Not a Lurker, Voyeuristic
May 17, 2005
San Diego, CA
members.provalue.net
Allan_MA70 said:
lucky ignition is not important! :slap:

but your car wont stall with your venting BOV :bling:

love peoples priorities! :aigo:

I don't understand this statement. Ignition is important, but typically not a problem with these mods. The priority is power, or at least mine is, and of course nobody wants damage. We know lowering the load signal (TPS + AFM) will advance timing, but this is only bad if it creates detonation. Not stalling when venting the BOV only applies to MAP vs AFM...one doesn't need to actually change the AFM signal (which will alter ignition timing) to achieve this.

Without a device to change the timing map, the best we can do is adjust our AFM signal so that FC happens just beyond our desired boost, and then manage injector size and/or fuel pressure to keep the AFR safe.

One of the incentives of the MAFTpro for me, is the ability to at least monitor the timing....because I'm a datalog junkie. I'm really curious just how much WOT timing changes when changing the KV frequency.

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
O.K. let the flaming begin......What in God's creation does WOT stand for? I've tried all kinds of answers:
1> Women of Tasmania
2> World's only Turbo
3> Way Off Throttle
4> Weekend Of Torment
5> Without Throttle
I can't seem to fill in the blanks. Thanks for everyones suggestions. I'm going to have the car retuned, I'm going to order a maft pro and then go from there. Hope to get it running good pretty soon. It drives great now, it's just when I floor it that I hit fuel cut and it makes me want to set fire to it.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Can someone photochop this picture with my car on fire so that I can at least see it on fire? I dont have the nerve to actually do it myself. Set it on fire that is. I dont have the capabilities to do the photochop.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
thanks shaeff, I knew it had something to do with throttle, but just couldnt get my brain cells to line up and figure it out. I'm glad that one wasnt on the mensa test.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
WOT-wide open throttle
DTC-diagnostic trouble code
HC-hydro carbons
CO- carbon monoxide
NOx nitrades of oxygen
ECU-Engine control unit
ECM-engine control module
PCM-powertrain control module
TDC-top dead center
BDC-bottom dead center
ISC-Idle speed control
IAC-Idle air control
ACIS-acoustic controlled induction system
W, in 10W-30- winter, not weight
CPS- cam position sensor
MAF-mass air flow meter
AFM-air flow meter, Karman Vortex or Vane
EGR- exhaust gas recirculation
OBD- on board diagnostics
OBDII- on board diagnostics level 2, 1996 and later
TPS- throttle position sensor
Any others I am not thinking of? SAE and Toyota acronyms, not the internet lingo.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
^^^^very dang funny. I had no idea they stayed loved up with their brothers.

Thanks Nick for all of the acronyms. It took me a while to get up the nerve to ask about lmao and rofl. I finallygot IJ or Loki or someone to tell me what they meant though. I cant remember who did it. Anyways, thanks.

87CandyBlueT

Banned
Feb 8, 2006
Kentucky (NKY)
bigarron said:
<The maft pro sounds really cool, I am ordering one myself. The map sensor option is the way to go. Any type of air flow meter will not be as reliable as a map based system. If you pop a ic pipe, it still runs. A small vacuum leak will not be a big problem. No more stalling from your vented bov. It's around $600-ish for the whole setup from Dr Jones or www.fullthrottlespeed.com

Sorry if it got all complicated but obviously everyone has their own opinion and experiences. I don't want want to come off as a know-it-all, I just give my best advice and you can take from it what you will. If my advice is wrong them I am sorry but I only speak from personal experience.
</Quote>
Why would you want to run a vented BOV? Almost all research I have ever read about BOV's is that venting losses power and can cause the engine to run roughly? If I'm wrong correct me, just seemed like alot of the places i read the research all agreed.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
wow this is just what i was looking for!!!!, i can even almost understand most of it now,, with all the "initials" listed,,.lol excellent thread..

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
ive had to read the whole thing 3 times now, and i would not call it heated :). it got a bit confusing on the injector issue, but its all starting to come together now for me...