Intake Manifold Question !!!:1zhelp: !!!

hey guys im new here and this is my first Supra, so i want to work on it myself as much as i can. and now i want to change the valve cover gasket cus its burning oil. But my big question is can anyone help me and either tell me or point to me to right direction on how remove the intake manifold?????? any help will be appreciated

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
When I did this I took off everything up to the throttle body, unbolted the throttle cable assembly and put it to one side and the same with the throttle body itself. I was able to remove the valve cover bolts and take them off.

There are a few brackets you also need to remove to get to them, also the spark plug leads may have a clip on one of the valve covers just move everything aside really.

thanks bro I'll try that tomorrow, ill let you know how it goes
ryansmith;1891421 said:
When I did this I took off everything up to the throttle body, unbolted the throttle cable assembly and put it to one side and the same with the throttle body itself. I was able to remove the valve cover bolts and take them off.

There are a few brackets you also need to remove to get to them, also the spark plug leads may have a clip on one of the valve covers just move everything aside really.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I just took out the six bolts that held the y pipe on, disconnected the two coolant lines to the throttle body, 3 vacuum lines, throttle cables (I can't remember if there's a fancy linkage like there is on the GTE, but if there is, that too) spark plug wires, and then have at the valve covers

pogoism9

1UZ for me!
May 18, 2007
fredericksburg, va
If its a GE, see above.
If its a GTE, you have to take the cover/coil packs off, throttle linkage, and undo the clamps then remove the 3000 pipe.