MA RI supras

91supra

Sep 2, 2008
Boston, Ma
kotu100;1275664 said:
so how'd your day go?

cleaned the engine today, swapped injectors and engine harness, put on ps pump, vac line, turbo, oil lines, fixed BHG, all i have left is bolt on the flywheel/clutch/tranny, then install.

ill be crusin around this weekend if anyone wants to meet up. :)

oh adn anyone here go to UTI? a friend of mine goes there, says he knows another kid with an mkiii.

i dnt go to uti but i have a friend who does. idk if we're talking about the same person tho.

supraman666

Mar 20, 2009
PAWTUCKET RI
Someone said something about a carwash cruise there is an awsome one on rt 44 in tauton MA ment for 18 wheelers so its giant like 5 stalls with 2 machines each. Theres a speed shop down the street from it too. Always see supras in the area.

jdm_emperor

Apr 3, 2006
MA
supraman666;1287115 said:
Someone said something about a carwash cruise there is an awsome one on rt 44 in tauton MA ment for 18 wheelers so its giant like 5 stalls with 2 machines each. Theres a speed shop down the street from it too. Always see supras in the area.

that sounds nice, ill be down for this

mk3patron

Jan 6, 2007
cf,RI
whats going everyone. I live in RI and I own a 88 turbo hardtop. Its currently not running but im looking foward into doing a 2jzge swap myself. I hope I can get this car running this summer so I can attend some of those meets. by the way is there anyone willing to help me out with the swap? I will appreciate any type of help I can get.

jessetooslow

May 11, 2007
Tiverton, R.I.
mk3patron;1287338 said:
whats going everyone. I live in RI and I own a 88 turbo hardtop. Its currently not running but im looking foward into doing a 2jzge swap myself. I hope I can get this car running this summer so I can attend some of those meets. by the way is there anyone willing to help me out with the swap? I will appreciate any type of help I can get.

welcome to the site.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
mk3patron;1287338 said:

Welcome, Where in RI you from? Also interested in why you're going Turbo to 2JZ-GE? Nothing wrong with building the 2J, it's a great platform but there's also much potential with the turbo 7M.

mk3patron

Jan 6, 2007
cf,RI
im located in central falls and as why im going 2jzge is because my old 7mgte has 200k miles on it and I really don't want to rebuild it. I would rather swap in the 2jzge and then turbo it as money comes.

Last edited:

jdm_emperor

Apr 3, 2006
MA
any one need a megan dp, 7mgte pistons,4300k hi lo beamh4 hid kit, short shifter, blitz turbo timer and street spec boost controller(ebc) greddy type s bov with piping?

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
jdm_emperor;1295112 said:
any one need a megan dp, 7mgte pistons,4300k hi lo beamh4 hid kit, short shifter, blitz turbo timer and street spec boost controller(ebc) greddy type s bov with piping?

Is the shifter SOGI, or a true short shift?

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
jdm_emperor;1295112 said:

how much for the HID's, and EBC? and would you be willing to sell just the piping? i've already ot a type S.

oh and where r u located in MA?

jdm_emperor

Apr 3, 2006
MA
not sure what kind of short shifter but ill try to get pics up asap, im in attleboro ma, you guys can come by n cheak out the parts if your local n have a lil supra get together at my house

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
jdm_emperor;1295336 said:
not sure what kind of short shifter but ill try to get pics up asap, im in attleboro ma, you guys can come by n cheak out the parts if your local n have a lil supra get together at my house

im up for it, when you thinkin?

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
jdm_emperor;1295336 said:

Living at school makes it a little of a challenge for short notice meets. Get me pics of the shifter and we can see what it is. If its a real short shifter, i'd love it.

jessetooslow

May 11, 2007
Tiverton, R.I.
If anyone is driving around and have nothing to do, my club has a meet every sunday at The Moose cafe in Tiverton, I will be there today with the supra you are welcome to come by if you want. Here is the site with directions, we are there from 4:00 PM till whenever.
http://moosecaferi.com/

jdm_emperor

Apr 3, 2006
MA
just found my Bosch bpv( been missing for over a year) in my garage today, no more lame stock bpv or greddy type s:biglaugh:

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
Any of you guys have clutch recommendations for a ~300-310whp 7M?

I want to get something very streetable and not overkill (to save money and avoid chatter), yet I want to do this once and be sure i'm not replacing it in 10k miles.