Leaking from turbo oil line HELP PLEASE 7mgte

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I'm tempted to suggest that you take the engine out at this point to work on it like ATL88Supra does... but then we'd get a thread about how you can't put the engine back because the fuel lines are now leaking, but only under pressure...

Btw I thought you were told to quit buying ebay crap. This is why.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
HKS_TRD;1834102 said:
...I'm also baffled how you think a high pressure leak could be exiting via the dipstick...
For what it's worth, I left my dipstick off for a day once (honestly forgot to put it back in after doing other work), we were painting said dip stick to be able to read with ease. It leaked, but only a bit.

That said, someone needs to invest in a second (RELIABLE, BORING) car, an engine hoist, a TSRM, and some patience. Couldn't hurt to take a look at that "how to live with a Supra" thread in my sig either...

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
te72;1834203 said:
Someone needs to invest in a second (RELIABLE, BORING) car, an engine hoist, a TSRM, and some patience. Couldn't hurt to take a look at that "how to live with a Supra" thread in my sig either...

Excellent suggestions. Btw, I think he does have a second car, he wrote "the supra's at my parents, gotta drive over there" or something like that.

That's one of the problems with this guy though, you have to read his mind. Otherwise, he just yells at us "I took the turbo off four times already!" as if he hadn't left us to assume that he hadn't done it once.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Has anyone followed the equivalent thread on Supraforums, its wound up exactly where we are here. Perhaps what we need to stsrt doing is what everyone now does on Toymods and ignore his posts completely. I was quite impressed with how quickly the guys there started doing that. We needn't feel any guilt because he still has Supraforums to ask questions and not listen to the answers he receives.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
astrovan, if this is the turbo with new wheels, and no balance job. Its trying to tell you something.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Well

For those that are interested, in a different thread he has started on Toymods, Aloshan let slip that he has solved his oil leak, it was a missing bolt in the block.

Considering how much of everyones time he wasted with his question it would be courteous of him to let everyone know he solved the problem.

Can everyone please just ignroe any other thread he starts so he will go away, either that or mods ban him now

He has all the other forums (that he isn't banned on an anyway) to torment people

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
HKS_TRD;1835499 said:
Well

For those that are interested, in a different thread he has started on Toymods, Aloshan let slip that he has solved his oil leak, it was a missing bolt in the block.

Considering how much of everyones time he wasted with his question it would be courteous of him to let everyone know he solved the problem.

Can everyone please just ignroe any other thread he starts so he will go away, either that or mods ban him now

He has all the other forums (that he isn't banned on an anyway) to torment people
Can't we just continue to WOS him until he goes away?
-AM3

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
wasnt the turbo.well it is the turbo but thats not what was leaking. as suggested before I had removed a bolt just above the oil drain line. This was pissing oil. Plugged it up and no more oil!

Yes....I will have to concur...I do know just enough to be dangerous...... I will start looking for a mechanic.

All in all I installed the turbo , no leaks , started her up , took her for a drive...and when I go into boost(or when im supposed to be boosting ) I hear a massive wailing sound and white smoke out the exhaust. Also no boost at all.

this tells me that the turbo is bad...which I know is my fault... this was a learning experience for me and im sure I damaged the turbo as the blades got stuck in the exhaust housing while I was trying to put it in , so I had to push and pull to get it out. Also when installing onto the compressor cover I used a hammer to knock it in and I chipped the compressor wheel as well......

Im going to get another CHRA and it will be MUCH easier this time , disconnect oil drain and banjo bolt , install chra in compressor housing and put into exhaust housing. Connect everything up and done. Shouldnt be such a drama this time.

Thanks for all the help.