator
Front brakes
valve lash
Stainless line
Clutch master cylinder
Plastidip trim
wheel spacers
have buckle professionaly fixed, body work and paint myself

Last edited:

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
where you going to paint it at?

i painted some of my car...1 thing i would have done it is made a plastic booth myself and bought more clear coat

slidebabyslide

Starting FRESH !!!!
Dec 17, 2006
salinas,california
Long time , no talk. It's good to see you got your car done. Im finally going to rebuild my engine. I been to busy with school. Let me know what machine shop did the work. Thanks

Rafael.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
slidebabyslide;1731934 said:
Long time , no talk. It's good to see you got your car done. Im finally going to rebuild my engine. I been to busy with school. Let me know what machine shop did the work. Thanks

Rafael.

hey! do you still have my number? We should meet up and get this thing running.

I had Integrity do the block and midway do the crank. Integrity was a little pricey and he works slow as hell but he does damn good work. Midway "hot rod'ed" my crank even after i told him not too.

Guess i should Update my build....

The cars running great but i still have a missfire in closed loop. I almost had a heart attack when i heard a knocking at about 2,000 miles. Thank god is was only my clutch, i ordered the ACT HDG6 so that should hold the power. At 5 psi and its slipping crazy!! I started on the body work and guess what i found! About an inch thick of bondo! :nono:. Ill probably spray just from the door hinge back.

p1731994_1.jpg

p1731994_2.jpg

Rewired CPS. Will be doing coil pack and an extension cord type deal so i can move my coil pack. Thanks to Driftmotion for finally carrying them! i searched every where and bugged Aaron quite a bit to track em down

p1731994_3.jpg

p1731994_4.jpg

p1731994_5.jpg

p1731994_6.jpg

I really need a new 4.1 or 3.9 rear differential. Mine basically has half a turn of play.

when i do the clutch ill probably go to the GTE cam. i get full boost at 2500 rpm but the power drops off at 5500rpm. This might be partially due to the small ct-26 exhaust housing so i have been toying around with the idea of a new turbo. To me its not about big power but powerband is what im after! Maybe the Raptor racing catback + bolt on ct-26 sytle turbo will help? Then headwork, valves, and springs? I won a all day pass to drive my car at Laguna Seca so i got to get this car track worthy! I weighted my car and its 3300 with half a tank of gas?

Last edited:

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
12V mod and was your j-tube drilled out? The pump seems very quiet and the wiring was in surprisingly good shape.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Nice build. I envy how clean you got everything! :)

Are you keeping the oil filter down at the tow hook? You might want to move it to a slightly less exposed place. I'd be scared of that thing getting a even a small rock through the filter case.... and then BAM, you're out another $2500 for another rebuild.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Nice build. I envy how clean you got everything! :)

Are you keeping the oil filter down at the tow hook? You might want to move it to a slightly less exposed place. I'd be scared of that thing getting a even a small rock through the filter case.... and then BAM, you're out another $2500 for another rebuild.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
UPDATE!

Transmission is rebuilt with steel center plate, oil baffle, and front bearing retainer. Got the diff from my dad's supra that he sold to one of my classmates. Its a 3.73, so coming from a 4.3 its gonna be waaaay different. I really wanted a 3.9 but any more abuse and mine would have exploded. The preload on the pinion was too tight, so you could barely move it by hand.

Got my flywheel turned but the finish is not as pretty as i have seen others. Of all the aftermarket flywheels i have seen they have had a nice crosshatch like a hone in a cylinder bore. Most people would think that a rough surface will grip better. Well, that's wrong. There is less surface area actually contacting the clutch, so in reality, the flatter the better. I have asked a few people and they say that it will smooth out one it gets broken in. Maybe i should bring it back to the guy?

p1775932_1.jpg

p1775932_2.jpg

EXAMPLE

http://www.ramclutches.com/critical difference/RAM_FW_SURFACE_NEW.jpg

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I have a question, as im going to do the NA-T swap soon. Do I need a tune for just stock boost? Or will the computer be able to compensate for the higher compression?

And with the knock sensors do you just splice them together? Or is there other electrical magic I am unaware of?

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
The second question was more directed at LeBlanc, as hes done it before. But would I be okay running 91 on stock boost? Or even 91 at 10ish psi?