is this a good price on a turbo?

ilikebigbutts

workin' my dream
Jun 10, 2007
Pittsburgh
60-1 upgraded ct26 with 1500 miles on it very minimal shaft play.he is asking 400 bux but i think i can talk him down to atleast 350...good deal?

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
As far as price goes that's reasonable but if that turbo isn't in mint condition I would walk away. To me it would be worth the few hundred more to have piece of mind that my turbo is fresh.

Some good questions would be who rebuilt it and what boost it was run at.

ilikebigbutts

workin' my dream
Jun 10, 2007
Pittsburgh
Sawbladz said:
As far as price goes that's reasonable but if that turbo isn't in mint condition I would walk away. To me it would be worth the few hundred more to have piece of mind that my turbo is fresh.

Some good questions would be who rebuilt it and what boost it was run at.

well it was run on an mr2 and he could barely get it to spool thats why he is selling it...i'm gonna try and find out who built it...

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
uhhh...is it a Supra CT or a MR2 CT? I don't know much about MR2's but I thought our turbo's were different from theirs.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
How did he mount a Supra CT to an MR2?

Im with Brent, my days of CTs are over... Im quite happy with the T4 options out there, so many, oh so many...

As for buying a USED CT, forget it... A year or two ago, I bought a used 60-1 from someone, minimal shaft play, blah blah blah, the guy was a reputible member, so i thought, three weeks after I got it, on only 16 psi, it started shooting smoke out the ass... Seals were gone... Most guys that push 60-1 CTs boost the shit out of them... I didnt go past 16psi, because i was on a stock auto tranny... It sucked, for $400 I got to use a turbo for 3 weeks...

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
It was a trick question, I know how its done, I wanted to see if he did... Also wanted to make sure that he knows what he's getting... There is method to my madness sometimes... ;)

Twigger

Ahhh Yeah!!
Mar 30, 2005
OlyWA
Bad deal, get yours rebuilt and upgraded for $475 at PT. But depending on your goals chances are the 60-1 is more turbo than you need to make them. Buying used turbos is a bad idea because a turbo can hide damage quite well. Do it the right way and get yours rebuilt.

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
Every Turbo I have ever sold had less than 3k on t nad also had a 10 month warranty. That said watch whom you buy from. I have a GT4088 out of warranty used for 6 months with about 5k miles on it sitting on the floor, because I came acroos a GT4067R for 1100.00 new. The guy was at a few meets, and lives 10 miles away so I went and saw it in the original box, and inspected it saw it was really new, and ran like hell after paying for it. lol NO BACKSIE'S LOL