just joined the 1uz club

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
great work that was defiently the best 9 pages of my life haha...cant wait to see it when its done i want to go for a little spin in it when you get it done if thats alright with you...? :evil2: 1 question though how are you going to get it smogged....?

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
iMike_G.;1453272 said:
Brandon ill try talking to him tomorrow! when we go to class! so maybe tomorrow night? if i can get him to go!?!?!

and..... it's ok I'm taking a couple of days off the project anyway. I'll get back to it tomarrow night. maybe you guys can come out this weekend?

dubsupra209;1454768 said:
great work that was defiently the best 9 pages of my life haha...cant wait to see it when its done i want to go for a little spin in it when you get it done if thats alright with you...? :evil2: 1 question though how are you going to get it smogged....?
Cool... I'll definately give you a ride, but you're gonna have to bring a seat .... lol kinda ironic since your seats came out of this car........ and actually I'm starting to wish I would have coughed up the cash and bought your car before you got it......

as for smog, there's some new smog laws now (california needed cash) Apparently you can stick a non stock motor in cars now as long as it's a newer engine, and all the smog equip is hooked up. I already talked to my smog guy too. So I'll be getting it legal to boot. Untill I megasquirt it and put the hx40 on it.....
but anyway, you should go with the 1uzfe in your car too, I'll even help.

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
so, I finally got the mounts bolted in......... discovered the length that was given was for solid mounts. but no biggie I'll have ones that use the stock rubbers made by the end of the weekend. If anyone is interested I put the solid mounts up for sale on my online store. www.1uzfeswapkit.com I also listed several other items for the 1uz swap that can be very handy.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
http://www.1uzfeswapkit.com/Solid-Steel-1UZFE-MkIII-Supra-Engine-Mount-0000-0002.htm
These are solid mounts for swapping the 1uzfe Lexus v8 into a 1986.5-1992 Supra. They're made from 1018 Cold Rolled Steel and professionally Mig Welded. They are a 1 piece design and do not use the rubber/poly mounts. IN STOCK NOW!!!!

http://www.1uzfeswapkit.com/1UZFE-to-R154-Bellhousing-adaptor-plate-only-0000-0003.htm
This is a adaptor plate to attach a R154 5 Speed tranny to the 1uzfe Powerhouse! This 1 Piece design comes with integrated hydraulic throwout spacer and guide pin location. Fully CNC Machined from billet 6061-t6510 aircraft grade aluminum plate. These plates are being made on a 1 off basis right now. Prices will drop significantly once these go into production. PLEASE ALLOW 6-8 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY!!!

I hate misspellings on websites, so I fixed what I saw for you. Nice looking swap, I might be hitting you up for some mounts eventually (unfortunately I wouldn't use the adapter, if I ever go 1uz it will have a built auto behind it).
I wouldn't run the stock compression over 10psi. As far as I know, Ross is the only company that makes forged pistons for the 1uz (8.5:1 compression with stock heads/gaskets)

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
iMike_G.;1456398 said:
The purple looks good!!!

NO IT DOSEN'T.......

J/K

IJ.;1456459 said:
What's behind the Purple theme 4U?

Purple tower of power...

foreverpsycotic;1456521 said:
http://www.1uzfeswapkit.com/Solid-Steel-1UZFE-MkIII-Supra-Engine-Mount-0000-0002.htm

http://www.1uzfeswapkit.com/1UZFE-to-R154-Bellhousing-adaptor-plate-only-0000-0003.htm

I hate misspellings on websites, so I fixed what I saw for you. Nice looking swap, I might be hitting you up for some mounts eventually (unfortunately I wouldn't use the adapter, if I ever go 1uz it will have a built auto behind it).
I wouldn't run the stock compression over 10psi. As far as I know, Ross is the only company that makes forged pistons for the 1uz (8.5:1 compression with stock heads/gaskets)

Thanks! I was in a bit of a hurry and not felling very good when I setup the site. Typically I'm a bit of a grammar nazi, so thanks for pointing out the errors.
One of the reasons I'm selling individual pieces or as kits is because of people that want to go with auto's or w58's. ;) Also, if you need an auto I have one with only 44k miles on it.

Last edited:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
The 1uz is way out (at least a year) I will probably sell my supra with a 1jz when I get bored of the power levels that it puts out, and then build another. I will not be running a toyota auto if I go through with the 1uz though, looking at using a built 700r4. I am hoping that toyota did not change much on the flexplates from the 2jz to the 1uz, and I can get away with one of those hybrid converters (chevy tranny side, toyota flexplate side) that they use on the chevy auto swapped MKIVs.

Where are you going to mount the turbo? I put some thought into my theoretical swap and was looking at a drivers side mount, with a cross over pipe. This way, the IC pipe will not run over the hot exhaust pipes, and you can use a normal FMIC for it. The only downside is that I don't know if you can fit a downpipe on the passenger side. If I were to mount it on the passenger side, I would probably use a a2w IC located behind the foglight.

GL with your swap, I am def staying tuned in.

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
foreverpsycotic;1456928 said:
The 1uz is way out (at least a year) I will probably sell my supra with a 1jz when I get bored of the power levels that it puts out, and then build another. I will not be running a toyota auto if I go through with the 1uz though, looking at using a built 700r4. I am hoping that toyota did not change much on the flexplates from the 2jz to the 1uz, and I can get away with one of those hybrid converters (chevy tranny side, toyota flexplate side) that they use on the chevy auto swapped MKIVs.

Where are you going to mount the turbo? I put some thought into my theoretical swap and was looking at a drivers side mount, with a cross over pipe. This way, the IC pipe will not run over the hot exhaust pipes, and you can use a normal FMIC for it. The only downside is that I don't know if you can fit a downpipe on the passenger side. If I were to mount it on the passenger side, I would probably use a a2w IC located behind the foglight.

GL with your swap, I am def staying tuned in.
cool, cool, I plan on mounting the turbo up front, possibly in the battery box area.

Justin727;1457787 said:
sweet looking swap.. Need to add 3rd gen 4Runners on your site as well sir! Maybe Ill throw in the spare 1uz I scored in my 4runner sometime.
lol, I'm actually trying to convince one of my coworkers to let me do the swap for him after I get this car done.

ihiryu;1458383 said:
So the mounts are in stock then?? Cause if they are I'll place an order right away

yep, and I got your order. I'll ship them on friday.

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
that's right son...
so here's a little video of the engine with the new mounts installed but not bolted in.

and here's what they look like.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

the spud on the plate has a boss turned on the bottom so it can be pressed in, and welded from the backside of the plate. I'm pretty sure that if you break one of these mounts there will be a piece of the aluminum block attached..... The black mounts are made out of uhmw, which is great because they have the advantages of solid mounts without as much harsheness.

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
I really like this swap good work.
if your adapter plate was offered a year ago I would have bought it and done this swap. but I have two much invested in my 1jz now to turn back.