jdm throttle body or usdm?

suprafreak65

Sep 18, 2009
florida
Hello again! its been a while since I posted a help question on here so bare with me.
I've just recently bought an 87 Turbo! yes I finally got a Turbo. after 5 years of driving the N/A I wanted something more. so I got an 87 Turbo for $750 hella deal.

so the catch was the Guy ordered a jdm engine and tried to put it in but ran out of money or couldn't figure it out. well I dont know how to hook this throttle linkage up. having difficulties trying to find out if the throttle body is jdm or the throttle bracket is.

the throttle body takes a cable but the bracket takes a straight linkage. I'm not sure if the bracket came with the motor or car.

I tried searching guys I understand the usdm and jdm tbs are different.
my problems is trying to find out if they bracket is Usdm or jdm and if the tb is usdm or jdm.

the throttle body takes a cable setup it has one vacuum line and one larger PCV line? I think that's what it goes to.
the bracket takes the cable from the firewall but it has a hard line mount. I have the hard line but there's no way to connect it to the tb.
I'm frustrated

I would appreciate it if anyone could provide me the answer or tell me what they have done if they had the same problem.

sorry for not posting pics my computer is down and im on my phone. I got work 7am to 11am tomorrow so I saw this as an oppurtunity to get something done to the car afterwards.

oh and while I'm here I have another question. I understand how a lot of people say its bad to run the usdm ecu with egr delete. while others say they're doing it with no problems. well I don't have any egr components so I can't put it back on. is there a way to modify the ecu to accept egr delete. I've heard things like stick a 100ohm resistor to R606 and it should be alright.

does this work on GTE ecu's? if so should I do it?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Why not just use the long block, since there isn't a differnce, and there isn't a "JDM" spec of any sort. The difference is EGR and lack of NOx control. Just put your US controls on the long block and it will work.

suprafreak65

Sep 18, 2009
florida
the throttle body and the the throttle cable bracket doesn't match up tho. I'm just trying to figure out which one is jdm because Im 100% it is a jdm motor. the Guy i bought it from only installed the motor in the car and nothing else.
I put my own wiring harness and ecu in there
retorqued the head. and everything's good to go except the intercooler piping and I gotta figure out some way to hook up the bracket to the throttle body. the bracket on the side of the motor routing the cruise control throttle extra
this has a pop on hard line that runs to the throttle body. but the it can't go on since the throttle body on takes a cable. ill upload some pics as soon as I figure out how to on my phone.IMG_20121115_134021.jpg

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yes, the throttle body is a JDM one, you'll need a USDM one to link to that throttle linkage or you have to replace the throttle cable.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
That throttle body appears to be for AT vehicle. That would be the linkage for the throttle pressure cable. It seems to be missing the link plate for the actual throttle linkage.

suprafreak65

Sep 18, 2009
florida
I didn't mean the motor. my bad I was talking about the different throttle bodies and configurations of linkages between the ones sold in US vs japan