Installing a gt35r with stock ecu

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
Suprahero, when you built the A340e what parts did you use? I have a built a340e , semi built. I got the kickdown cable wide open for trans pressure, the IPT a340e kit, stock stall and stock valve body. So far its been workin fine (10,000+ miles at 300rhwp give or take), im about to install 550's in my car here soon and i got the DM57 turbo, and im curious to see how well my a340e likes it.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Fubar231;1454622 said:
Suprahero, when you built the A340e what parts did you use? I have a built a340e , semi built. I got the kickdown cable wide open for trans pressure, the IPT a340e kit, stock stall and stock valve body. So far its been workin fine (10,000+ miles at 300rhwp give or take), im about to install 550's in my car here soon and i got the DM57 turbo, and im curious to see how well my a340e likes it.

I bought the Ray Bestos blue kit from IPT and I also had them rebuild the valve body.

Did you guys that run an aftermarket turbo have to relocate your oil filter? I can't even get the manifold I bought to go on there. I'm looking at this relocation kit unless someone else has a better suggestion. I need to get this ordered as soon as possible. Thanks.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OIL-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item35a43ff7b3

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Fubar231;1454622 said:

:nono:

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
suprahero;1454638 said:
I bought the Ray Bestos blue kit from IPT and I also had them rebuild the valve body.

Did you guys that run an aftermarket turbo have to relocate your oil filter? I can't even get the manifold I bought to go on there. I'm looking at this relocation kit unless someone else has a better suggestion. I need to get this ordered as soon as possible. Thanks.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OIL-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item35a43ff7b3

stock manifold? shouldnt have to. I would since your already in there. It makes that upgrade easy then!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
a) It's NOT a kickdown cable....

b) Why would you want maximum line pressure at part throttle shifts and how could this possibly help anything?

c) The stock system gives 100% pressure at full throttle, exactly when it's needed....

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
grimreaper;1454650 said:
stock manifold? shouldnt have to. I would since your already in there. It makes that upgrade easy then!

You lost me grim. I'm using an aftermarket manifold with a t4 flange on it, but it won't go on with the stock oil filter flange on there. I've taken it off so that I can get my manifold on already. I'm going to order a relocation kit for the oil filter though. I don't know if I'll ever get my downpipe to go in there though. The turbo sits soo much farther back than I'm going to have to have a guy welc a downpipe one little triangle at a time. Probably going to cost more than the rest of the stuff combined.

Fubar.......listen to Ian. He is wiser and older. He also ran the A340 in his car with twice as much power as your friend has. Good luck.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
Interesting, haven't seen any new Auto builds lately. I'll be watching this one, since my Auto car will soon be back up.

With Lex AFM, you will find fuel cut to be ~17-18 psi depending on your SAFC settings.

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
suprahero;1454703 said:
Fubar.......listen to Ian. He is wiser and older. He also ran the A340 in his car with twice as much power as your friend has. Good luck.

I am. I was just simply showing him where i got my information and what i followed. Trust me, i listen to everything IJ/JDub/The Mods have to say. I bet theres a few guys on here that have had toyota's longer than ive been alive.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Will this kit here work for the relocation? It's a generic kit, but should work since nobody has any suggestions yet.

Robert, I'm not really that worried about the fuel cut since I don't think she'll need more than 15psi to make pretty close to 400rwhp.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Fubar231;1454718 said:
I am. I was just simply showing him where i got my information and what i followed. Trust me, i listen to everything IJ/JDub/The Mods have to say. I bet theres a few guys on here that have had toyota's longer than ive been alive.

I'm sure there are too. Anytime you see Ian poke fun at me, you don't have to listen to him then. Show him the err of his ways when he tries that.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Nice one jay, will this car also be making an appearance at the next TX event?

I am thinking that that auto should take some abuse, but I wouldn't take it over 500whp without being extra careful.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It won't see five hundred anytime soon unless I decide to install methanol at a later date. As of right now my goal for this car is only four hundred through the automatic which should make it very quick.

As for Texas, I'm not sure. I know I want to take mine, but I don't know if I can afford to take two of them. We'll see. Are you going to make it next year?

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
Im curious, what else is done to this car (support mods) to make it hit 400? Im aiming for 400 through my auto, and i feel like i should be there after installing my 550s and lex afm. Im on a 57trim turbo, and plan on running 15 psi daily too. I don't plan on taking it above 18 unless i get race gas either, but what is done to this car? I got apexi filter, spearco replica, 2.5 in hardpipes, 57trim ct26, 3" turbo back no cats, safc, i think thats about it power wise.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
We have almost the exact same setup. I have a gt35r which is supposedly close to a 61mm. I do know that it is an awesome turbo though since I had it on my 1jz. With the jz, I made 443rwhp @ 17psi through a manual, so I'm hoping the half liter will take up for what the auto eats.

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
suprahero;1454810 said:
We have almost the exact same setup. I have a gt35r which is supposedly close to a 61mm. I do know that it is an awesome turbo though since I had it on my 1jz. With the jz, I made 443rwhp @ 17psi through a manual, so I'm hoping the half liter will take up for what the auto eats.

Nice. I'd really like to see how the 2 motors compare with the same turbo @ the same boost level. Be interesting. Also, The GT35R is a little better of a turbo than a DM57 CT-26, mainly because its closer to a 61mm wheel, and its still not in the restrictive exhaust housing. We'll see, im just really curious to the difference with the CT-26 and the GT35R if were almost on the same setup.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
jay- you may look into a vpc. i've always loved the vpc/afc combo. these days you can pick up a used vpc for $200-250.

nothing wrong w/ the lex afm, but it does limit you to some degree. and for the price, i think it would be worth a look.

good luck w/ the project!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Thanks Dave. I don't know what that is that you mentioned, but I'm one of the best googler's in all of Alabama. I already have the Lexus AFM and 550's installed, but I'm always open to suggestions. Thanks again.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
suprahero;1454778 said:
It won't see five hundred anytime soon unless I decide to install methanol at a later date. As of right now my goal for this car is only four hundred through the automatic which should make it very quick.

As for Texas, I'm not sure. I know I want to take mine, but I don't know if I can afford to take two of them. We'll see. Are you going to make it next year?

Ahh, I see. You don't want your wife to beat you too badly with her newly acquired horsepower. I am planning on making it to TX, but I do not know about my car going down just yet, still need to figure out a few things for the build, and then get back to installing everything. If you need a hand getting that BEAUTIFUL white supra to TX, let me know. I might know a good driver that can assist in the transportation:naughty:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm not scared of losing to her or anyone else. She's beat me at the track twice and I'm sure she'll beat me with this setup if she can keep it in her lane. I'm suppose to receive a package today from driftmotion with most of the stuff I need for the turbo. I'm waiting on other parts from other people though but it's coming along slowly and surely. I'll try to get an update by this weekend once I get a chance to install some of the parts.

Mike, we don't know what we're taking to Texas this year, but I'll keep you in mind if we take both. I'm hoping to trailer mine this year since I now know that the R154 is capable of breaking at the track. I'd like to have a way to get it home in case I race this year which I do intend on doing. I may even race Vonda's, I don't know yet. Hopefully work will keep me busy this winter and I'll have the funds to make it over there in March.