JT2MA71's Build. Dyno video on post # 1191

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
thats some clean work sir. How big is that oil tank? ::edit::: 2 gal, this build has been going on forever i had already forgot about the first 20 pages.

I wonder if Toyota's engineers ever fathomed any of this being done to their little supra / jz series designs.

Last edited:

alliance_lehew

YOUNG GUN.
May 17, 2007
eglin afb, f.l.
good god all mighty ! ! ! Iam all excited about changing all my gaskets, radiator, and what ever else is broken in my mkiii turbo, but you allready got the know how, a ton of parts, and a nice sized garage, all I got is a haynes manual from advanced auto, and a drive way. jest to let you know how lucky you are and how amazing your car is.

Alliance L.

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
Thanks!!!

Here's what Nate welded for me. It's one of the lower IC brackets :)
463369_181_full.jpg

I modified a Z shift knob I got from my brother. It sits lower than the stock one. I drilled and tapped it :bigthumb:
463369_180_full.jpg

463369_183_full.jpg

A view from under the car.
463369_182_full.jpg

Last edited:

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Sick!!! Nice welding Nate :)

I'm really loving all those toggle switches in place of the tems switches and ash tray, very clean, adds to the whole fighter jet look you've got going on :D

Looks like you're not too far from completion! If you're handing out invites to the start up party, let me know, I'll bring something for the crew ;)

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
joliroger4 said:
Ditto...I can weld aluminum but they don't look nearly as nice. I don't know if its my machine, the settings I set or me. The machine is a Thermal Arc 185TSW.

My best looking welds I did with a 300tsw. Maybe the 185 is not getting hot enough. what gas are you using? have you tried argon/helium mix?

185 should be plenty though

Last edited:

joliroger4

Flying Dutchman Pilot
Apr 4, 2005
New Jersey
www.geocities.com
I've been running straight argon with a green tungsten for aluminum. The machine seems to get plenty hot, hot enough where I have never really thought I needed to run it much over 100amps, but I haven't welded much thicker than 1/8" aluminum.

Do you run argon/helium? What kind of amperage and frequency do you typically run for something like 1/16" thick aluminum? Sorry to jack the thread, but its hard not to after seeing the quality of welding you are capable of. I am 99% sure the problems relate to me/my settings, not the machine.