Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
aloshan;1833409 said:
-Why could this be?

Installer error.

aloshan;1833409 said:
-Is it possible I could of cross threaded causing a leak?

Anything is possible...

aloshan;1833409 said:
-Is this a common problem with the 7m

No.

aloshan;1833409 said:
Its really difficult to get to since the turbo is now installed(and im certainly not removing the turbo again as it took me hours to put back on),so its taken me hours to tighten.

Removing the turbo takes maybe 15 minutes if you're using proper tools. Stop being lazy and fix it correctly.

KicknAsphlt;1833445 said:
If it's the flange on the oil drain fitting on the block, either you didn't use a gasket at all, or it could be a warped flange. You'll have to take it off and inspect it. I would get a can of 'The Right Stuff' and make your own gasket with that; put a decent bead around the flange mating surface (make sure you put the bead around the drain port) then put the fitting back on the block. Tighten the bolts until you can see the RTV start to squish, then stop....leave overnight, then cinch down the next day.

Not quite, he's better off reading the directions on the package.

Maple191;1833495 said:
If he puts too much sealant, it will squish into and block the drain aand possibly go into the block. Then he'll have lots of "fun" replacing his motor.

Considering it would just go to the pan, and they're a screen on the oil pump pickup, it's not an issue. Even if it was small enough to get past that, it would get caught in the oil filter...

Maple191;1833565 said:
Please try this im seriously waiting the end results.

Following the directions on the package, he'll be fine (in fact a lot of us use a thin film of gasket maker on paper gaskets for this exact reason...)

Honestly, I'm starting to think he hooked it up to the high pressure port that's blocked off with a flange like that... Either that or he didn't pop the hole out of the center of the gasket or something as the only way he'd have oil pouring from that would be if it's under pressure...

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Poodles;1833620 said:
(...)

Removing the turbo takes maybe 15 minutes if you're using proper tools. Stop being lazy and fix it correctly.

(...)

+1, in the time you've spent trying to fix the leak you could've removed the turbo.

Remove the turbo, take pics of the flange, and post them here. Do NOT post until then.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
^^^ lol its stupid simple to remove the turbo with the engine in though....

I can see maybe doing the clutch how its just simpler to pull the motor and trans but the turbo..

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Turbo Habanero;1833678 said:
^^^ lol its stupid simple to remove the turbo with the engine in though....

I can see maybe doing the clutch how its just simpler to pull the motor and trans but the turbo..

Nope, clutch is easier to just drop the tranny (then again I have a tranny jack...)

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
Poodles;1833620 said:
Installer error.

Anything is possible...

No.

Not quite, he's better off reading the directions on the package.

Considering it would just go to the pan, and they're a screen on the oil pump pickup, it's not an issue. Even if it was small enough to get past that, it would get caught in the oil filter...

Following the directions on the package, he'll be fine (in fact a lot of us use a thin film of gasket maker on paper gaskets for this exact reason...)

Honestly, I'm starting to think he hooked it up to the high pressure port that's blocked off with a flange like that... Either that or he didn't pop the hole out of the center of the gasket or something as the only way he'd have oil pouring from that would be if it's under pressure...

yes only under pressure(when i start the car) does it leak. I am an idiot and am still learning so can you explain how I could of mistakenly connected to a high pressure port?

I have since but the stock line back in but its still leaking!!!

Tightened everything , use copper washers for banjo bolt,made sure i put a gasket in for oil drain , also put in gasket sealant for good measure ,made sure dipstick seals properly.... STILL LEAKING....

where else can it leak copious amounts of oil beside oil drain and dipstick?

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
are there any random holes that need to be plugged up or oil shoots out under high pressure. maybe we mistakenly removed a bolt we didn't have to.

found another hole underneath the dipstick tube , plugged that up and the oil seems to have slowed down , still leaking though....

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Turbo Habanero;1833992 said:
Take the turbo off !

It's really your only choice to do it right

this is the thing , i took the turbo off 4 times to make sure that it was completely perfect.......

i worked on this damn thing for 3 days straight before I created a thread on it. It theory it seems so simple. One fitting--> pipe goes over-->seals with gasket--. goes to turbo.

banjo bolt tightened with copper washer

dipstick tube sealed properly with rubber seal.

there should be no leaks , but under pressure...there is!

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
HKS_TRD;1834047 said:
Just take your car to a mechanic

mechanic coming on Saturday( i work mon -fri) car is at parents place.

Just worried he'd want to take of the turbo to access the oil lines (got quoted $1299 for turbo removal)

Im mechanically retarted m hence my threads just to see if I didntl miss something stupid...dont really want to pay massive amounts of money to fix a leak....

also..pm sent.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
What! $1300 to take of a freakin turbo!!

Um take that shit off your self for the love of god.

Dude its probably those cheap ebay lines not sealing.

What turbo are you using???

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Turbo Habanero;1834058 said:
What! $1300 to take of a freakin turbo!!

Um take that shit off your self for the love of god.

Dude its probably those cheap ebay lines not sealing.

What turbo are you using???

thought it migth be the ebay lines(which werent cheap) so I replaced them...same thing....

rebuilt with 60-1 garret wheel.

yes that much to remove the turbo ( which is why I did the removal and installation myself)

after removing the turbo 4 times in a row I'm thinking its maybe because the oil drain as to go on at angle , like in these pics , but I may have put it on completely horizontally, therefore not sealing the hole. That's all i can think of, have to have a better look when I get to my parents house tonight.

p1834073_1.jpg

p1834073_2.jpg

p1834073_3.jpg

I think il take a drive to my parents house tonight to have a look and see.....

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
aloshan;1834050 said:
also..pm sent.
and duly ignored because all you did was PM the exact same question that was in this thread. I'm starting think you are just a troll and you are making this shit up to annoy people for your amusement. It seriously isn't possible for someone to be this fucking stupid. If your question is for real you may want to consider that the leak is further upstream, and the oil is running along the drain and pooling at the block/oil drain interface which makes it looks like the leak is there. As to it only leaking under pressure, of course its only going to leak under pressure, all the points you mention are above the oil level in the sump, that is no revelation and of zero value to your fault finding process. Your mention of possibly putting the oil drain on crooked makes no sense, how on earth could you do that and not notice that something is not right, and how would you be able to bolt it down. And for the drain to fit that way you must have bent it, perhaps so much that its blocked? Also, banjo fittings need two copper washers not one. I'm also baffled how you think a high pressure leak could be exiting via the dipstick. Honestly, this type of car is not for you, how on earth do you expect to get a T4 etc on it when you have issues like this and already everyone on Toymods ignores you with other forums soon to follow suit. Stop flogging a dead horse and move on. I will again state that I am convinced you are a troll