Look what I has

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Nice ride, Joe!

I had an 87 a year back. Didn't really like it too much in stock form as I had a base model with no power anything, but it was definitely a quick little ride around the corners.

If I had the money to buy some fun stuff for it, I may not have sold it so fast.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Nice. I have a chance at getting a 1988 model. My co-worker needs the money desperately. He claims the fuel pump is bad, and when it did run it didn't go over 55mph. He did say it did run fine... up to 55mph. He wants $300 for it. Should I hit it? BTW, what's the biggest most potential 4cylinder you can drop in these little things?

EDIT: Need to clarify, not looking to go wild and turbo it either. Not looking for a 3sgte either. Just an N/A that will make it scoot pretty decent.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Wow a MR. 2 huh?

I gotta say joe....it does not fit you...it needs more ghey blue!

I can't believe you still have mr pig.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Suprapowaz!(2);1473239 said:
Nice. I have a chance at getting a 1988 model. My co-worker needs the money desperately. He claims the fuel pump is bad, and when it did run it didn't go over 55mph. He did say it did run fine... up to 55mph. He wants $300 for it. Should I hit it? BTW, what's the biggest most potential 4cylinder you can drop in these little things?

EDIT: Need to clarify, not looking to go wild and turbo it either. Not looking for a 3sgte either. Just an N/A that will make it scoot pretty decent.

here's a decent NA that'll get you scootin'..

www.v8mr2.com

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Joe, whenever you do the swap, please post pictures of of the pull/install. In my extremely limited experience viewing Mr2's, I can't for the life of me see how that is done mentally. This is partly due to an Alabama brain I guess.

Boostin 89.....please put your avatar on an auto transport, and ship it to Alabama. It should make it here by Christmas.......kthanks!

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
toyotanos;1472900 said:
Love it. I had an 89 s/c myself. Your body is much cleaner, though.

Not that you have to listen to me, but I vote for a gze swap if you can find one, or open20v silvertop ITB's!
I decided I did not want a boosted motor because of the cost and ease of temptation to try to extract more power out of it. I've had two Supras. I know where that road leads. The 20V will be more potent but spending money on NA mods won't yield significant results from it like mods on a turbo set up would and I'm not going to be tearing it apart to build it up so I'll be leaving it alone after the swap in the hp category.

shaeff;1473234 said:
Joe's body is so fresh and so clean. :naughty:
I wanted to say that.

ForcedTorque;1473388 said:
Joe, whenever you do the swap, please post pictures of of the pull/install. In my extremely limited experience viewing Mr2's, I can't for the life of me see how that is done mentally. This is partly due to an Alabama brain I guess.

I plan to make a thread/blog about any engine or restoration work I do to the car. So I can keep track of where I started and what I do. Not that I'm doing anything special here... Probably start it this weekend when I get a chance.

But the engines on these things are pulled by unbolting everything and lifting the car off the engine. Or jacking the car way up and pulling it out from under if you're brave enough to do it that way.

Poodles;1473397 said:
Guess nobody got my referance :rofl:

Never seen that movie.:1zhelp:

Last edited:

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Yes. Joe fears the rain. But at least he....scratch that...I took off his ricer muffler. Now he can think when he's driving. Then pick up some BLUE HOES! Why? Because it was been like that! ROFL.

:sarcasm: