Invidia RS-R 3inch Exhaust (56k warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
Ok so I managed to get my hands on a 3" Invidia RS-R exhaust for a very good price. The price was so good in fact that I didnt even have the time to see if it bolts up correctly and just snapped it up as others wanted to buy it as well.(it used to be on a 7m though)

I pulled off my stock exhaust system(major PITA if you dont have a lift) and tried to bolt on my Invidia but the downpipe bolt holes dont line up to the stock turbo elbow bolt holes at all even though the downpipe opening is 2.5 inch

Downpipe Flange :

p1813058_1.jpg

p1813058_2.jpg

p1813058_3.jpg

What are my options? Isnt there a universal flange or would i need to go through the trouble of cutting of the stock exhaust flange and welding it to my new downpipe?

Last edited:

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
aloshan said:
I know its difficult to answer this question without actually seeing the exhaust downpipe flange(im sure you all know what a stock turbo elbow looks like on a 7m), il post pics as soon as I can.

More like impossible to answer/help out. Pics are 100% required for anyone to help you. Detailed pics of your stock downpipe, as well as the new one will be needed.

or in another way

:ttiwwp:

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
toyotanos;1813143 said:
More like impossible to answer/help out. Pics are 100% required for anyone to help you. Detailed pics of your stock downpipe, as well as the new one will be needed.

or in another way

:ttiwwp:

yup , sorry , will post up pics as soon as I get home.

SaltyMKIII

the dude abides
Mar 30, 2010
Queens, New York
well the stock elbo flange is a circ with 3 studs 120 deg apart if your new down pipe fits with in the 3 studs and there is a few mm to fit the nuts on cant you mark your new flange and drill it or if theyre a little off use a dremal with a metal cutting bit to make the holes line up. would that work

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
SaltyMKIII;1813152 said:
well the stock elbo flange is a circ with 3 studs 120 deg apart if your new down pipe fits with in the 3 studs and there is a few mm to fit the nuts on cant you mark your new flange and drill it or if theyre a little off use a dremal with a metal cutting bit to make the holes line up. would that work

no they are way off. is the stock 2.5 inch ? the downpipe seems to be 2.5inch. Isnt there a universal flange or would i need to go through the trouble of cutting of the stock exhaust flange and welding it to my new downpipe?

will get pics asap

Last edited:

tyang82

May 12, 2011
Milwaukee
Dude if its a 3 inch exhaust, of course it ain't gonna work trying to get it on a stock dp.

Ps, I thought you don't like bolt on parts?

SaltyMKIII

the dude abides
Mar 30, 2010
Queens, New York
it might be better to get a 3in elbo for your turbo i know they sell them, or if you can weld make your own... you can get the flanges for the CT26, the O2 sensor and for the 3in dp... i wouldnt advise welding the dp to the turbo eblo most likely the dp is stainless and the elbo is cast iron... and cast iron is doesnt like to be welded... but if its cast steel then it can be welded. its up to you..

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
tyang82;1813176 said:
Dude if its a 3 inch exhaust, of course it ain't gonna work trying to get it on a stock dp.

Ps, I thought you don't like bolt on parts?

i LOVE bolt on parts , just that the term is used VERY loosely and im not tryna get it on a stock downpipe , i have the 3inch downpipe that came with the RS-R exhaust , i was trying to get it onto the turbo elbow(which granted, was equally stupid)

SaltyMKIII;1813177 said:
it might be better to get a 3in elbo for your turbo i know they sell them, or if you can weld make your own... you can get the flanges for the CT26, the O2 sensor and for the 3in dp... i wouldnt advise welding the dp to the turbo eblo most likely the dp is stainless and the elbo is cast iron... and cast iron is doesnt like to be welded... but if its cast steel then it can be welded. its up to you..

yes they sell them , this is what I was thinking ...however I wanted to know if my 3inch downpipe will fit this 3inch turbo elbow , and as said above , this question is pretty useless if you guys dont know what the new downpipe flange looks like.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/31037326...sid=p3984.m1438.l2649&clk_rvr_id=321445324848

Once i get home il post up the pic asap to see if this will mate up to the 3inch downpipe

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
I have the almost the same exhaust with the same info sticker. I run a 3'' downpipe, but the exhaust bolted right to my factory cat. I think a trip to the exhaust shot is in order. My Invidia is all stainless to the cat....yours looks painted?

Ashtonexhaust.jpg

cwd

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
JZ flange.

You are not going to get that onto the stock 7M elbow.

You will have to make a custom piece to go from your elbow to the exhaust. That is the CHEAPEST way.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
aloshan;1813719 said:
ok...so theres nothing I can do short of cutting the flange of my old downpipe and welding it to this one?

Have you determined if it even lines up correctly, if its a 1JZ one like has been advised then it wont even line up to your turbo and you will have to do a bit more than just change the flange

you did say it was fitted on a 7M in your original post, what car was it in at the time?

Also, you posted a picture of a part number, did you at least try doing a google search on that part number to try and get more info?

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
got the exhaust all setup , took some time as it was not bolt on at all and just a matter of swapping the flanges,it simply wasn't long enough. Had to weld an extra length of pipe , completely custom to connect to the turbo elbow.

p1814827_1.jpg

p1814827_2.jpg

p1814827_3.jpg

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
And the reason you had to weld an extra section on is because it was a 1JZ downpipe just like someone on here told you but you chose not to pay attention as usual <rolls eyes>

Status
Not open for further replies.