LSx coils

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Wow very nice information!!!

That wiring diagram is slightly confusing to me. Would this be correct:

A: Ignition on power.
B: Ignition signal (positive or negative?)
C: ?
D: Ground

Are those capacitors necessary? If so what is there function?

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
Nosechunks;1579953 said:
Wow very nice information!!!

That wiring diagram is slightly confusing to me. Would this be correct:

A: Ignition on power. (correct)
B: Ignition signal (positive or negative?) (not really sure ill look into it another time)
C: ? (if im thinking of this right i think the ignition wires from your stand alone system or possibly just a 5V power, most stand alones have this, but i dont know if its to be a constant 5v or a signal 5v
D: Ground correct.

Are those capacitors necessary? If so what is there function?

i have no idea on the capacitors or what the point of them really is going to be. IJ any ideas?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
northwestsupra;1583511 said:
no not really needed, but recommended then?
Depends on how noisy the circuit is Trevor.

Supraboostin;1583569 said:
northwestsupra you think you can get a smaller sig? that thing is huge

•For signatures without an image, try to keep it to approximately 10-15 lines of regular-sized text. Note that coloured text may not be correctly viewed across our multiple site styles, so it may be best to not use coloured text.
•For signatures with only an image, keep it below 650x225 pixels and below 200KB. Also, do not use Windows Bitmap (.BMP) format.
•For signatures with a combination of an image and text, keep the image below 650x180 pixels and below 200KB. Try to keep your text below 10 lines of regular-sized text. Also, do not use Windows Bitmap (.BMP) format images, and remember that coloured text may not show up properly across all site styles.

FAIL on 2 counts....

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
IJ.;1583574 said:
Depends on how noisy the circuit is Trevor.

So you would reccomennd them to be on the safe side?

IJ.;1583574 said:
•For signatures without an image, try to keep it to approximately 10-15 lines of regular-sized text. Note that coloured text may not be correctly viewed across our multiple site styles, so it may be best to not use coloured text.
•[STRIKE]For signatures with only an image, keep it below 650x225 pixels and below 200KB. Also, do not use Windows Bitmap (.BMP) format[/STRIKE].
•For signatures with a combination of an image and text, keep the image below 650x180 pixels and below 200KB. Try to keep your text below 10 lines of regular-sized text. Also, do not use Windows Bitmap (.BMP) format images, and remember that coloured text may not show up properly across all site styles.

FAIL on 2 counts....

My sig pic is about the max. Its under on width by 30 pixels.

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
I hope you guys got those coils new instead of used. I bought my set from this guy in 2006 and I got wires included for 185.00 shipped, so 200.00 today is a good deal. I had the bracketts cut, and welded to accomodate 6 coils and mounted them on the head on the intale side betwee the FFI and fuel rail. This is wired to a Wolf v500.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
QWIKSTRIKE;1598365 said:
I hope you guys got those coils new instead of used. I bought my set from this guy in 2006 and I got wires included for 185.00 shipped, so 200.00 today is a good deal. I had the bracketts cut, and welded to accomodate 6 coils and mounted them on the head on the intale side betwee the FFI and fuel rail. This is wired to a Wolf v500.

p1598840_1.jpg

p1598840_2.jpg

p1598840_3.jpg

this might or might not be the official mounting of them idk yet. i have to get the spark plug boot connectors to them so i can use my magnacore 8mm's :p and yes they are all new, set of 8 so i got a plan A and plan B in case

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
QWIKSTRIKE;1599007 said:
how I did it

571789_132.jpg

571789_134.jpg

FFIM! :p i dont have one or else id do that

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

Flateric;1599021 said:
Interesting, I was able to get mine into the valley but I put coil 2 over plug 1, coil 1 over plug 2, sorta crisscrossed, but I think 2jz gives more room there.

can you shoot me a picture ??

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
That looks really cool!

What are they mounted to?? How are the coils connected to the plugs? Can you get a COP style boot for them?

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
WeDgE;1599275 said:
That looks really cool!

What are they mounted to?? How are the coils connected to the plugs? Can you get a COP style boot for them?

could probably make one :p might be able to just make a double ended connection that you can slip into the coil end that will snap to the spark plug, little bit of soldering can do wonders.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
WeDgE;1599757 said:
Lol, I'm talking about your setup that's in your build thread.
ahhhh sorry didn't catch you were asking me..... well currently nothing is holding them in place or even mounting them, they are holding themselves in the spark plug hole, there are 2 black mounting tabs on both ends of them, if trimmed off it will clear the IC pipe and you can place them straight up and down like a COP. But you'd have to make a direct connection plug for the COP like setup "no wire at all" only thing i'm unsure if it will clear and i just thought of it was the throttle bracket.

if i could mount the coils 1 next to the each other really close then mounting them would be easy, but i fear that there could be "interference" with the signal.

you also asked whats the black stuff surrounding it, im guessing your talking about the black thing kinda wrapped around the center, its a metal casing, not sure the point of it besides maybe strength and maybe shielding magnetic forces?

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
p1600224_1.jpg

not mine but more inspiration, the only problem again was FFIM i dont have lol :) but it set me to trying different ideas. here they are
p1600224_2.jpg

p1600224_3.jpg

p1600224_4.jpg

this looked like a good spot, but the only issues i see is the BOV is kinda in the way, i'd have to make a block off plate for the Idle control valve stepper, and the oil cap. so then i flipped that side to find that it could easly work this way to.
p1600224_5.jpg

but for some reason i still think stacking them on the firewall would be my best shot for simplicity. kinda like how i had the stock coils originally.
p1600224_6.jpg

btw my ls2 coils in the picture were just being held in place by plastic straws :p seems to work for temp placement