Messing around with my car again.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
First thing in the morning, I'm dropping my car off for the new exhaust and intercooler pipes. Can't wait to get it back. Hopefully, Walker doesn't keep it longer than a week.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I got the car dropped off. Now I've just got to wait for him to get through with it.

I got a few things in from www.driftmotion.com today.

Sorry for the humongous pictures. It's been a while since I posted any on here and my photobucket is in the XL mode I guess. lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I also bought the new rubber/ plastic pieces that go in the hatch to make them stop squeaking. In my package from Aaron at Driftmotion was a cool key chain that looks like an actual Tein coilover with the wrenches, and two pieces of candy. How can you beat service like that? You can't. It's like a sore peter, you just can't beat it..............lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Got a call from Walker today. He's had my car for a week, but he just got through with his other projects today. He's getting started on mine and will hopefully have it finished in a few days. He's pointed out a few things under the car that I've got to fix. The plastic part that holds the fuel lines up and protects them is gone. All the tabs are broke off and it's held on by a zip tie. I'll have to get some clamps and fix that. I'd hate to have something on the road rip my fuel lines off.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Here's a picture of my new down pipe.

Here's a picture of the cold side as well as where he drilled and tapped my methanol injection into the throttle body. The cold side is now 3" but the hot side is still 2 1/2"

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Yeah, he's a good guy that does really great work. Don't get me wrong, at his price, he has to be good. I'm good at what I do, but I can't charge people a hundred dollars an hour.........lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Got my car back and everything is better than I was expecting. Sounds quieter because he added a small magnaflow muffler halfway in the exhaust.
I've got to jack the car up today and fix my fuel lines where they've come loose from the hanger. I've got some new hangers for them. I'm also going to change the washer on my oil plug since it's been draining. I've also got to remove my cam sensor and change the O ring on it because it's been leaking. Hopefully that will stop all oil leaks for now.
One day next week I'm taking my car to a local shop that said they could change out my bushings for me. They're going to give me a quote and see if I can live with it and see if it's worth the cost for the smoother / quieter ride.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
George, I looked today and couldn't find the one I thought I had. I will look again tomorrow in all of the stuff I bought from Andrew. I might have one in there and not know it.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Suprahero, how are you liking the Spec twin? Which one did you get? I bit the bullet on the SS trim ahead of my 2J swap but haven't installed yet. Any install tips? Thks

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Replied to pm, but I am liking the clutch so far. It hasn't given me any reason not to. It holds like a mofo and it's a little easier to drive than my triple disc was.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I haven't been able to do the new bushings yet since my car has decided not to crank for the last three weeks. I hope to work on that this week. I've been busy with work, and I also had to go to tunica for a few days and play in some poker tournaments......lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Alright, I found the problem. With the help of a local supra owner / electrical guy, we've determined that it's the coils. I have the 1zzfe coils and they're getting power to them, but they're not firing. Jason took reading on one of my coils and then went home and checked his, and they're totally different. I've ordered new ones and they should be here after Christmas. Hopefully this will fix everything.

Now, my question is why would they have been running fine and then not the next day. I'm wondering if they somehow got a power surge through them somehow that hurt them. I don't know what would make all six coils tear up at one single time unless something like that happened. It also scares me to install six new coils and have the same thing happen again. Any suggestions?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It wasn't the coils. All coils work fine. It's in the wiring harness. It seems some homeless rat got into my car and started eating away at my wiring harness. I was getting power to the coils but they wouldn't fire. If I hooked them up to a battery and a resistor, they would fire. Something in the harness was broke. I'd caught a giant rat in the engine bay a couple weeks prior to this happening and I had to rewire all of my coil packs. He undoubtedly came back and was hungry again.
I've got a brand new harness being wired by a local supra guy. I'm going with the ms3pro and hopefully this will fix everything.

Updates willl be coming soon. We're hoping to put the harness back in next weekend.