Leftynridge complete restoration build thread

winsauce

they call me cotton jr
Sep 17, 2010
Dayton, OH
leftynridge;1738843 said:
Tyler your engine will be next.

Hopefully, before fall this year. Dropping the head off friday@the machine shop... Cha ching :(

I like how we used that fire sleeve on your oil feed line. In the few hundred miles I put on my car before we pulled the engine my feed line was getting crispy and starting to fail. all we used was the ss braided lines and that "dei" heat tape they sell@ auto zone.

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
Quin;1738905 said:
Nice to see this thing moving along. Sorry I've been out of touch for a while, I lost your number back in February and couldn't remember your username to save my life lol

Yes it is. I will call you. I still have yours.

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

hvyman;1739006 said:
Is that a 6262 or 6765? Either sick.

And going with the nylon braid as well. Very nice.

It is actually a 6265 with a quick spool valve on a AEM. It will be running on e85 as well. I think that nylon braided looks better.

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
winsauce;1739083 said:
Hopefully, before fall this year. Dropping the head off friday@the machine shop... Cha ching :(

I like how we used that fire sleeve on your oil feed line. In the few hundred miles I put on my car before we pulled the engine my feed line was getting crispy and starting to fail. all we used was the ss braided lines and that "dei" heat tape they sell@ auto zone.

Yeah it is right in between those runners and needed something for protection. It should do the trick.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
That will be some quick spooling power right there. I agree on the nylon braid. Im doing both my oil cooling system and ps system in it. With all black fittings tho.

Did you get the bb 6265?

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
I may end up going with black fittings as well. This is just a mock up to get everything in order before being dropped in. I went with a journal bearing so when I rebuild it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg. Plus I think with the qsv it will make up for that 300-400 rpm.

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
Hey guys I'm thinking of running a 100 shot on this baby after getting use to the car at 600 whp on e85. The concern is possibly over boosting the turbo with the qsv on it. Any opinions on this? Also I've been told a 100 shot is more like a 150 whp and close to 200 tq on a 7m.

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
Inching a bit closer to firing this baby up for the first time. Here are some pics of the engine in the car as well as some of the suspension work that I completed. My engine builder Shane did a hell of a job on cleaning up the wiring harness and tucking it. You can see like 3 wires and thats it. The unfortunate part is that we did pretty much hack up a brand new harness and take things out that is not needed. Just about every part has went on to this car is brand new. I am very happy with the progress so far.

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

87turbosupra

"The 87' Burgundy"
Apr 11, 2005
Colo Spgs, CO
I was looking at your thermostat housing/kneck and noticed you only have 2 sensors
screwed in now. I was wondering how many of those can be thrown out. What
fans and radiator are you going with?

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
It would depend if you plan on using a/c, stock radiator cooling fan, The two that you see are the coolant temp and coolant gauge cluster sender. The other three that you don't see is the bvsv, a/c coolant sensor switch, and radiator cooling fan sensor switch. I am not running a/c or stock cooling fan so they can be deleted. The bvsv can be without a problem though. I will be running a mishimoto radiator and flex-a-lite electric fans.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
What rear arms are those? I like them. Ive been looking for something to either make or buy to use poly bushings instead of hiem joints with beefed up arms and more adjustment.

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
hvyman;1743009 said:
What rear arms are those? I like them. Ive been looking for something to either make or buy to use poly bushings instead of hiem joints with beefed up arms and more adjustment.

Those are the arms that Wes makes from beech performance. I to did not like the heim joint design so I asked him to make me some spherical adjustable ends for them. The worked like a charm. No side to side movement like the heim joints.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
leftynridge;1743029 said:
He talked about offering them as an option for those people who wanted them but I'm sure if you were interested he would make some up for you.

i will be having this done soon it will look good with my blue driveshaft

btw great build

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya i wouldnt buy the hiem joint ones personally.

Are the spherical ends have contained grease in them like with rubber boots or something?

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
dubsupra209;1743609 said:
i will be having this done soon it will look good with my blue driveshaft

btw great build

Nice. I know someone with a purple driveshaft.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

hvyman;1743612 said:
Ya i wouldnt buy the hiem joint ones personally.

Are the spherical ends have contained grease in them like with rubber boots or something?

Do you mean like grease fittings to grease the bushings. If so no, but I'm sure Wes could add them if you ask. I just greased them up real good with moly lube.

88mk3supra

7M DEMON
May 23, 2009
Clayton,Ohio
props on the build saw the car a little while back at shanes and like how it looks! and that motor is just gorgeous no other word lol i must have a ride in this beast when it is tuned and ready to go :D im going similar on my next setup but still not set on it yet.