Leaving for BMT

PROJECT N00b

XBL: Mkiii DriFt3r
May 22, 2005
honolulu, california
www.myspace.com
As the title states, I leave for Air Force BMT on Monday. Just wanted to let everyone know who cares ;) just in case I get PM'd, you'll know why I won't respond.

Off I go!

Lackland AF base in San Antonio Texas!

-Justin Garganta

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I will try and give you some of my best advice:

Take only what you NEED - nothing else.
Have a haircut already, but not a complete buzz. Short, respectable, non attention-getting.
Wear plain clothes: Comfortable jeans, a plain t-shirt.

It's been about 11 1/2 years since I entered AF BMT, and I can still remember much about it. I had a wallet with a chain and a button-up gas attendant type shirt. It did not get me any positive attention. Luckily there was a guy from San Jose, California who thought it would be smart to wear a pink t-shirt.
Follow the rules and blend in.
When you dump out your bags for the T.I.s to inspect for contraband, they will criticize anything you have. I remember they asked one guy about pictures he had in his wallet. They asked "Is that your girlfriend?"
"Ex girlfriend."
"Yeah, I can see why."

Oh, don't forget to use your reporting statement, and don't say it wrong.
"Reporting as ordered? What, are you a news reporter now?"

Watch your ass as you walk past the "snake pit" in the chow hall. This is where the T.I.s eat, and can watch your every move.

Don't talk to girls, in BMT or tech school. There will be plenty of time for that when you become permanent party at your first base. I don't know why I'm telling you this, because you are probably going to get distracted any way, even with the meager selection you will be given. Let it be known that it can get you in big trouble, and make you compromise any moral bearing you may have. I might tell you the story of the two kids in tech school who were caught fucking IN a dumpster, because they thought that was the one place they wouldn't get caught.

Once you get to tech school, don't take part in stupid parties. All it is going to be is a bunch of people, mostly underage guys, getting drunk. If you go and are of age, don't be the supplier.

Optional advice: Though it may be convenient to have some wheels, don't bring your Supra to tech school. Many people will go home and get their car, or heaven forbid, BUY a car from a lemon lot, to make life easier in tech school. Your treasured car will help your social life, but in doing so will become the ferry for you and your buddies. It will be another thing that will also get you attention, in a place where you really don't want it.

To sum it up, you want zero negative attention at all. You don't want to catch people's attention until you get to your first base, and then you want it to [of course] only be the good kind of attention.

Best of luck to you!

PROJECT N00b

May 22, 2005
honolulu, california
www.myspace.com
hi guys! I'm at meps right now waiting to swear in. After that it's pretty much "smooth" sailing, I'm taking your advice drunk medic...but I wanna bring the soooooooooup!!!! I'll just gut the interior ;). Thanks for the support guys, I'll get back to you as soon as I return from bmt or tech school.

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
I should be going off to BCT sometime in the late spring, either guard or army reserve. Have to figure out which MOS i want and then find a unit/base somewhere thats not a few hours drive. I cant wait to go either!

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
Good luck. Drunk medic is right, don't wear or do anything to draw attention to yourself. And don't forget rule number 1: Don't volunteer for anything. Oh and have fun at Lackland, it's a real garden spot.:sarcasm:

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Good Luck, could be worse you could be going through real military training like the corps lol air force has it the best of any branch so don't worry you'll always be comfortable LOL.

olsupra

Jun 29, 2006
nc
just remember your reporting statement and do what your suppose to do and see if you can get on the detail of bed alighner its going to be hard but you will laugh about it later

PROJECT N00b

May 22, 2005
honolulu, california
www.myspace.com
EVERYONE! i just wanted to update you all! im here at BMT on base lib, its not that bad, just stuck with shitty flight members, so anyways i sont be able to respond till the last week of this month! thanks for all the support ill see you all when i get out!!!!

AB Garganta!

PROJECT N00b

May 22, 2005
honolulu, california
www.myspace.com
happy valentines day!

ill be graduating in less than a week and a half, im open mech but ill find out by my 8th week. ill call everyone up when i get out and when i get back to cali im going 5speed!!!!! i need to find out how much they charge at kaizen ;)

ill see you all when i get out.