LOL, tomorrow will be my 1st car show :-)

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
The Army unit I'm in is putting on a car show with all the locals invited as part of a "you're home" celebration to help people decompress from our deployment. Thanks to Jay (Suprahero) and his partner Ricky, my car is looking & running freakin awesome. I have been trying to tackle a few minor issues during the last week, and it's kept me from posting some pictures, but I have the car all cleaned up and ready to show, so I will take some pics tomorrow and throw them up.

I have little doubt that I'll place in the top 3, and I honestly think I'm the front runner to take the top spot. Everything is clean because Jay & Ricky did such a freakin awesome job! I swear, the car looks like it rolled off the JDM showroom floor with a rocking 1.5jz waiting to be punished :evil2:!

After I get a minor oil leak & PS leak wrapped up later in the afternoon, I'm hitting the dyno again in the afternoon and try to refine the tune on pump gas, then get another tune for C16. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to a busy, yet productive day

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

OH yeah, If I don't win the next ROTM (are they still going on?), then it's rigged and Mike hates me!! :icon_bigg

Seriously though, Jay & Ricky did THAT good of a job! I want to masturbate every time I walk into the garage.....

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
rakkasan;1627783 said:
[/COLOR]OH yeah, If I don't win the next ROTM (are they still going on?), then it's rigged and Mike hates me!! :icon_bigg

It's not you that he hates, it's Ride of the Month. It's been gone for a good while, because it was too much on the previous person in charge of it. I know at least one person who volunteered his services if it were to be brought back, but that offer was never answered.

Oh, and everybody needs a Ricky. That dude is bad ass. He put a clutch in my car in less than 45 minutes.........at night, and directly after a 300 mile drive. Of course he has put about Eleventy Billion clutches in Jay's car, so he was very well practiced in the job.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
ForcedTorque;1627917 said:
It's not you that he hates, it's Ride of the Month. It's been gone for a good while, because it was too much on the previous person in charge of it. I know at least one person who volunteered his services if it were to be brought back, but that offer was never answered.

Oh, and everybody needs a Ricky. That dude is bad ass. He put a clutch in my car in less than 45 minutes.........at night, and directly after a 300 mile drive. Of course he has put about Eleventy Billion clutches in Jay's car, so he was very well practiced in the job.
Hahahaha, Jay has had a few clutches, hasnt he. :D

Well, I took 1st place. Only people that entered had votes, and out of the 112 cars that entered, I took 97 of the votes. With that said, the field wasn't too strong. Unfortunately, I have no pictures. I was bummed because I burned out a COP, so it never crossed my mind to snap pictures, my mind was too occupied to think about taking pics. I will take a few pics soon, maybe this weekend if time permits.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Congrats! Now take some pics anyway.

As for ROTM, it's been discontinued several times, and revived several times. It's currently discontinued. What it boils down to is that it's really a lot of work, and most people that step up to the plate buckle like a cheap tent within a month or two. Of the folks who have done it, we've only had a couple that lasted more than 2 months!

T701jz, is that just odd lighting, or are there ghost flames on your fender?

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
I'm planning to hit up TEX2K11 Event....I hope to see you guys next year.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

GrimJack;1628263 said:
That's a damn fortunate reflection... makes me consider putting ghost flames ON. :)

I have consider that many times.....You never know!!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Mark's car does look stunning in the sun light. It turned out better than I could have hoped. We painted and cleared all of the window trim, mud flaps, rocker panel and even the gas tank and inside the gas lid. It's the small things that make it look good.

I'm glad you found the culprit on your loss of power Mark and good luck with the dyno tuning. I can't wait for the high boost numbers.