Jake's mkIII V8 killer

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
I have been tossing a few ideas around with my car... I would like to see what all of you think that are keeping up on my thread.

First idea~
Solid motor mounts

Second Idea~
E85

Third idea~
Using a 7mGE intake manifold (you know the Y looking one) I have one laying around

Thanks for looking and the comments.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Idea #1 Good if running high HP #'s, but you will feel everything

Idea #2 Good Idea since you are in the land of corn. The problem is $$$$ Getting the Stand alone set up and dyno tuned in. Maybe ask Figgie.

Idea #3 Umm..... NO. Pick up a FFIM and call it done ;)

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
E85

what do you want to know about it? :)

But here is something if you want to run e85 100% of the time.

Upgrade the injectors to the 550cc/min but DO NOT upgrade to the bigger AFM housing.

Insta-E85 on the supra.

NOW THE CAUTIONARY NOTES!!!

More than likely the stock system will not flow very well in the long run with e85. Not that it is not capable but because of age and wear. So you will want to address the fuel pump at the least.

The lines. Can gamble and see what happens long term.

The fueling, Upgrading the injectors only will increase fueling by 30% roughly. Which happens to be the magic number that you need to increase fueling by to achieve a good mix with E85. The o2 system has a 15% give or take (hence why the 10% stuff works fine even in our old cars) authority so it should bring the fine tuning into the picture without any piggy backs.

The biggest draw back is that now you cut the max power output of the motor by about 30% also. So on 550 you are looking at mid 400+ ponies with gasoline. On e85 you are looking at low 400's if not lower.

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
figgie;1239807 said:
E85

what do you want to know about it? :)

But here is something if you want to run e85 100% of the time.

Upgrade the injectors to the 550cc/min but DO NOT upgrade to the bigger AFM housing.

Insta-E85 on the supra.

NOW THE CAUTIONARY NOTES!!!

More than likely the stock system will not flow very well in the long run with e85. Not that it is not capable but because of age and wear. So you will want to address the fuel pump at the least.

The lines. Can gamble and see what happens long term.

The fueling, Upgrading the injectors only will increase fueling by 30% roughly. Which happens to be the magic number that you need to increase fueling by to achieve a good mix with E85. The o2 system has a 15% give or take (hence why the 10% stuff works fine even in our old cars) authority so it should bring the fine tuning into the picture without any piggy backs.

The biggest draw back is that now you cut the max power output of the motor by about 30% also. So on 550 you are looking at mid 400+ ponies with gasoline. On e85 you are looking at low 400's if not lower.

Thanks for the insite. So far I have a Mafpro for my fuel management (speed density style). I am going to be using dual Walbro 255 fuel pumps... i know a bit over kill but just because i can. 8 AN fuel line from the tank. have you heard anything about walbro's and ethanol how they hold up?

I am going through my engine re-working it all. loosing the ct and going to a BOSS series turbo. LIPP elbow, figuring out the exhaust from there. 2.5" intercooler pipes, and anything else i may need.

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
WOW! Sorry I have not posted many updates. I have been house shopping and not working on my car too much.

I also think that I might have put a hold on my car til mid summer because i might have bought a house yesterday... uff da!

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Jake, Supra on hold til mid summer is unacceptable. Update this thread and let us know where you are at in your build ;)

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
So yes thank you David... the house did not work out. My motor is at the machine shop. Got a call on Friday they are setting my valve clearances now. The block was getting ready to go together a few weeks ago. I put in a order at Suprasport.com for injectors, ic piping, intercooler, and a few gauges.

I also got my audio system installed and hitting hard. not much else i can really do til i get my motor back.

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
STILL waiting on my motor... hopefully this week! I got the barn all cleaned out so i have a place to work. Trying to figure in my head what parts i am going need to order yet that i dont have already.

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
Sand blasted some of the engine parts. I would like to call it redneck wind chimes. They all got a coat of semi gloss black high temp paint.

p1319096_1.jpg

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
Yeah yeah yeah with the updates... Who has time for those when you are working on a car. Well i finally got my motor back a week ago. Hopefully bolting the tranny up tomorrow and dropping it in. I have a crap load of pictures on my camera out in the shop. This weekend I will hopefully have a good post with pictures included.

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
And the motor is sitting in the car now. I will hopefully have it running this weekend some time provided Jack got me the right AN fittings for my oil cooler and my fuel lines.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
scubajtw;1347045 said:
I will hopefully have it running this weekend some time provided Jack got me the right AN fittings for my oil cooler and my fuel lines.

Hopefully is thecorrect word there ;) I sent Jack a list of fittings, cooler, relocation kit, and lines with part numbers well over 2 months ago and I still haven't heard back from him :( o-well i will just order it from summit.