Manifold thoughts

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I have been looking on Flea Bay and found a manifold for my 2JZGTE with single turbo. This is going in my MK3 so I was wondering if some of the guys and gals in here that are running a 2J can chime in and let me know if you think this will work as far as the DP fitment. I hope the link works. If not let me know. I am going to end up running my T70 on there when I get back from this contract overseas so I am stocking up on parts while the money is good. I know God Speed and I have used them lots before so I know the quality is there, and the DP is angled slightly so it will compensate for the angle of the turbo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IS300-SC300...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae9be139c&vxp=mtr

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
That is for a ge. Not a gte.

Second like all cheap manifolds its pretty much garuenteed to fit like shit.

Other than that they usually do ok.

Personally ill never buy a cheap manifold ever again.

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
The link you posted is for a 2JZGE anyway, so if you're using a 2JZGTE cylinder head, it won't bolt up right off the bat.

As far as a GTE header/fitment, I couldn't tell you. The MTR 1J header fits with no issues (on a 2J block), but that's to be expected.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
hvyman;1934172 said:
That is for a ge. Not a gte.

KevinM;1934174 said:
The link you posted is for a 2JZGE anyway, so if you're using a 2JZGTE cylinder head, it won't bolt up right off the bat.

I looked below at what models it fits and it shows it fits the twin turbo supra. Which is why I brought it up. I wasn't sure if manifolds for the GE would fitthe GTE or not. So now that is cleared up...lol. They MTR manifolds are nice but I honestly can't justify $1000 for a manifold. I understand doing it right the first time, but $1k? That seems a little steep for an exhaust manifold.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Once you get a cheap one you will think differently.

Quality ones fit perfect and flow and sound better.

eBay manifolds are just slapped together quickly.

It's like the difference between buying a 250 eBay turbo or 1k quality made turbo. Or eBay intake manifold that hits the shock tower and booster vs a 1k manifold that fits and flows 10x better. Gotta pay to play.

Jul 30, 2011
A-Town WA
I'm running the godspeed manifold, I had a few spots reinforced and had vband flanges for a Tial 44mm an cleaned up the inside alil. Overall it's a nice bang for your buck piece, since the dm 1jz intake is godspeed I would put my money on the turbo mani being the same