JZA70 return to the road and onwards to reliable performance

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Looks amazing.
I shudder to think how much money this project will end up being, since you're using so many oem parts.

Not that it matters. :)

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
wow, that is really quite the build there. Very impressive!!

Where are you finding all these part numbers, that alone consumes more time then the restore a lot of the times!

Getting factory vac line in a roll would be very impressive, this is something that has eluded me for MANY years.

Do you just give the part numbers to Toyota dealerships near you to get the parts and do they discount them at all?

I had a hell of a time finding part numbers when I did my restore. I think it's safe to say that we should create a page with part numbers listed for everything anyone has bought in the past or present. I've tried using the EPC, but it's very time consuming finding most of the parts.

Another example of this is you have the denso numbers for the stock coils wihch I just found on amazon for 62$ if you bought from toyota it would be closer to 600$

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Wow this car is looking great!

Any progress pictures you can share with us? Also was your A/C conversion and compressor rebuild successful?

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Looking good. Starting work on a JZA70 TT-R right now as well, some inspirational stuff in here, and a few pieces I wouldn't mind having, but the time has past for some of them from Toyota anywhere. :(

Jeff

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
Jeff Lange;2093647 said:
Looking good. Starting work on a JZA70 TT-R right now as well, some inspirational stuff in here, and a few pieces I wouldn't mind having, but the time has past for some of them from Toyota anywhere. :(

Jeff

Appreciate the kind words.

Can pinpoint many a number of times where I have saved your posts to guide my parts selection for this car.

I know what you mean about bits going extinct.

If there are specific JZA70 parts you cannot find please free to drop me a PM. I parted another 1992 JZA70 to build this car so have a lot of VGC used doubles.

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
JDMMA70;2093622 said:
Wow this car is looking great!

Any progress pictures you can share with us? Also was your A/C conversion and compressor rebuild successful?
Still TBA on the AC. The parts that you got for me are all installed though! I'm about to refill the oil. I figure I should take the lines off and fill it directly into top of compressor?

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
DeSloth;2093718 said:
Still TBA on the AC. The parts that you got for me are all installed though! I'm about to refill the oil. I figure I should take the lines off and fill it directly into top of compressor?

Yes sir, total oil capacity into the compressor.

The Swede

Aug 11, 2013
GAMMELSTAD
DeSloth;2059202 said:
Building pace on the car, so parts are starting to roll in. It is a real goal to keep the car reliable, so don't want any ignition gremlins.

p2093793_1.jpg

p2093793_2.jpg
I bought my supra very! cheap just for that reson. the engine didn't run, changed the sparkplugs to original denso, purred like a cat when i started it
I used to work in a lokal Toyota dealer (sweden) and a common issue with problem with any Toyota is wrong sparkplugs.

Skickat från min K10000 via Tapatalk

Bluemax189

Apr 5, 2017
Md
huge inspiration!!! I actually bought a jza70 limited edition that I'm working on. Was having some ignition breakup that normal plugs didn't fix so ordered those same denso coils. We'll see how it works out. But yes your car is amazing and ive referenced this thread a bit already.

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
Car is registered!

Have some brakes issues and had to remove the rebuilt master cylinder.

Will hopefully have that sorted soon and get a chance to run up some km.