just joined the 1uz club

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
Chambers;1433251 said:
Nice, welcome to the club, :). I would think the T56 would be a sweet tranny to put behind a 1UZ, that is something worth pursuing. Please do keep up the updates, I'm still torn on how to fab the mounts. Another member Viper...(something) just cut the subframe mounts and basically rotated them to work with the factory 1UZ engine mount. I figured that would be easy, but regular swap mounts would just be a convenience. Good luck! Also, hit up lextreme, good people there if you need any parts or info.

It's definately worth pursuing, I just Don't have the 1000-2000$ For one without a bellhousing.
As for the mounts, I saw where the one guy welded on new mounts. But that dosen't seem very feasable because of having to source subframes as opposed to machining a whole new mount.
I'll be making an account on lextreme. I just haven't had time yet.

limequat

Dissident
Apr 1, 2005
Detroit
4U2QUIK;1433544 said:
there's a factory hydraulic throwout? Then why isn't everyone else doing this?

Beats me?

The bearing retainer is ~$50 from GM parts direct, part # 89048231.
The hydraulic throw out bearing is ~$50 used on carpart.com Any bearing from a Chevy colorado will bolt on.

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
4U2QUIK;1430909 said:
And your friend is?

I already purchased the plans, But I'm going to be making some moderate changes to their plate. Partially to accomodate the specific hydraulic throwout that I'm thinking of using. (more info wil come later)
I got the R154 today, The guy also threw in a mr2 flywheel. I read somewhere that people are modifying them for this application so I'm hoping I can find out more info about what has to been done to make them work. I might also figure this out on my own tomarrow when I get everything seperated.

and yes, the engine came out of a low mileage US model 1994 SC400. I was able to carfax the vin tags on the engine. :)

im here... My name is Bryan, you'll see on 1uzsupra.com that i helped mike revise his wiring diagram a tad with differences that i found. you can also find my build thread on that site or linked in my sig. Good luck with the build. 1uz's are fun. boosted they are even more fun. if u need any help let me know.

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
IJ.;1433549 said:
Stock subframe and mounts then make adaptors from some 6mm plate.

Doing it this way means you can buy the parts anywhere if needed and it can be easily put back to stock.
[thumb]http://ij.supramania.com/lsx044.jpg[/thumb]
Great minds think alike, lol.

limequat;1433693 said:
Beats me?

The bearing retainer is ~$50 from GM parts direct, part # 89048231.
The hydraulic throw out bearing is ~$50 used on carpart.com Any bearing from a Chevy colorado will bolt on.
Hmm. I might look into this if I have time.

viper92086;1433761 said:
im here... My name is Bryan, you'll see on 1uzsupra.com that i helped mike revise his wiring diagram a tad with differences that i found. you can also find my build thread on that site or linked in my sig. Good luck with the build. 1uz's are fun. boosted they are even more fun. if u need any help let me know.

I've been all over your thread, good stuff!
I just purchased a sc400 Tewd, so I should have the wiring covered, but if not I'll be sure to let you know.

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
sounds good. i just sent mike a write up on how to get rid of the rear o2 sensor check engine lights. I'm sure he will be posting it up on 1uzsupra.com soon.

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
viper92086;1434522 said:
sounds good. i just sent mike a write up on how to get rid of the rear o2 sensor check engine lights. I'm sure he will be posting it up on 1uzsupra.com soon.

I'll be needing that too! I was just going over the wiring diagram for the engine and saw the need. I figured it was just another thing on the list of things to figure out before I can get this thing up and running.

kamikazemkiii;1434536 said:
I think u have to have the motor in the car before u can join that club :) lol
looking good manee, good luck with the build!
That'll be happening soon enough. I'm supposed to pick up the car from my parents ranch today so I should be getting the 7m out during the week, and the 1uz in by next sunday..... with luck!.... There's still a couple of major parts I have to source!

iMike_G.;1434533 said:
Very nice Brandon!!! has tanner been out there to see it yet?

I think rennat's seen the motor and the car at seperate times before.

So here's some pics of my progress so far.
p1435542_1.jpg

Here's the filthy r154 I scored for 80$

p1435542_2.jpg

p1435542_3.jpg

Here's the MR2 Flywheel, I need to take pics of the 7m one so you guys can see the difference. The mr2 flywheel looks just like a lightened 7m flywheel...

I'll have some screenshots of my adaptor plate file in the next day or two.

Last edited:

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
man....i need some 1uz mounts too.... No one will build the ones off 1uzsupra.com for me.....

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
designing all these parts and you dont even give me a call?....

might come out tomorrow night actually and stop by duhig, feel like machining?
and your welder is all setup and shit right?

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
The act pressure plate came in today.....

Rennat;1438367 said:
designing all these parts and you dont even give me a call?....

might come out tomorrow night actually and stop by duhig, feel like machining?
and your welder is all setup and shit right?

Ummmm errr.... you were supposed to be over here last monday remember?
But anyway, I've barely had enough machine time to make my parts right now. So if you need anything machined you'll probably need to wait till I'm done with the 1uz swap.

RedPhoenix;1438690 said:
sweet man good luck!

thanks! you're the same red pheonix as on lextreme.com correct?

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
if you didnt have every CNC machine that i could think of, i would question the elongated bolt holes... but i still do question it... especially with what i know your planning.