Messing around with my car again.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
This isn't a video. Just thought I'd post a few problems and things I've fixed lately on my car.
I went to a friend of mines shop (Morgan Performance) to have a boost leak test done. He's done lots of these and thought I'd have better luck with him than when I did it myself. Every one of my injectors was leaking horribly. It sounded like a shop vac was hiding under my intake. We changed out all the o rings, did another test, same result. We ended up taking the fuel rail legs, or whatever they're called, off. We ground them down about an 1/8" so when bolted down, they kept the injectors tighter. Finally fixed those leaks.
Next week I'm dropping my car off at his shop so he can redo my exhaust in 4" stainless from the turbo back. He's also going to redo my wastegate dump so it extends down a little further. He's going to make me some new intercooler pipes from the intercooler to the throttle body in 3" aluminum.

I've noticed the last few times I've dyno'd I couldn't ever get my turbo to spool past 26 psi. Now hopefully it will be able to spool up to about 30 psi and see what I can put down with my 1.5jz. I just added a new spec twin disc clutch about two weeks ago. Hopefully all of this will result in a 700 rwhp dyno. I'll be sure and video it when I go.

Anyone around the birmingham area reading this want to install new bushings in my car? I haven't read how hard it's going to be yet. I may can find someone locally that will do it. I haven't done any research or looked at finding some new bushings yet. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Jay

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
If we were just geographically closer, I'd help you do the bushings. All we'd need is a press from Harbor Freight (cheap), some beer and patience. The beer would be for me since I'll be watching you work. That's how I'd help anyway. :biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Thanks Ken. I'd read every page of that thread you listed. Looks like it's a slow turn around. I'm thinking about just getting them from Aaron if he has them in stock. They're made from a different person, but I'm sure they're very similar.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I got a call from Walker today letting me know all of my stainless steel came in today for my 4" exhaust. I can't wait to get all of the little things fixed and then back on the dyno.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I have a 3" vband coming off of my turbo but he's going to make it 4" all the way from there. I'll get lots of pictures of it when it's done.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Don't mean to get off topic here, but I've always admired your car in your sig. I never realized that your Supra was in such a high HP range either. Are you in the B'ham area? I'm up in Huntsville, I'd love to see your car sometime.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I live north of birmingham about twenty minutes. I live off of exit 289 in empire. about an hour and a half from you. I'm hoping to make 700 when all of this is done, but I'm not sure if I can do that on 93 octane and methanol. I will probably run race gas the day I go tune it just to see what I can make. I'll back it back down to 600 for daily driving it.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Ah, nice. You're not far from me at all then. Maybe in the Spring once you have the car all buttoned up we can try and get some of the Alabama Supras together and go to a show or so.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Justin727;2026953 said:
Glad to see you've got that sorted out. Were you down in South Ms during Cruising the Coast?
I planned on going. My wife and I was going to ride over to meet up with George, but it rained all night and morning here in Bama. I have my MT et streets on and I won't drive in the rain with them. I've since switched to the Nitto 555r's.

Silver MK3;2027033 said:
Ah, nice. You're not far from me at all then. Maybe in the Spring once you have the car all buttoned up we can try and get some of the Alabama Supras together and go to a show or so.
I'm going to Huntsville today to the Von Braughn Center today for my daughters volleyball tournament. I won't be in my supra though. I'll be in the quicker than a hiccup Ford Fusion................with rear spoiler to keep the rear wheels on the ground.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
suprahero;2027071 said:
I'm going to Huntsville today to the Von Braughn Center today for my daughters volleyball tournament. I won't be in my supra though. I'll be in the quicker than a hiccup Ford Fusion................with rear spoiler to keep the rear wheels on the ground.

Haha, I bet it'd be hard to keep that under control without all that extra down-force from the spoiler. I hope your daughter's tournament goes well, good luck! We will have to try and plan something sometime then. I know of two other guys up here who have MK3's as well and are always down to meet another MK3 owner.

Justin727

T-virus infected
suprahero;2027071 said:
I planned on going. My wife and I was going to ride over to meet up with George, but it rained all night and morning here in Bama. I have my MT et streets on and I won't drive in the rain with them. I've since switched to the Nitto 555r's.

Thomas got in touch with me but unfortunately I was working all weekend and didn't make it. Maybe I'll be home in time next year to catch it. I hope so.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Girls lost in the first round....25-22, 25-19, 25-21.........at least that means I get to play golf tomorrow. Tuesday can't get here soon enough. I'm ready to get this stuff started on my car so I can get it back home and start a couple other projects.
I'm thinking about removing the Tein coilovers and going with some lowering springs and shocks. I'm not happy with the way the coilovers ride. The car looks good, but rides like a stiff go cart.
I also want to redo my dash with the new some new lights that THmotorsports is offering. I should have started all of this this summer instead of waiting till it got cold. I'm not going to get to drive it much with the top off. It'll be winter here sooner than later and it'll be too cold to drive with the top off.

Justin727

T-virus infected
suprahero;2027163 said:
Girls lost in the first round....25-22, 25-19, 25-21.........at least that means I get to play golf tomorrow. Tuesday can't get here soon enough. I'm ready to get this stuff started on my car so I can get it back home and start a couple other projects.
I'm thinking about removing the Tein coilovers and going with some lowering springs and shocks. I'm not happy with the way the coilovers ride. The car looks good, but rides like a stiff go cart.
I also want to redo my dash with the new some new lights that THmotorsports is offering. I should have started all of this this summer instead of waiting till it got cold. I'm not going to get to drive it much with the top off. It'll be winter here sooner than later and it'll be too cold to drive with the top off.

Shucks! Better luck next time. They didn't do too bad though very close.

You know you're not the only person that's said that. I saw it years ago and see it on the mk4 side as well.

Back in the day I ran Illumina II's and Eibach springs and was very pleased with that ride. Car handled very well and the ride was amazing.

On the MK4 I'm currently running Koni yellow shocks with Eibach Springs and love the ride. Couldn't ask for anything better.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Thanks Justin, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. I've been looking at that setup with the Eibach's and Illumina II's. I just want it to not look like 4 x 4 mode and ride better than a tractor. That's not that much to ask for.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
fortune auto will build you a coil over to what ever specs you want. can make it ride like a boat when slammed if you wanted.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
jugodegolf;2027216 said:
Time for a roadtrip.

You know you're welcome anytime you want to come George. I will tell you that my golf game is pretty good right now, so you may end up buying the Jim N Nick's barbeque..........lol
I'll make sure Vonda makes you some bananana nut bread to take back home with you. Should be a good trade for both of us.

hvyman;2027217 said:
fortune auto will build you a coil over to what ever specs you want. can make it ride like a boat when slammed if you wanted.

My Tein coilovers can probably be adjusted to ride better than they do now, but I don't know anything about adjusting them.