Messing around with my car again.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Man, sorry to hear that. Build it better and smarter than before, not easy to say from you shoes though.

At least she still looks pretty :)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Not that worried about the damage to the engine since I'll redo everything anyways. It's been a really great motor so far. I think I built it like six years ago and I've probably made 300 dyno pulls and about 100 trips down the 1/8 mile track we used to have five minutes from my house. I'd say I got my money's worth out of this one. Ill keep you updated but I don't plan on tackling it any time soon. It's toooo hot over here in The Bible Belt.

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
suprahero;2056089 said:
It's toooo hot over here in The Bible Belt.
You got that right. I live in Huntsville and the weather is absolutely miserable. There's no way I'd try to work on my supra in this heat.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Oh damn Jay sorry to hear that. It was TX2k9 when your engine took a dump on you last time if I remember correctly. It's been to hot here in Texas as well. I still need to pull my rear subframe and replace all the bushings, which I have them all in a box, and most importantly get my engine replaced. The person I sent it to is a very poor communicator.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
After my "pop", no more water/meth injection for me...

I still think cylinders 5 and 6 were lean in mine at a point. I always suspected the mix evaporated enough to barely reach those cylinders...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I was thinking it was 2007 Ken, but you could be right.
Jeff, I'm not going to be able to get e85 very easily, and I'm not going to be happy running 18psi, so it's methanol or no supra. I choose methanol........lol

As for working on my car........I haven't touched it. We're only a month or two away from cooler evenings and that's when the rebuild will start. I'll keep yall in the loop.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Update:
I have bought a newly rebuilt th350, adapter plate for the tranny to mount up to my jz bellhousing. I have also bought a complete 2jz engine along with a new exhaust manifold. I will be going with the auto for a while to see how I like it. I'm hoping to do a few track runs in Montgomery to see how it does in the quarter. I'm guessing somewhere in the 10's.
Just thought I'd post an update to let you guys know what's going on.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
New update: I ditched the auto conversion for now. I'm just trying to get it running first. I've added a 2jzvvti, new 6466 garrett turbo, new ffim, new injectors, new bov, new wastegate, and I ditched the four inch exhaust for a hopefully quieter three inch.
After weeks and weeks of trying to get it to start, I've decided to take it to TDC Performance down in mobile, Al. My girls and I are already going down to the beach for a few days, so I decided to take the car down on the way, drop it off and pick it up once they are through with everything.
List I have for them to do:
weld the exhaust
weld me new intercooler pipes hot and cold
tune the car
tune it with my methanol injection
That is about it. It should be a pretty quick car after they're through with it.
Once they're done with it mechanically, I'm having it painted blacknblue. It's the color from the Kindigit design Ford F50. Such a sexy sexy color to me. If you get a chance to youtube that show, the last five minutes shows the color under the sun. I can't wait. Wish me luck, I"ve got a lot to get done this week before I load it up and drive it to Mobile.

KenHenderson

Oct 31, 2015
SoCali
Crimson Tide checking in and wishing you well. I was born in Mobile, but parents moved to Cali when I was a 1-year old baby. Best of luck with everything.

Ken.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Thanks Ken
I was born in Birmingham and moved to Cali when I was 12. I lived there for two years after living in Phoenix for three. I must say Phoenix was a lot prettier than the parts of Cali I got to see. I lived in Chino California for two years and it was not a pleasant place to live.

ROLL TIDE!!!

Justin727

T-virus infected
Does TDC know what they're doing? I know the owner was having his SC tuned by another guy although years ago...

I know they did not know how to install and tune AEM on a 7MGTE at one point. I had to fix a friends installation they performed..

Not bashing them but asking to see if they're light years ahead of what they use to be.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I hope so Justin. They've got really good reviews on Facebook and their shop car has a 2jzvvti in it. They tuned it themselves. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a big mistake.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I took my car down to TDC on Friday the 29th. They had a car in every bay and one on every lift. When I called Joe to ask about them working on my car, he said the time couldn't be better because they get really slow in the winter. We ended up having to put my car in a back lot because there was no where to put it in the shop. Hopefully it won't be in the back for too long. I've been waiting so long to get this thing fixed that I don't think a week or two is going to kill me. I knew if I turned around and brought it back home, it would just be sitting in my car port for a month or two till we figured out what was wrong with hit. Hopefully it won't take them that long. I'm putting any updates I get on here so I have a record of it.
Joe is suppose to send me an itemized estimate so I know what I'm looking at as far as a bill is concerned. I'm wanting them to finish my exhaust, make me new intercooling pipes, weld in my methanol injection nozzle, get the car running, tune it for wot and driveability. Can't wait to get the car back so I can do some spirited driving. I'm also having the car painted once I get it back from them. Thanks, Jay

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Does TDC know what they're doing? I know the owner was having his SC tuned by another guy although years ago...

I know they did not know how to install and tune AEM on a 7MGTE at one point. I had to fix a friends installation they performed..

Not bashing them but asking to see if they're light years ahead of what they use to be.

Hey Justin, Happy New Years... you also Jay and everyone else on SM. They did some work after the guy by Jackson MS screwed me over. I can't recall his name. Anyway the seem to have a good rep and did right by me.

Jay, keep us posted... Can you recall who was on the TX trip Noah, his brother, your friend from up North that drove the red supra down. I think his name was Chris Parks?

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
I took my car down to TDC on Friday the 29th. They had a car in every bay and one on every lift. When I called Joe to ask about them working on my car, he said the time couldn't be better because they get really slow in the winter. We ended up having to put my car in a back lot because there was no where to put it in the shop. Hopefully it won't be in the back for too long. I've been waiting so long to get this thing fixed that I don't think a week or two is going to kill me. I knew if I turned around and brought it back home, it would just be sitting in my car port for a month or two till we figured out what was wrong with hit. Hopefully it won't take them that long. I'm putting any updates I get on here so I have a record of it.
Joe is suppose to send me an itemized estimate so I know what I'm looking at as far as a bill is concerned. I'm wanting them to finish my exhaust, make me new intercooling pipes, weld in my methanol injection nozzle, get the car running, tune it for wot and driveability. Can't wait to get the car back so I can do some spirited driving. I'm also having the car painted once I get it back from them. Thanks, Jay

It seems common a lot of shops will tell you to bring a car by, but not do any work for a while. I'm very interested in seeing how fast they work and get things done, and the quality of services provided.

Reputation is everything, of course.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm going to wait and see if Joe responds to me next week without me having to call him. He hasn't sent me an email yet with a quote for the work I want done. I'm going to try and wait till next Friday just to see what happens. I'm not promising I can wait that long, but that's my plan. I'll keep you informed.