is this cool or gay? fiberglass headlight naca vent

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Good thought, and at least you're trying to make your own. Kudos for that.

In all honesty, if you've got an open filter element, you'd be much better off making a proper heat shield to stop the heat from the exhaust manifold from entering the intake. It's funny having more than one project car. On the BMW forums, all the guys are absolutely crazy about heat shields on their intakes, and I never see that here. It is a good idea, IMO.

jackieboy

Dec 6, 2009
brisbane
rodel;1567491 said:
well i think your vent on the hood is gay too lol jks its mad

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

rodel;1567491 said:

RazoE;1567495 said:
looks gay, and I don't even think air flows through the filter from there...

recessed, it looks okay, but not raised..

yeah it does mate. i know stop flaming me guys im hurt lol nah jks all good just let me finish it off and ill make another inwards on in the future . funny some things looks good when its not attached ...

jackieboy

Dec 6, 2009
brisbane
instead of getting a pod, im thinking of just bolting my high flow to the plastic intake.and leave the front end of the air box out. think that is a good idea?
attachment.php

jackieboy

Dec 6, 2009
brisbane
trust me it is normal duct just sucks air from under the car it doesnt get pushed in. im hoping this will give it a push or at least cool the engine

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

SupraMario;1567628 said:
Props for trying to make your own stuff, but it doesn't look functional at all...

y is 2jz a gundam lol? does the strike gundam run off 2jz?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
jackieboy;1567664 said:
trust me it is normal duct just sucks air from under the car it doesnt get pushed in. im hoping this will give it a push or at least cool the engine

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

y is 2jz a gundam lol? does the strike gundam run off 2jz?

Was a joke, I took the signature from one of the 1jz guys (forgot who) and put 2jz as the best of everything, so I made it a gundam.

Athena

Rawr
Jun 22, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Rawr!
XD
Sorry, I say back to the drawing board. like others have said, kudos on the effort. Keep it going. More into the planning stage though.
Good luck

Athena

Rawr
Jun 22, 2009
Raleigh, NC
real "well"
If hope it sells and you can make some $$$

Onto your filter though, I'll need some kind of comparison to prove this statement, else its just not believable.

jackieboy

Dec 6, 2009
brisbane
itll still be sucking air from that little hole, yes maybe it will be sucking hot air if its still.
The restriction is the way the back plate on the stock airbox flows IMHO, i dont know what you mean. can you explain it more? yeah good find, but i think the way it shows the rivets makes it look shiittt and that naca isnt great looking ether. for a mk3 supra it needs to do way more chopping up the headlight structure. ill be picking up the paint in 1 hour. ill see how it goes . should i paint the aluminum plate in the vent aswell? or leave it

this is useful but http://www.revlimiter.net/mods/coldside_isolator.php

Last edited: