June 14 or 20th Meet Chime in All

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
JUNE 14 2009 BATTLE OF THE IMPORTS!!!

Battle of the Imports. A great way to show the Brand and enjoy a day of watching others race. There will also be a car show. Lets get those Supras up and running !!!

Looks like an easy shot up from Richmond on 301 or 95 to 301, for those coming from the South. There are also some good staging points for a cruise to the track, one being Crain Memorial Park.

Keep in mind that the reason I feel something like this will be easier and better is 2 fold.

1) I have seen numerous attempts this Spring at several Regions failing to get a Meet together, other than the Philly Group and thumbs up to them. Some sounded excellent, but all relied on one or two individuals to set it all up. If we use an exsisting Event to cruise to then we get the Food, Entertainment and comradere w/o all the pre planning problems.
Granted there is an Admission fee of $20 per person.

2) We need to start showing up at some of these events in numbers. If we can it will promote the Supra and raise awareness for both the end buyer and the aftermarket suppliers. It is after all ok to promote the car we have come to love for whatever reason we each have. Hell even the MG clubs show up in larger numbers at many events than we do.

So with that being said here is the agenda.

Lodging or Camping on the night before the event. Motel or camp sites to be set up by individuals.

Event opens @ 10 am, we do not HAVE to be there that early, so a staging point at Crain Memorial Park between 10am and 11am will work out well.

Here is the link to the event. I will make arrangements with MIR to see that we could all come in together and park side by side.

http://www.mirdrag.com/v2/schedule/calendar/2009/09-06/09-06-14.htm

Directions::
http://www.mirdrag.com/v2/directions/

Staging Area ::
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&i...&split=1&gl=us&cid=8379899765893728217&li=lmd

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&i...664,-76.960076&spn=0.004021,0.009613&t=h&z=17

PLEASE MAKE PLANS TO GET TO THE STAGING AREA BETWEEN 10AM and 11AM.
CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE FOR THE ADDRESS OF STAGING AREA !!

From there we will cruise to the Event. MIR has informed me that as long as we enter as a group we will be parked side by side.

Thanks

List of those going..

1) davismj711
2) sounslikesemi87
3) applesauce
4) 7thousandpiecesMGTE
5) Sprigmo1
6) Chambers
7) Supra1008 (Pending HG Repair)
8) j3pz
9) Sethron71
10) SWD Fredester 3
11) ForceFedSupra
12) uask4it
13) GT45R Supra
14) Justin 94TT
15) SilverBullet
16) BlackBenz
17) Revision
18) SupraWoman98T
19) SupraGirl93
20) Sins4u33
21) JRock637
22) 1320ms
23) Jon98TT
24) Turbomatt
25) Bradssupra
26) supratheo
27) scott60999
28) t-dogg
29) franksupra
30) jefferino
31) medic91x
32) akito
33) nytefire

On list but Supraless, or racing at event. ( For a semi accurate Supra count )

scott60999
supratheo
SWDFredster 3
Applesauce
Blackbenzz
t-dogg
jefferino
7thousandpiecesMGTE
Sins4u33 (Racing)
SuprGirl93 (Racing)

Last edited:

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
soundslikesemi87;1322288 said:
If I can get that day off, I'll be there.
I'll be in his car...

Yes you are right though. We can use this as a meet for our meet if eveyone shows up we should have some good numbers. I tally up 9 or 10 from my area alone.

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Apple I thought that by that time your Sup would be up and running, hope it works out that way.

Please remember to indicate which event you think you would like to attend.

I will be posting this in the Northeast Section also. I know they have a meet on May 24th, in Philly, but I would guess a few may attend.

Davismj711;1323096 said:
Apple I thought that by that time your Sup would be up and running, hope it works out that way.

I will be posting this in the Northeast Section also. I know they have a meet on May 24th, in Philly, but I would guess a few may attend.

He's selling his poop...He's sorry:nono:

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
7thousandpiecesMGTE;1323466 said:
I'm in for either, maybe even both dates. There has to be more supra owners in Maryland where the hell are they????
Thers alot of Sup's in Maryland I hope they show up also...

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
7thousandpiecesMGTE;1323466 said:
I'm in for either, maybe even both dates. There has to be more supra owners in Maryland where the hell are they????

Davismj711;1323096 said:

Im down for what ever date the fellas are down for since im riding w/ one of them LOL! Glenn:biglaugh: If it was later in the summer then maybe..... Im sure come our meet down here in Sept I'll be driving my own car.

And YES!!! im selling my:3d_frown: car and all my parts... maybe not all of them:naughty: i'll never be out of the Supra game.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
7thousandpiecesMGTE;1323491 said:
Is there another forum we should post this on? This is the only one I'm a member of, maybe I should get on a local forum or supra forums...
Im not sure about that, but i've seen alot of Maryland supra's on there profiles.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Davismj711;1323688 said:
I will get a running list of all attending up tomorrow. We all still need to decide on the day.
Both events should be good. But many may prefer a Sunday, and an event that is leaning a bit more towards our market like Hot Import Nights..

Yep, im down for June 14th meet... Right Glenn?

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Davismj711;1324038 said:
Ok I think we go with the 14th Battle of the Imports.

I will change first post accordingly.

We need to start Pm ing our friends to let them know about this !!

I should see most of the guys around here on Sat.

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
I have messaged all I know and some I do not ^^

Also listed in the Northeast Section of Supramania and Supra Forums.

I have made my lodging reservations so I will meet up with whoever makes it to Crain Memorial Park @ 10am to 11am on Sunday the 14th.

If we manage to get more than 10 going I will call MIR to make arrangements for side by side parking.

Cheers