Jarco Rebuilt Engine

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
So has anybody got a rebuilt motor from them?I know that there good sellers but do they put a motor together nicely?Or shouls I go the path of getting my motor rebuilt at a shop or should I do it myself.I have rebuilt motors in the past but never on my own car that I'm dumping money into.Let me get a much imput as possible.

Thank you,
SM

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
I would go with my own builder / shop that I already know dose a great job. But then again I don't trust to many people.

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
Never dealt with Jarco, don't know much about them. Jasper has a really good rep, and a good warranty (P&L) on their remans, but they're a little pricey. I got my reman through ATK, seems like good work and a very good warranty, 3 years unlimited miles P&L.

I was going to have mine rebuilt, but found that the people/shops in my area who I trusted to do the work didn't want to on a 7M, and the people/shops who were willing to do the work weren't trustworthy. So I went with a reman.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
Thanks for the imput guys.Keep it coming.The only other thing I want to know is if I rebuild it at a shop what would the ball park figure be to rebuild the bottom end,balance crank,check head,clean head,adjust valves(if needed),and deck the head and block as needed for new hg(not metal)?

I know the pricing id diffrent at every shop and it also depends on how much work needs to be done.As of right now I have a heathy running 7M

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
In a way, I guess I can be a reference for Jarco.
I have NOT purchased an engine from them, but because I have purchased a number of items from them in the past, I asked them who they recommended I use to machine my motor. The gave me the name of the shop they use in Canton, GA. Those guys told me that Jarco sends them alot of 7m's for rebuild, so that at least they are familiar with them,
and I had that shop do the boring/honing, and head/block prep for a MHG. No complaints from me. Not that this means a hill of beans about Jarco's JDM motors that come to you straight from a clip, but I like their operation(or what I experienced of it).
PS- I read some of their Ebay feedback- of 7500+ transactions(~97.5%), there were 5 negatives, and I found 4 of them. One was for a guy who complained that a part didn't fit his car, but he admitted that his wasn't the car that the part was advertised to fit. The others, however were all about JDM wheels that were either scuffed worse than advertised, or bent. So I guess that could be questionable.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
To rebuild your long block to stock specs by a reputable local shop would be a better motor than buying a reman. The reman will only have what is absolutly needed replaced, and it will be built according to their opinion of how a 7mgte should be built. . A good speed shop will take the time to blueprint everthing and build it correctly, often to your own specs.

But I would choose Jasper over Jarco any day for a reman.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
tbcmorris;1269518 said:
Good input shaeff, that would settle this discusion if it were me....

and it did.

suprarich;1269531 said:
To rebuild your long block to stock specs by a reputable local shop would be a better motor than buying a reman. The reman will only have what is absolutly needed replaced, and it will be built according to their opinion of how a 7mgte should be built. . A good speed shop will take the time to blueprint everthing and build it correctly, often to your own specs.

But I would choose Jasper over Jarco any day for a reman.

I have heard from some one with a 7M who got there motor from jasper that they did not like the work.I'm not going with any of them.

honestabe;1269552 said:
Why not Kaizen Motorsports or Driftmotion? They've been rebuilding 7M's, 1J's, and 2J's for years. And we all know their reputation.

Do they do it them selfs or do they send it out?At that I might as well just get it done some were around here.

anybody know of any good machine shop around here?

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Thanks Abe, but we're honestly not building 7m's anymore. We still support 7m engines and have lots of parts for them, and I have respect for the people who stick with them, I just don't want to build them anymore.

At this point if I had a customer who really wanted to get a 7m, I would have Jose at Kaisen build it.

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
I'll jump in as I know first hand not to go with JARCO.
I'm glad shaeff pointed that out for you, and I'm glad it stopped you from going with JARCO. The links shaeff posted are just the currant problems with their work done to this engine.

If you look through my build, you will also see that right off the bat after the first start up, the engine had rod-knock from improperly done bearings/ crank. JARCO did fix the bearing problem as it was under warranty.

Going with JARCO was the worse decision I've made with this car. And I will be getting a new engine as soon as I can. BTW I only have just shy of 2000 miles on this engine and I have had it for right at 3 years :3d_frown: all due to JARCOs fuck ups.

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
bigaaron;1269565 said:
Thanks Abe, but we're honestly not building 7m's anymore. We still support 7m engines and have lots of parts for them, and I have respect for the people who stick with them, I just don't want to build them anymore.

At this point if I had a customer who really wanted to get a 7m, I would have Jose at Kaisen build it.

Thanks Aaron.

MK3.0dudeman;1269322 said:
So has anybody got a rebuilt motor from them?I know that there good sellers but do they put a motor together nicely?Or shouls I go the path of getting my motor rebuilt at a shop or should I do it myself.I have rebuilt motors in the past but never on my own car that I'm dumping money into.Let me get a much imput as possible.

Thank you,
SM

Send us an Email or PM, I will get you a quote for the rebuild.