Looking for a Stout hood for an 89 supra.

JCFsupraman

May 12, 2005
Cold North
I know Nick had some but sold them and then sold his car too. Does anybody know who may be manufacturing them these days or if someone has an original genuine stout hood for sale or even a knock off I guess.

Aku

And The Boost Goes On
Feb 24, 2010
Irvine, CA
Nick can still get them made as far as I know. I can ask him next time I see him, he hasn't left the Supra game just yet.

Aku

And The Boost Goes On
Feb 24, 2010
Irvine, CA
They are made to order since most of the deals fall through. I get asked about my hood often but don't really refer them to Nick anymore unless they have cash in hand.

JCFsupraman

May 12, 2005
Cold North
No worries there brother. I'll paypal him for it as soon as he gets in touch with me with info and a price and some pics. If someone has an original that would be fine too. My MK3 was running great on the 4 hour drive up to Toronto Friday. I was playing with a GTR, Infiniti GX35, and a Porsche (beat em all). Funny when there's no cars around on the highway how quick you get to 180 without even trying. Well forgetting to hit the overdrive button which I was supposed to do a lot since it seemed to turn off, I ended up with the shifter getting hotter than hell and smoke coming through the vents. I pull over and shut down. Opening the hood I don't see anything just feel heat emanating like I've never felt before. Hmmmm...could it be the built TH400, or the GearVenders, or something else. Letting it sit for 40 minutes gives me a chance to check text messages.

I got into a stock called NTEK a week earlier thanks to a tip from a buddy and after religiously sharing the word with everybody I know and even people I don't know ...and having most people hear me but not listen...I had 5 friends texting we to say OMG that stock is rising like crazy. It closed at .0800 on July 3rd so my buddy John who bought in with $15k getting himself 1,250,000 shares 9 weeks ago was up to $100,000 and Friday morning I invested $27,000 more (I cashed out my RRSP account (Canada's version of the IRA) of $36k paying $9,000 in taxes and declining sales charges) So I bought 300,000 more shares bring my total up to 900,000. During the shareholders meeting the Leadership who are geniuses in their fields shared the news with everyone about the past, present and future of the company. Long story short if it continues to earn what it has been the last 2 quarters over the next 2 the shares with be trading at $1.50 by spring. My $27 bought in at .083 so the stock went up 53% Friday and my invested $ went up 48%. Not bad eh. It closed at .123 so with it going up to $1.5 next spring I should have about a little over a million.

LOL yeah i'm sure what most of you are thinking is what most of my friends thought but were too kind to say...you're nuts...You're gonna loose all your money. Well after reasearching the company seeing what the Wall Street Journal had to say along with other analysts not to mention the amazing shareholders meeting and the great products that they've already rolled out and will be rolling out...oh and July 15th they will be making major announcements about which big box outlet store will be selling their 39" Ultra High Def 4K flat panels for $699 not thousands like most other televisions, their boxes are players and streamers unlike RedRay and Sony that are just players and worse yet Sony only works with a Sony TV while this one will work with any TV.... The stock will jump again on the 16th. Yeah I'm predicting the future but whatever you do don't listen to me because I want to be the only millionaire MK3 owner. Then I'll buy my MK4, BMW X5, trailer and quit work and go to every Supra meet in North America. So getting back to the car. On the trip home as I was on my way to the St.Thomas Dragway to see some friends race and maybe get a few passes in myself, the trans blows and she just rolls to a stop.

I'm not pissed I'm just smiling since I know that I'll have it rebuilt better than before in time for MI2k13. Ever wonder what it feels like to have the confidence to know you can finally have freedom in your life...quit your job, pay off all your debt, travel and get a few nice toys. Next summer that will be me if not sooner. I hope just one of you hear me and actually listen. Please check it out. Whether you go to my facebook page and see the videos, write ups and links or go to the Nano Tech Entertainment FB page ... just do it.

JCFsupraman

May 12, 2005
Cold North
Aku;1950215 said:
They are made to order since most of the deals fall through. I get asked about my hood often but don't really refer them to Nick anymore unless they have cash in hand.

So AKU did you buy one of Nicks knock offs? How does it fit? Any issues or tips as to making it fit better or is it just perfect?

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
The fitment on my replica from nick is imperfect, but reasonable; on the other hand, the fitment on a buddy's car was no good.

JCFsupraman

May 12, 2005
Cold North
rodel;1950586 said:
The fitment on my replica from nick is imperfect, but reasonable; on the other hand, the fitment on a buddy's car was no good.
Rodel love your sig...Fortune does most certainly favor the bold brother.

So any suggestions. Do you know were I could find an original STOUT hood. I think they look awesome unless you know of a better one?

Aku

And The Boost Goes On
Feb 24, 2010
Irvine, CA
JCFsupraman;1950562 said:
So AKU did you buy one of Nicks knock offs? How does it fit? Any issues or tips as to making it fit better or is it just perfect?
I did not purchase a replica from Nick, but it is one of his hoods. My Father donated a stock hood to be used in the creation process for the Stout Replicas and was given the 2nd one I believe as part of the deal. It was handed down to me, and I have been daily driving with it on my car for almost 5 years now through rain, shine and even snow. From my understanding Nick went through A LOT of trouble to get the fitment better than the original/real Stout, the replicas are also more reinforced with a better "skeletal" layer as well. I wont say the fitment is PERFECT since it is a composite product after all, but as Rodel stated it really isn't a bad hood.

dyfj.jpg

Replica or not, it's still one of my favorite things for my III. The air out actually stopped my Dad's old car from overheating lol.

Attachments

• dyfj.jpg
    dyfj.jpg
    475 KB · Views: 28

JCFsupraman

May 12, 2005
Cold North
Your car looks awesome and I'm glad to hear that you love the hood. Actually what Rodel said was..."The fitment on my replica from nick is imperfect, but reasonable; on the other hand, the fitment on a buddy's car was no good"....which to me means there's a 50/50 chance that it might be somewhat okay or reasonable. I'd rather get the original STOUT hood or have it put on the car first before I bought it since I've had bad body kit parts in the past and they are a pita. So if you ever want to sell yours let me know or if you see a genuine STOUT hood around anywhere. thanks

Aku

And The Boost Goes On
Feb 24, 2010
Irvine, CA
JCFsupraman;1951096 said:
Your car looks awesome and I'm glad to hear that you love the hood. Actually what Rodel said was..."The fitment on my replica from nick is imperfect, but reasonable; on the other hand, the fitment on a buddy's car was no good"....which to me means there's a 50/50 chance that it might be somewhat okay or reasonable. I'd rather get the original STOUT hood or have it put on the car first before I bought it since I've had bad body kit parts in the past and they are a pita. So if you ever want to sell yours let me know or if you see a genuine STOUT hood around anywhere. thanks
Sorry I wasn't that specific. I guess the rest of my post went unnoticed regarding the ORIGINAL Stout issues CORRECTED in the replica. Hopefully they corrected their problems in later designs, as I am unaware of their production lifespan. Good luck, you're going to need it.

JCFsupraman

May 12, 2005
Cold North
Aku;1951105 said:
Sorry I wasn't that specific. I guess the rest of my post went unnoticed regarding the ORIGINAL Stout issues CORRECTED in the replica. Hopefully they corrected their problems in later designs, as I am unaware of their production lifespan. Good luck, you're going to need it.

Aku;1951105 said:
I did not purchase a replica from Nick, but it is one of his hoods. My Father donated a stock hood to be used in the creation process for the Stout Replicas and was given the 2nd one I believe as part of the deal. It was handed down to me, and I have been daily driving with it on my car for almost 5 years now through rain, shine and even snow. From my understanding Nick went through A LOT of trouble to get the fitment better than the original/real Stout, the replicas are also more reinforced with a better "skeletal" layer as well. I wont say the fitment is PERFECT since it is a composite product after all, but as Rodel stated it really isn't a bad hood.

Aku now you've lost me. You said you didn't purchase one but that your dad received the 2nd one free i guess. You also claimed that the fitment was better than the original which I've had Rodel say is not correct and one of his friends was not good at all. So I'm looking for one that fits and functions. Yours seems to do both but I guess it was the lucky one. So one in three are good? I need a little more assurance than that. I think it looks great on your car and would love to have one on mine but just want to find one that fits and has no issues or complications I guess is what I'm looking for. So were the last hoods made of higher quality but then yours is one of the first as is Rodels and his buddy's . Thanks

Aku

And The Boost Goes On
Feb 24, 2010
Irvine, CA
JCFsupraman;1951315 said:
Aku now you've lost me. You said you didn't purchase one but that your dad received the 2nd one free i guess. You also claimed that the fitment was better than the original which I've had Rodel say is not correct and one of his friends was not good at all. So I'm looking for one that fits and functions. Yours seems to do both but I guess it was the lucky one. So one in three are good? I need a little more assurance than that. I think it looks great on your car and would love to have one on mine but just want to find one that fits and has no issues or complications I guess is what I'm looking for. So were the last hoods made of higher quality but then yours is one of the first as is Rodels and his buddy's . Thanks
You're going under the assumption that the original Stout's fit perfectly just because they aren't replicas. I agreed with Rodel saying that the replicas aren't perfect by any means, but a lot of the bad in the original was worked out in the replica(fitment, structural integrity & reinforcement). If you can find either and are set on the style go for it.:biglaugh:

crimson88

Apr 26, 2009
Springdale
Contact Titan Motorsports. It was quite awhile back they had a thread on SF about the new mk3 body parts they had, and the stout replica was on that list. Its not on the website, but worth asking. Ill see if I can find the thread.
Edit: found it http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...eplica-pieces.&highlight=mk3+hood+stout+titan

And here's a new one from rhdjapan. http://www.rhdjapan.com/stout-carbon-aero-bonnet-hood-type-r-jza70-supra-60489

I was looking into these awhile back. Sadly titans wasnt out yet, Nick didn't have any, and no way I could afford the real one. Ended up with my shitty carbon creations Hood instead.

Last edited:

JCFsupraman

May 12, 2005
Cold North
Yeah that's the one.

Now what is the difference between the carbon fibre and the "cheap alternative" FRP besides the almost $300 in savings to go FRP?

Anyone have both and can offer an opinion from personal experience? wear, quality, fitment.

Any reason that they're saying it's for a 90+ MK3 with the 1jz and not the 89+ since sizing didn't change as far as I know. Must not like the 7m-gte much. An 89 running a 2jz-gte should be similar enough for them...lol

Last edited:

Aku

And The Boost Goes On
Feb 24, 2010
Irvine, CA
There are no clearance issues with the Stout design and the 7M, RHDjapan just has their own weird way of cataloging their products.

JCFsupraman said:
Anyone have both and can offer an opinion from personal experience? wear, quality, fitment.
Both? lol, I don't think you realize how uncommon/rare this hood design is brotha. Who knows though I've seen some weird things go on in this hobby, you might luck out haha:rofl: