ma-70 carbon fiber twill weave & plain weave parts.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
year- 1987

interior part #1 - window switch bezels (pre 89 for me)
interior part #2 - steering column
exterior part#1 - B-pillar trim (hardtop for me)
exterior part#2 - Doors

I agree with rakkasan, how about some good photos of product you have made recently. Including shots of the back or any thing thats structural.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
absolutespeed;1910618 said:
true. I like the height of it so i wouldn't want it much bigger in that respect.
Also, i would have it sit solely on top on the hatch instead of overhanging and coming down the back slightly like the one i posted.

agreed.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
These are all items that weight around 50 pounds or more.

Front bumper assembly
Hood
Hatch
Rear bumper assembly
Doors
Seats

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
year-1990

interior part #1-Center console bezel. Possible options for gauges, ashtray/lighter delete + 3 52mm gauges? proper openings for Apexi Neo/AVC-R...
interior part #2-A pillar gauge pod (LHD)
exterior part#1-B Pillar trim (Hardtop or targa. Doesn't matter.)
exterior part#2-Mudflaps

Point of interest: There is a difference between the hardtop and targa B pillar trim, but it's not as major as people seem to thing. For the targa, there is a plug at the top front. That plug can be removed. On my '89, some ass broke my B pillar trim, but when I bought the parts car for my GTE swap, it was a targa. I took the B pillar trim from it, and it's on my '89 hardtop. Once I removed the plug, it fit fine. The hardtop trim fits into the B pillar trim the same way that the plug does.

kansanowner

Jan 31, 2013
Kansas
Hey, i'm new here and have an 89 targa turbo shell

I would pay good money for a front bumper assembly, mine is broken and saggy like many i've seen, And i haven't really looked to see if they are out there but some good carbon fiber door panels would make me a happy camper

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Still think you should take a poll, do one piece.. see if you actually want to pursue this (MK3 community sometimes can be pretty cheap although I see a lot here willing to pay for quality). If that one peice goes well, you have your first marketable item. Then do another item.. same deal. Eventually you will have stock as well as your molds, so its simpler to make some money off of this rather than take on a whole mess of peices and do a lot of work for little return. (just my suggestion, because I see a lot of people who "want" until they see "price"... and then interest falls off)

Also, talk to Raptor Racing if you move forward to see if George will handle your Canadian customers. It makes it easier for us in the North...

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com

Exterior part 1: Body trim for pre89. It would fit 89+ as well, but pre89 would be smoother in CF and wouldnt make sense to replicate in 89+ form.
Exterior part 2: B-Pillar trim. Enough said there really.

For me specifically, I'd want an exterior door handle and surround. Only because I need it to be replaced, and like I said, they seem to crack and fall apart over time. For the sake of the community, I didnt pick this though.

Interior part 1: Dashboard. Yeah, its a massive piece and would be expensive, but pretty much all of them in Florida (let alone elsewhere) have a huge crack in the dash, and mine is no exception.
Interior part 2: Steering wheel. Why not?

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
doors (works with all parts keeping its ingenuity (i was T-boned by someone doing 40 mph door still opened and closed and the window rolled down not all the way. only defect was the door wasnt aligned and leaked water if it rained.)

front fenders

window door switches

that thing that sits on the base of the windsheild.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Most items are already available or were available at one point in time. The biggest issue is the MKIII community for the most part, many are interested now, but when it comes down to forking the dough there are very few who do put out. Also, if you take money from the customers with a ETA of when it could be done they will literately want you to have it done that day that hour, if you go over by a day they will hound you til you return or finish. I say just build what you want in limited numbers and shoot out pricing i'm sure you'll have those on your shelf for a while before they sell anyway.

Majority want everything but for dirt cheap. IMO not worth the hassel

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
DOUBL3 D;1910890 said:
In for this!

Right?!

Actually ill add to my request

Year- 86.5-88

Exterior #1 - duck tail wing
Interior #1 - gauge bezel that replaces the stock gauges (minus speedo and tach) with aftermarket 52mm gauges but retains all signal and warning lights.
Interior #2 - steering wheel surround with built in gauge pod. I see a lot of people mounting their wideband here and it would be nice to have a proper enclosure.
Interior #3 - door sill plate
Interior #4 - center console

That's the 'dream' list but the first two are the ones I'm most interested in.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
T701jz;1910549 said:
Prices (?) for all these CF-parts mentioned (Fenders, bumper, doors,..etc) will end this thread discussion or dream of having one made.

-Noel
Long time no see. Speaking of CF parts, what ever happened with your Regulus panel replication? Dead or just postponed?

mecevans;1910668 said:
These are all items that weight around 50 pounds or more.

Front bumper assembly Uh... the bumper itself, sure, but the cover is quite a light polyurethane IIRC. Lot lighter than you'd think anyway.
Hood Yeah it's a beast, my carbon hood weighs about as much as a stout bowling ball, nice weight savings.
Hatch Glass weighs way more than the hatch itself.
Rear bumper assembly Same story as the front bumper...
Doors Honestly, between the glass, interior panel, door reinforcement structure, etc... I don't think the skin itself is going to be all that heavy. Cool though, most definitely, especially if a matching stock-for-stock interior panel could be made from CF as well. Although, that would likely reduce NVH benefits of the stock piece...
Seats Dude, there are literally a dozen seat manufacturers who sell CF buckets. Get out your fat wallet though.
My replies in red above...

projectsupra;1910761 said:
One of these again.... :icon_roll
Haha, I see threads like this bring some people out of the woodwork... good to see ya!

OneJArpus;1910889 said:
Most items are already available or were available at one point in time. The biggest issue is the MKIII community for the most part, many are interested now, but when it comes down to forking the dough there are very few who do put out. Also, if you take money from the customers with a ETA of when it could be done they will literately want you to have it done that day that hour, if you go over by a day they will hound you til you return or finish. I say just build what you want in limited numbers and shoot out pricing i'm sure you'll have those on your shelf for a while before they sell anyway.

Sadly... this is probably the most honest post in this thread.

I'm all for reliable CF vendors, but you had better put customer service as your NUMBER ONE priority above all else. ;)

CarbonWorks

Jan 20, 2013
Boston
so far the highest voted items are

exterior
doors - i will begin the research and development this week, and post back with some details and possible areas of input.
mud flap's/side skirts - will look into this on the composite level, due to durability concerns
duck style wing - i will begin a concept design this week based on some suggestions and post back with some images.

interior
b pillar
window switch bezel

due to the fact that the b pillars and window switch bezels are already commercially available, i do not understand why their is such a demand for them? can any one elaborate?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
for the interior/b pillar, etc... it is a very long shipping time, very poor communication (if at all) and their packing sometimes misses items... so you gotta wait even longer.
I want the CF console and lid, the A pillars (2 or 3 pod, but the other side as well), the door sill replacement (sits under the door and holds the edge of the carpet down) and a intercooler blockoff plate in CF.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
CarbonWorks;1911629 said:
duck style wing - i will begin a concept design this week based on some suggestions and post back with some images...

Very excited to hear about this.
I think the wing is a novel idea, because it is not simply a reproduction of an oem part, but rather it would be YOUR wing, your design. Instead of making a Regulus repro nose panel, you would be producing a Carbonworks spoiler.

Also, i'd still love to see a plug&play front lip; one with a foreward-jutting edge, but only BARELY larger than oem, so that it actually fits the oem body lines without requiring a full bodykit in order to look good.

Torque

Sep 7, 2008
In your home
OneJArpus;1910889 said:

This

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
te72;1911516 said:
Long time no see. Speaking of CF parts, what ever happened with your Regulus panel replication? Dead or just postponed?

My replies in red above...

Haha, I see threads like this bring some people out of the woodwork... good to see ya!

Sadly... this is probably the most honest post in this thread.

I'm all for reliable CF vendors, but you had better put customer service as your NUMBER ONE priority above all else. ;)
Hey Brad,
OneJarpus said it all. All talk and no action. This thread is a bed time story for kids who dreams of having Cf.....Good Luck though.