Messing around with my car again.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
deng that sucks.

The ms3 pro will be nice jay. There is also a app that you can use for a tablet to make a custom gauge or display with.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm not following what you're talking about when you say a custom gauge or display. Like I would leave the tablet in the car as a display?

I've been reading on the ms3 this evening and I ordered a book the founders of ms3 wrote. It's all about tuning EFI cars. Looks like it's going to be a good read and help me understand enrichment acceleration and other things to make your car run smoother.

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
suprahero;2039945 said:
I'm not following what you're talking about when you say a custom gauge or display. Like I would leave the tablet in the car as a display?

Yeah, you could use a tablet to show a graphical tach, boost gauge, injector duty, things like that. It seems weird to use a tablet for that, basically a whole computer, but then when you think about the pricing, and that a purpose-built digital gauge display would probably cost 10x as much to do half as much... it makes a little more sense.

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
I am planning to go ms3pro down the road, too. It'd be sweet to have sequential spark and ignition, no worries about screwing up ignition timing by trimming fuel like with piggy backs...

I was even thinking about doing a hybrid MAF-MAP setup that uses MAF below a certain load and MAP above it. Based on my understanding it is flexible enough to do that.

I believe I'd get a little better low throttle fuel economy and have a more consistent idle with MAF -- my understanding is it's more accurate for that, hence the popularity with OEMs.

But then maybe I should just use MAF-only?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
This might make your mind wander a little bit.

Also you can design your own dashboard of gauges for the tuning software as well.

[video=youtube_share;X7JOLBSakIk]http://youtu.be/X7JOLBSakIk[/video]

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I got my new harness installed today except for one plug. I didn't have the plug for my crank sensor. My crank sensor is wired straight into the harness without a plug in. My new harness has a plug in so I'm going to try to get a plug in from either Toyota or I'll end up using to stock plugs for it.
It's ten minutes away from being able to start it up. Next saturday we're going to shoot for a start up video with the ms3pro.

Thanks for any help, and I'm digging those gauges for the tablet.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I got everything hooked up today and tried to start it, but it wouldn't start. It fired but never actually cranked. We're going to work on it next saturday again and we feel pretty confident that it will run. I started a new thread hoping to get some help and suggestions with the ms3pro.
I plan on pulling it out and washing it sometime this week. It's been sitting under my carport for about three months now and it is dusty, dirty and down right nasty and it's killing me. Enough is enough. She needs a bath. I've already got it lined up to be wet sanded and buffed after I get it running.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I got the car cleaned today and I've got a base map on the way from Mr.Heavy................lol

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
is that a base map thats freely available?
or should I be bugging you for a copy since I plan to hook a ms3pro to my 1JZ soon?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Hey Lance, George is in New Mexico now. I don't know if I'll have my car running properly by then. I'd like to meet up and I'd love to do that Power Tour sometime or at least watch all the cool cars go by. I plan on making it to another Texas meet as soon as I get all the bugs worked out of my MKIII.

Mike, I'll give you all the help I can once I figure the MS3 out. I'm sure I need to pay it forward because I'm getting lots of help with mine at the moment.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Sometime we need to try and get all the North Alabama Supras to one of the car shows in Birmingham. When everyone's is running though of course haha

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Any time you guys want to get together, let me know and we can arrange something. I'll even meet in Cullman or wherever is good for everyone. If nothing else, we can get together and eat lunch somewhere.
As for the sc300, it's about to be up for sale. I'm going to focus on the supra a little more until I get a few speeding tickets and then I'm going to sell it and buy a Range Rover.........lol

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
suprahero;2045752 said:
Any time you guys want to get together, let me know and we can arrange something. I'll even meet in Cullman or wherever is good for everyone. If nothing else, we can get together and eat lunch somewhere.
As for the sc300, it's about to be up for sale. I'm going to focus on the supra a little more until I get a few speeding tickets and then I'm going to sell it and buy a Range Rover.........lol

Nice. I'm good with just about anywhere. I don't mind taking a cruise in the Supra.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Still working on the tune. I've got it driveable but not boostable.........I'm pretty sure boostable is a word on Supramania.
I've talked with the guys in Atlanta about tuning it for me. They said they can handle setting up my methanol kit. It's wired in and plumbed but I don't know how to get it coming on at the right boost. I could do it, but I'd rather have it done on a dyno by a paid professional.
It sucks thinking about getting rid of the lexus because the air is so cold in it and it drives so good. I love the supra, but the air hasn't ran in a couple of years. 90 degrees in Alabama is unbearable without air, unless you're doing 90 in a supra with the targa top out...........lol
Later on this fall when it cools off, we will definitely have to set up some sort of luncheon for everyone here locally.