Leecheater's rebuild, getting there

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
We Just got 2 inches :( . I'm in the same boat hoping to be ready to roll after the 1st rain fall this spring. I will definitely be looking forward to seeing more updates :).

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
leecheater;1795099 said:
Emilio, this is MN, we will see snow!! Since we haven't had our usual amount yet, it will probably snow into mid June.

NO NONE OF THAT! Its just going to be a mild winter with the standard ending time. NOTHING MORE!!!1!1!1one !! !1!!

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
toyotanos;1795139 said:
NO NONE OF THAT! Its just going to be a mild winter with the standard ending time. NOTHING MORE!!!1!1!1one !! !1!!

I lol'd

Dan, I will hold you personally responsible if there is a snowstorm in May. :D

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Steve I hope you are right. I have lived here long enough to know, all bets are out. After the nasty winter of 2010-11 we are due for a mild one.

Emilio, I once had to shovel 12" of snow out of my boat on the opening of fishing season on May 12th.

IJ. hope your wrong also. Tonight we are getting our first sub 0 f temps of the season. Latest sub zero date in MN history.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
It's fun driving the subie in the snow :evil2:

Ian, you're just mean :p

In other news, I'll be heading up to Iner's place tomorrow night around 6, got the head back today and its purdy!

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Getting closer.
p1808862_1.jpg

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
I know it's just a small piece of the big picture, but the tach driver showed up today. We had plans to get some work done today but a big flipping snowstorm slowed Sean down. Instead of working on the Supra, he had to pull my wife out of a snow drift and give her a ride to work. Something about snow and Brazilians that just doesn't mix well. This weekend we will make head way!

p1810406_1.jpg

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
My new fuel rail. It's a -10, Ross Machine Racing clear anodize finish. -10 is huge. If things go as planed and no more bad weather, we should see significant progress this weekend. Photos didn't turn out as well as I liked. It makes my Titan fuel rain look small.

p1811020_1.jpg

p1811020_2.jpg

p1811020_3.jpg

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
The rail looks like a fricken pop can. Hope to have clutch hooked up, down pipe fabricated, intake manifold welds ground down and polished, plus electrical stuff. We are planning a bunch of parts to be powder coated as well.

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
The exhaust manifold is all bolted down tight. I wrapped it with the same header wrap I have used on my old manifold. A real pain in the ass, but they are secure and I don't think it looks too bad. Sean snapped the turbo blanket in position. We might need to cut away a small piece on the bottom or the blanket where the lever for the spool valve gets pretty close. It will be so much easier to do it with the engine on the stand.

Sean ground down the welds used to fix several small holes on the intake manifold, polished her up and mounted the RMR fuel rail. We contemplated polishing it as well, but decided to leave it for now. I think it looks nice.

We also painted the swing out bars from the roll cage, and boxed up several small pieces and the motor mounts to be powder coated. Progress is a bit slow but we want everything to fit well.

p1812143_1.jpg

p1812143_2.jpg

p1812143_3.jpg

p1812143_4.jpg

p1812143_5.jpg

Next weekend we will push the car out side and power wash the engine bay and clean bell housing in the parts washer..

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Wow both intake and exhaust manifolds look great! I know i've been saying this for the last year fews but we definitely need to meet up this year.

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Steve, my quess is your mechanical ability trumps my ability to pay Sean to work on my car. I am hoping the day we hook up the electronics we can arrange it for you to be there. Sean is going to have a detailed conversation with DaveH before we get too far.

I should have the powder coated stuff back by Friday. The power steering container will be dropped at the welder after work today.

NewGen, yes, I plan on making a few Supra meets this summer. I wonder if the new owners of Supra Sport will be up for a meet there?

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
That would be sweet! I've got access to a trailer now so i'll go about anywhere. I'm going to get a "midwest" meet together. I suppose will see how much attention it actually gets. Just a weekend ordeal planning on having it at cedarfalls iowa. It's the northeast side of iowa. Fairly close to the MN, IL, and WI boarder. They have a 1/4 mile strip there as well. Ideally have a meet and greet Friday night at buffalo wild wings, maybe a cruise or beer at the hotel (There's a fairly nice hotel we've stayed at in the past has pool, arcade, pool tables at it), Then Saturday hit the track, Figure out something to do Sat night haven't goten that far yet. Then go home Sunday.