LS400 4-Pot brake upgrade for MK3 adaptable?

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
also... i dont think many people at the stage of requiring bigger brakes are still rocking 16's on purpose... except me. im rocking 16's in the back because 16" tires just fall in my lap for free... and i can get them mounted and balanced for free... the sad reason why i dont have the volks on my car, lol.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
qwik, it definitly does.

i personally happen to know a guy who does body drops, 4-links, c-notches and various other chassis stuffs so i think him and i are going to make different suspension components. probably over DOM chromoly, like 0.125 wall is what id imagine. once i do that, itll open up my options for inexpensive yet certainly effective brake optoins... remember, the 70-0 braking distance record was set by the MKIV and not bested untill the carerra GT was tested ;)

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
flubyux2;1009313 said:
qwik, it definitly does.

i personally happen to know a guy who does body drops, 4-links, c-notches and various other chassis stuffs so i think him and i are going to make different suspension components. probably over DOM chromoly, like 0.125 wall is what id imagine. once i do that, itll open up my options for inexpensive yet certainly effective brake optoins... remember, the 70-0 braking distance record was set by the MKIV and not bested untill the carerra GT was tested ;)

Holy crap, is that really true about the 70-0 braking record? I had no clue the MKIV braking system was that good. I do agree that the best option for bolt-on is Arz's system, no doubt about that.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
werewolves182;1009325 said:
Holy crap, is that really true about the 70-0 braking record? I had no clue the MKIV braking system was that good. I do agree that the best option for bolt-on is Arz's system, no doubt about that.

yep!

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
If I was able to make a bolt on bracket for brakes what brakes would you guys want to use and how much would you pay?

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
BorHor;1009340 said:
If I was able to make a bolt on bracket for brakes what brakes would you guys want to use and how much would you pay?

Well I'm sure you already know what I'm going to say to this...LS400 Brakes for many reasons already listen in this thread. I don't know how much shop time + material cost would be so I'm not sure if this price is fair but id say $75-100ish for brackets for the the front brakes.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
flubyux2;1009313 said:
qwik, it definitly does.

So when are you guys going to start making mk3 suspension parts? Like tube control arms, full tube subframes, etc.. ;)

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
BorHor;1006697 said:
Well it will be like any other caliper. You just need a bracket to put it on. The thing is, for the price you spend on the bracket the all the parts to get it to work you can just buy a big brake kit for the same price or a bit more money. I have already added it up many times and BBK always wins.

not if you got the know how or friends with the know how and the tools :biglaugh:hehe witch thank god i do so i might just try this down the road

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
well, if you can fit anything other than a pro-star or aluma-star over MKIV-sized brakes and bigger, youre the man. mostly because aluma-stars are bad ass and not cheap. aside from that, im actually talking about cars that turn, not just straight-line cars. to be honest, i had no straight-line intentions when i was looking at brake upgrades. theres actually less reason to upgrade the brakes to anything large in drag racing than for road racing. if there was, there wouldnt be so many fox bodies on stock 8.xx" rotors and 9" drums.... or they wouldnt use Aerospace brake kits that can stop more than once in a row as an upgrade. i plan to use MKIV brakes in the rear, which are even larger diameter than the fronts... so theres no way id fit a 15" or a 16" over it unless ive got massive wheel spacers. but then, i run into problems of shearing wheel studs.

and, i dont know if id be comfortable selling tubular control arms. i dont have ISO-9001 qc certification :( i mean, they would be TIG welded on a Miller Dynasty 200 with trigas and ER308 filler. theyd also be gusseted at the ends and use stock style bushing ends. i think we are gonna try to make a jig off the stock arms.

also, if someone tries to make caliper adapters for teh stock hubs, my vote is to accept Wilwood SL6R calipers and for $120/set. thats what my old friend already did and quoted me for a copy of his adapters but i never got my hands on them :(