Its that time again... the next F&F, with a new feel it seems

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
The GF sent this to me via FB. I had no idea the plot would be like this, and even less of an idea it would look so freaking awesome :evil2::evil2::evil2: Most of the FF movies have been cheesy in their own way but this one just looks sweet based on this trailer:

[video=youtube;uSDNZeRX_1Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSDNZeRX_1Y[/video]

Who's going to see it? Don't lie lol

Scott 88-1JZ

Dec 9, 2007
California
I will watch it, But unfortunately they keep going away from the import culture and trying to make it more of action chase, cops and robbers film.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Scott 88-1JZ;1650942 said:
I will watch it, But unfortunately they keep going away from the import culture and trying to make it more of action chase, cops and robbers film.

Probably a good thing since honestly I think the F&F movies have given car guys bad names (not to mention starting terrible trends)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1650965 said:
Probably a good thing since honestly I think the F&F movies have given car guys bad names (not to mention starting terrible trends)

AGREED!

I liked the last one well enough, but I do have to point out that they (the various government entities portrayed in the movies) keep REHIRING Brian for some retarded reason... It's like "ok, he fooled us once and let Toretto go, he won't do *that* again, right?" Second movie, does the same crap. Third movie who knows what his character was up to (I guess working for FBI or whoever he was with in F&F4), and he completely turns his back on them AGAIN. Fool me once, but three times? :nono:

That, and in one of the trailer parts it shows them dragging a SAFE down the road. Has anyone tried to drag anything without wheels with machinery? Used to be part of my job at Home Depot, needless to say, awkwardly shaped/weighted things NEVER cooperate with your intentions. Not to mention a safe/vault like that one would likely weigh about 10x what one of their cars weighed...

Maybe I've just lost my appreciation for escapist movies?

89nasupra

Sugar, Water, Purple
Apr 8, 2008
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
i will see it and buy the DVD to add to my collection of FNF movies. Funny how everyone says how much they hate the movies yet we could start a thread on one liners and have over 100 pages. I think all you guys are hateing on the movie because they don't have enough mkiii's in them. If they made one with a mkiii's as the lead car all you would be there in your cars to watch it. no one in our towns would know that many mkiii's were still around..........lol

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
I'm looking for to the movie due to the simply fact it's one of the rare car movies out there. I don't really see anyone else doing much better. I haven't seen the trailer yet because my internet is garbage, but I'd give my left nut to see another MKIV Supra that is wingless in a clean dark paint color driven by Paul Walker. (Wishful thinking, I know it's not going to happen)

The first three movies made me want to silt my own wrist though (down the street, not across the road). The first two were especially cheesy, and then the horrible duet of Lucas Black and Bow Wow ruined the third one for me. "Don't touch him ladies, he's underage but w/ a receding hair line and five o' clock shadow" I mean come on, wtf?

The fourth one at least did things so so. I had no major complaints, and I'm actually glad they got away from import culture somewhat because they make us look like a bunch of retards.

Scott 88-1JZ

Dec 9, 2007
California
1988ma70supra;1651008 said:
Id watch that. I am kind of curious as how they bring Han back. Didn't he die back in Tokyo when the RX-7 blew?

Yah he did. But I think this pre dates it at least that was what the yahoo blurb about it said.

I wonder if they used an MKIII as the lead car if it would bring the value up on them like the MKIV lol... I hated the first one for that reason. I could have bought a TT MKIV pre F&F for 15k. Now they are usually twice that for a good specimen.

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
Scott 88-1JZ;1651019 said:
Yah he did. But I think this pre dates it at least that was what the yahoo blurb about it said.

I wonder if they used an MKIII as the lead car if it would bring the value up on them like the MKIV lol... I hated the first one for that reason. I could have bought a TT MKIV pre F&F for 15k. Now they are usually twice that for a good specimen.

A MKIII as a lead? Yeah, it would be nice to finally get some exposure for our cars... maybe that would also lead to more avaibility of parts and then inflate the prices.

It's pretty much whatever though, because sometimes it's nice to have a car that's completely forgotten about.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Hmm... lessee here... probably awful dialog / acting / story. On the other hand, hot cars, hot girls, hot stunts, and knowing these guys big crashes and explosions.

I'm in.

Furthermore, I've seen the first 4, I'm already too far invested to back out now!

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
1988ma70supra;1651008 said:
Id watch that. I am kind of curious as how they bring Han back. Didn't he die back in Tokyo when the RX-7 blew?

They brought Han back in the 4th, which was a prequal to the 3rd. I'm guessing this one happens in between the two.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
GrimJack;1651053 said:
Hmm... lessee here... probably awful dialog / acting / story. On the other hand, hot cars, hot girls, hot stunts, and knowing these guys big crashes and explosions.
!

Lol! I text Gaboon last night and basically said the same reasons. Im not expecting much in the way of anything believable (like someone mentioned the safe scene) or a good plot but I'd go for the reasons mentioned above.