Mah car won't start :(

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
Went from fine but crappy cps wiring to swapping in a replacement to refusing to start. Didn't check all cylinders but #1 is sparking well.

Left the car a couple of days and went to start it up again today and it started immediately and died like it ran out of fuel. Starting checking efi system and all checks out well so far. Did an injector plug check and these are the results, is this meter behaviour normal or do I have something wrong there?

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=26C74BE273447DCB!199&authkey=!AEV-9xZrueQwRNE

The injector is still connected to #4 but not to any others, resister pack bypassed and efi feed only feeding #3 & #4 so shouldn't have interference from others.

Cheers for any insights :)

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
I meant to update earlier, eliminated spark, ecu and cps, all my parts (minus injectors lol) work in our other supra.

Tomorrow (i guess today since it's 2am heh) I will be checking each wire at ecu one by one and all through to see what wire isn't doing what it's supposed to lol

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
IndigoMKII;1886901 said:
Well, if you went from fine but crappy cps wire to rewired cps but no start, I'd say a frail wire broke during the rewire OR a you rewired incorrectly.

Good thing my mechanical skills aren't the equivalent of your reading skills ;)

I haven't rewired my cps at all, and I don't think I've ever wired anything incorrectly (yet, *touch wood*)

I'm bout to see if later I did something completely stupid, I'm fairly sure however I did remove the rag from my intake :p But I'll recheck it anyhow heh

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
So, I thought for giggles I'd fp and b+ the fuel pump just to hear it's activity in the tank. Sounds like my pump is siezing >.<
My precious Walbro :(

Off to get gas for it anyway, tho I swear when I parked it, it had fuel.

*Sad panda*

oh and thankfully, no I didn't leave a rag in the intake :p

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
Curiously I have the pump very low to the bottom of the tank, and yeah I'm gonna keep $20 fuel in it at all times basically to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Not exactly what I needed to buy coming so close to christmas lol

With the fuel lubing and cooling the pump down I was able to start her up but after bout 10 secs or so the pump would seize and she'd stall again lol. Well, least problem found, time to spruce her up a bit :D

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
Ended up buying the aeromotive 340 11141 pump :D Should be on it's way in a day or 2 then I can start fitting it and car will go mint again :D

Wonder if I'll need to adjust the fpr for it? I suppose it won't make a difference, 38-40psi is what it's set to, one day I'll get an aftermarket ecu to get it tuned properly lol.