keith's swap to swap(1jz>2jz+more),empty pockets again(pics)

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
most people don't see this as a good upgrade for the money.the rotor's are only an inch bigger then stock. if they were any bigger,i would need new rim's though.
91-91 300zx caliper's $50.99 w/62.00 core
04 350z rotor's $80.00 each
addapter bracket's $200
you also need to have some hub centric ring's made for the 350z rotor's to center on the mkIII hub ,cost ?

Last edited:

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i used a caliper paint kit,but should have bought another brush.the brush looked more like it was for part's cleaning and not painting.i can live with them,even though there very easy to see behind the spoke's of the wheel's.there is about a 1/4" space at one point where the caliper get's close to the wheel.
p1015964_1.jpg

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i got my new rear wheel bearing's and mkIV hub's pressed into the mkIII hub's the other day.i installed some new cv boot's on the axle's too.i ended up putting the rear suspension back together,just need to try to get the wheel's going straight.

i also picked up some rebuilt caliper's from autozone and gave them mine for core's.i tryed to bolt up the caliper's today and thing's were going smooth.i bolted up the driver's side and i'm happy to say the mkIV hub's worked out great.the rotor is hub centric now and the rotor sit's perfect in the middle of the caliper.then i get over to the passenger side and notice the other caliper is boxed wrong.i ended up with 2 left side caliper's:(,so off to the part's store.it ended up not being to big a deal because they have more at there vendor and it should be here on the 16th.i really need to stop getting stuff there,because of these type of issue's.i gave them my nissan caliper's too and they gave me the wrong passenger side caliper.the problem i'm having now is they shipped my core's out and there vendor doesn't have any to replace the defective one(boxed wrong).the brake's are holding my car up from a test drive to see if any other issue's appear.
well here's a pic of the rear driver's side brake set up.the mkIV caliper come's from autozone powdercoated black with the decal on it.
p1022104_1.jpg

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
registered my car yesterday:).i bled the brake's with a left side caliper on the right side front.long story short,autozone kept giving me the 90 n/a 28mm 300zx caliper and it doesn't fit over the 350z rotor.i ended up getting one from advanced auto,but that was a left side in a right side box:(.i got another today that will go on to the right side,once i get some more motul brake fluid.the brake's feel great,but the master might not be enough for the caliper's.i am a little low on fluid in the resivour,but honestly don't think that's it.one pump of the pedal and it is nice and firm.

i'm also happy to say the r154 i built started getting smoother after the first 10 mile's.it felt a little notchy at first and i couldn't find third a couple of time's,but it could have been driver error too;)

the spec twin disc is easy to drive with a heavier pedal.i think it's going to work out great and play nice in traffic.

the car seamed to run nice even with the base map on the power fc.the only problem is my brand new plx wide band pretty much took a shit on me.it did work at idle in the garage before driving it.i'm not sure what i'm going to do about it yet,maybe get another sensor.i do have a fuel pressure gauge in route which will help monitor something,but want a working wideband also.i'll be going easy with the car to break in the new clutch anyway's.

i also need to play with the suspension a little more and get the car on the alignment rack.it's just so weird driving such a low to the ground car again.i drive an ford E250 van all day at work and my daily is a dodge 2500 diesel 4x4:)

so far i'm happy and look forward to driving it more.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
trdmkIII,that's why build thread's are so important.i've gone through many thread's and they give me that extra kick in the ass to motivate me too.

i got about 30 mile's on it now and can say i'm getting the hang of driving a car again.the clutch might have a heavier then stock pedal,but i can make the car move right off of idle.
i took a pic off my ride sitting outside my garage,while i was sweeping the floor.it's been a long time since i could actually see the floor;)
p1029286_1.jpg

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
thats wierd about the misboxed calipers, That has happened to me twice at autozone in the past.

Motor looks great, car looks sweet. Gonna have to make the jump to getting it painted now that its "done" mechanically. Well, done until the next time you change your mind, lol.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
TuRbOdReAmZ87;1029347 said:
Lookin good man. I like how your car looks
thanks,you should come down to colt park in bristol,RI on sunday.this year i'm not supposed to be the only supra at the meet;)

theWeezL;1029401 said:
thats wierd about the misboxed calipers, That has happened to me twice at autozone in the past.

Motor looks great, car looks sweet. Gonna have to make the jump to getting it painted now that its "done" mechanically. Well, done until the next time you change your mind, lol.
you wanna here another good one.advanced has the right side caliper marked as a left.i ended up buying both side's off them($105 each)just to get the side i needed.now i have an extra left side caliper to put on the shelf:(.

i hear ya on the paint weez and i hope everything else stay's together.this motor just seem's to have a boat load of torque,which put's a :) on my face.i just need to wait until i get some cash flow for the paint.

thanks for the kind word's guy's

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
went to a car meet today.i stole these pic's that somebody else took of my car:naughty:he's better with a camera then me
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Frankenstien

Mar 2, 2008
Lower Mainland, B.C.
That's awesome man.:love: I'm building up my 1JZ-GTE TTR this summer. One day I'll put a JDM 2JZ-GTE in it but cash flow is an issue. Thanks for posting a build thread, really appreciate it.