Leftynridge complete restoration build thread

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
Great build. It takes alot of dedication to do it right and to make sure your cars worth 600+ hp before just putting a monster motor in and hoping brakes and suspension hold up.

How is the durability of your undercoating holding up? I tried some cheap stuff on my winter truck and you can scrape the stuff off with a fingernail.

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
Hey guys thanks for all the comments. Sorry it took me so long to respond. No internet at the moment. Just fired it up for the first time the day berfore yesterday and it sounds amazing. Just have fab the charge piping and tune it and it will be ready.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

FullNelson;1759046 said:
Great build. It takes alot of dedication to do it right and to make sure your cars worth 600+ hp before just putting a monster motor in and hoping brakes and suspension hold up.

How is the durability of your undercoating holding up? I tried some cheap stuff on my winter truck and you can scrape the stuff off with a fingernail.

Well a little to late to decide if its worth the money but what 20+ year old car is worth putting 20k+ in it. It also depends on what you mean by it being worth it. Most people are well aware of the resk to investing this kind of money into a 20 year old car. Dont plan on making money off of it just planning to keep it for a long time and enjoying it. the undercoating is doing great.

88mk3supra

7M DEMON
May 23, 2009
Clayton,Ohio
just saw the engine in the car a few weeks ago at shanes it looks great!! i am so interested in how the qsv combo is going to do i am too going the 6265 route for an all out street warrior. your gonna have to get me a ride in it when its tuned and done bro!

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Me too. I'll definitely be making another trip over there when she's all done... Unless all you Ohio guys want to come to the Indy meet? Gonna be a lot of fast cars this year... Looks like I might even have a Supra there, too.

For reference, here's a few pics of the car back in the day. These are from 2007/2008.

Block was pink... That was a pleasant surprise.

It had a nice undercoating back then, too... lol

Last edited:

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
88mk3supra;1767833 said:
just saw the engine in the car a few weeks ago at shanes it looks great!! i am so interested in how the qsv combo is going to do i am too going the 6265 route for an all out street warrior. your gonna have to get me a ride in it when its tuned and done bro!

I will most defiantly give you ride. The car only lacks half the charge piping and the tune and it will be on the road. The 3in side is done just waiting on the 2.5in. piping to come in.

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
Quin;1768222 said:
Me too. I'll definitely be making another trip over there when she's all done... Unless all you Ohio guys want to come to the Indy meet? Gonna be a lot of fast cars this year... Looks like I might even have a Supra there, too.

Wow thanks for the pics Quin. The car has changed so much over the last few years.

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
88mk3supra;1768589 said:
wow how it has come along lol! this is a 7m done right and should decimate on the street if it can get traction lol

I believe a pair of sticky mickey's street drag radials should do the trick. Spoke to Wes from Beech Performance this past weekend at Shane's shop and he said he had a pair of Mickey's on his and it was 600hp + and they hooked up just fine unless you tried to make them spin.

suprashy

Jun 21, 2005
Nassau County, NY
Words can't express how I feel about your work! Wish I could do it. (Or at least wish I had faith in a shop that would do it)! My '89 (NYC) has lots of rust underneath, but it looks like its mostly surface rust which is extremely comforting as I was debating whether to have a shop remove/restore, or entirely give up on the car. The wheel well is a diff. story. Screwdriver poked a hole right through. Your thread is great inspiration to have a shop weld & treat the wells, and I'll see what I can do with the suspension components. Continue the great work, keep us posted, and best of luck on the dyno!!

Folks love to talk about posting pics of "clean" MKIII's.....