MA RI supras

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
87witmoreboost did u have problems with the fuel pump after the safc/vpc setup
i have a problem with no fuel pressure. gonna rewire the pump today hopefully that somewhat helps. any tips for a base tune

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
koreyd;1265202 said:
87witmoreboost did u have problems with the fuel pump after the safc/vpc setup
i have a problem with no fuel pressure. gonna rewire the pump today hopefully that somewhat helps. any tips for a base tune

It's on my shelf not on yet. If it ran fine before it must be a wiring issue. Which chip is in it?

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
440 stock chip
and when i put the pressure around 37 psi
the car almost stallls right out
right now just trying to get an idle so that when i get my wideband in i can tune it
i almost ready to start putting it back to stockish it ran then but i am trying not to do that

91supra

Sep 2, 2008
Boston, Ma
MassSupra89;1256947 said:
Whereabouts? I'm in Marshfield. and up in in Weymouth and DOT every week.

i'm in brockton.
i would love to meet up with some supra guys.

and thanks to everyone on the welcomes lol
i feel right at home.
and i'm guna have pics up soon as i can.

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
koreyd;1265807 said:
440 stock chip
and when i put the pressure around 37 psi
the car almost stallls right out
right now just trying to get an idle so that when i get my wideband in i can tune it
i almost ready to start putting it back to stockish it ran then but i am trying not to do that

Hm. Idk man. I don't have an adjustable FPR. Regardless, if you set the pressure for stock and hook up the vac hose, you should be at the right starting point.

I would stick the AFM back on and see where it gets you. If it runs fine then, you need to run through a checklist to see that you did everything right (wiring, resistor in the AFM plug, working sensors, etc)

Mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
throw down one more name whenever everyone is down for a meet.

i know alot of good places for a meet down the cape, and in the worcester area.

once the weather warms up every thursday night there is kind of a ricer meet in bourne mass, it would be sick for a bunch of supras to roll up together.

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
i am running turbo injectors and the ressitor pack
i have looked around and the supra turbo chip puts out a karmen signal
the na wcu is looking for the vs signal
the 3sgte in the mr2 and the alltrac both run flapper door ecu's and hks makes a chip for them. i have also read that many of these cars can install the ge flapper pnp
so this is what i plan on doing
reinstalling my vpc/safc in the vpc i am removing the supra turbo chip 440cc and installing the mr2 turbo chip 440cc
also i am planning on adding a wideband to tune the safc
at the moment i believe that if i use the grey wire to the yellow wire on the safc then white wire to the ecu
i have also read that the blue wire on the vpc is wired to the vta
i figure that the settings on the safc should be pressure in and pressure out
not sure if that should be pressure in flapper out
also i do know that their is a resistor between tha and e2
let me knwo what u think

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
mischief7m;1267897 said:
throw down one more name whenever everyone is down for a meet.

i know alot of good places for a meet down the cape, and in the worcester area.

once the weather warms up every thursday night there is kind of a ricer meet in bourne mass, it would be sick for a bunch of supras to roll up together.

hey trev the car still running good?

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
koreyd;1268144 said:
i am running turbo injectors and the ressitor pack
i have looked around and the supra turbo chip puts out a karmen signal
the na wcu is looking for the vs signal
the 3sgte in the mr2 and the alltrac both run flapper door ecu's and hks makes a chip for them. i have also read that many of these cars can install the ge flapper pnp
so this is what i plan on doing
reinstalling my vpc/safc in the vpc i am removing the supra turbo chip 440cc and installing the mr2 turbo chip 440cc
also i am planning on adding a wideband to tune the safc
at the moment i believe that if i use the grey wire to the yellow wire on the safc then white wire to the ecu
i have also read that the blue wire on the vpc is wired to the vta
i figure that the settings on the safc should be pressure in and pressure out
not sure if that should be pressure in flapper out
also i do know that their is a resistor between tha and e2
let me knwo what u think

I think you are wasting time with anything NA. Can't you get a GTE wiring harness and ECU?

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
well so far i only have about three grand into my car including buying it and a aparts car
i got all my pggybacks cheap
and other than my time i think i have been doing pretty good so far
and i fiugre if i am going turbo i might as well build the turbo motor i have on th floor of my shop
also i tried sourceing thr harnesses i need i have had a hard time finding a turbo engine harness and ecu.
the turbo motor hat i have needs to be rebuilt. it had severe rod knock a bhg and probbaly spun bearing
i figure that once i have the money together to build that i will take my na-t motor and drop in in a 4x4 yoda truck. that is my plan
so i will keep tinkering my what my family calls the tinker toy

jdm_emperor

Apr 3, 2006
MA
hmm i got a problem, i just put my coilovers on and now there is a variable clunking noise, depending how fast i drive, from the rear end every time i would accelerate hard, but in rolling neutral, no noises, im thinking it could be my exhaust hitting something, due to no flex pipe on the ddp. any help/input would be greatly appreciated ..

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
jdm_emperor;1269875 said:
hmm i got a problem, i just put my coilovers on and now there is a variable clunking noise, depending how fast i drive, from the rear end every time i would accelerate hard, but in rolling neutral, no noises, im thinking it could be my exhaust hitting something, due to no flex pipe on the ddp. any help/input would be greatly appreciated ..

Could be so many things man. Get under there and do check exhaust first. Lowering shouldn't cause more exhaust flex since the muff is hung from sprung body parts, but you never know.

It sounds like its the squat that makes it audible so check all parts the would collide on rear suspension compression.

Last check should be for hardware - If there is a loose bolt somewhere, you'll get that.

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
i had the same problem in my bmw and it was the exhaust hitting the rear suspension when it was squating majorly annoying until i bent the exhaust to miss the rear lower control arm
i also had an odd noise form the front end ended up being steering stabilizer links
also in my old dsm the lowering kit and coilovers cause the rear axles to kinda be pinched and caused all kinds of vibrations and noises until i had the camber kit installed cleared everything right up in the g1 talon