knock sensor question

soupersupra

Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA
i have a 87 7mge and i am not sure if the turbo knock sensor is the same as the n/a sensor... i put it in and it works and cleared the code but not sure if my problems i have right now are because of that sensor...

the problems~ pretty sure they all relate

~ the exhaust is popping on downshifting and when cruising where im not accellerating or decellerating, im in between i kinda get this miss sorta thing, with a slight surge kinda like the car cant make up its mind whether it wants to speed up or slow down... on accelleration it runs great

~ and it starts up kinda slow in the morning with a miss for about 5 seconds

~ i just did the head gasket injectors are clean and fuel rail is clean...

any ideas?
thanks

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
soupersupra;1016556 said:
i have a 87 7mge and i am not sure if the turbo knock sensor is the same as the n/a sensor... i put it in and it works and cleared the code but not sure if my problems i have right now are because of that sensor...

the problems~ pretty sure they all relate

~ the exhaust is popping on downshifting and when cruising where im not accellerating or decellerating, im in between i kinda get this miss sorta thing, with a slight surge kinda like the car cant make up its mind whether it wants to speed up or slow down... on accelleration it runs great

~ and it starts up kinda slow in the morning with a miss for about 5 seconds

~ i just did the head gasket injectors are clean and fuel rail is clean...

any ideas?
thanks
Have you put a timing light on it? Checked the TPS to make sure it is aet right?

soupersupra

Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA
AJ'S 88NA;1016745 said:
Have you put a timing light on it? Checked the TPS to make sure it is aet right?

timing is right... ill check the tps... and after i did head gasket i started getting bad gas mileage too its odd