Info and write up on oil and water lines...

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Im in that position to plumb my water and oil lines for the turbo... I know there are alot of you gus running DBB and/or oil & water cooled turbos... Im trying to figure out what fittings I need to go directly from the block for oil feed and the water neck for water... And what size fittings I need to attach to the turbo for the water... I already have my turbo's oil fittings, a 4AN for the feed and a 10AN for the drain... I've searched and found no write ups on this and people have tried explaining what I need, but if anyone would mind posting part numbers and diagrams and even pictures, I would really appreciate it... Im also looking for a write up on fuel lines to tap AN fittings directly to the fuel line... I want to dispose of all my "eye bolt" fittings...

Thanks guys...

Jake

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
Jake.

For the turbo oil drain you will need 2 X -10AN hose ends, a section of -10 AN hose, 2 X 1/2" NPT male to -10AN male, a stock oil return line, and a T4 drain flange with 1/2 " NPT threads.

To make the block fitting, take the stock turbo oil drain and cut the pipe off of it, leaving about an inch and a half on the flange. Run a 1/2" NPT tap into the pipe of the oil drain flange. Clean it up, apply a little gasket maker to one of your -10an to 1/2" NPT fittings, and screw the 1/2" NPT into the drain flange you just made as far as it will go.

Screw your other 1/2" NPT to 10AN into your drain flange, and mount to bottom of turbo. Always use a little gasket maker on aluminum NPT fittings, as it makes them much easier to seal. Then just figure up how long your line needs to be, cut it and put hose ends on it.

Usually the turbo feed line is pre assembled, so its not much of a problem. You need a 90 degree AN4 elbow for the feed line, and a (not sure on this) m12 to 4an fitting for the block.(ask MDC)

Water lines I really can't help you with... I would think the turbo side would be 3/8" NPT maybe.... you would need 90's.... Have no idea what the thermo housing is. I'm running an oil cooled only center turbo.

Fuel feed for the rail is something like m12 or m14 X1.25 I think, most go from that to -6AN. The feed and return are the same I believe.

Hope that helps a little, someone else fill in the blanks for me.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Thanks Gixx... I have the oil drain covered, got the Arizona Performance fittings, I just have to get the line...

The feed from the block is the one Im looking for now... On my previous set up, someone welded a 4AN male fitting to the loop tube that the eye bolt goes through... Its ugly, I want it gone... I want a fitting attached directy to the block and then a line to my turbo... I just dont know the thread pitch or size of that hole...

I also dont know the thread pitch and size of the water inlet/outlet on my turbo, or the ones on the water neck and return...

The fuel rail inlet and return are two different sizes... I know that much... I just dont know what sizes they are... On mine, the inlet and return were done the same was as the oil was done as I mentioned... 8AN welded to the inlet and a 6AN welded to the return... I would just like to get rid of them and do a direct feed...

I just cant believe with all these DBB and big T4 guys runnin around, no one has done a write up on this...

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
the oil feed is a m12x1.25. It is an odd ball size and is hard to find in a straight fitting. I used a earls 90 degree m12x1.25 to 6an then reduced to a 4an using a earls -4an x -6an reducing fitting. Cost was about 12 bucks.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Thanks guys, Im still looking all over for this info... As soon as we get something solid, I think it should all be comprised and put in the turbo tech section...

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Jake- the thread pitch for the oil feed on the block is 12x1.25-trust me on this one-I had to order mine (12x1.25 to -4) from Mazworx in orlando(straight fitting, no adaptor). For the water neck hole on the top of the water neck(by the cold start injector time switch), i just drilled and tapped for a 3/8's NPT fitting. I was having a hard time finding the size for that one. Sorry I couldnt really help with the water fittings, but I know for sure the oil feed size is correct. Hope that helps!

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
I couldn't find a m12X1.25 to -4an fitting, like above, all i could get was an m12X1.25 to -6an fitting and I didn't want to sue all the adapters.

So I cut off the banjo fitting from the stock feed line, welded on a -4an weld fitting and used that.

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
I don't remember the water lines but I got the thread pitch from someone on S/F. If S/F was up I could check. I used the thread pitch that was given to me, and went to aeroquip to get push lock fittings to attach to a -6 flared male fitting I inserted into the back of the water pump, and 4 each -6 flared male fittings were purchaesd in total. Two -6 flared male fittings in the turbo for in, and out feeds, and 2 -6 flared male fittings one fitting on the back of the water pump the other on the T stat housing. I had a metal 10" -6 pipe flared on one end to go the -6 flared fitting on the turbo side of the exhaust manifold since I am using -6 water line and fittings. I had that same 10" metal -6 pipe bent into a 90 degree right angle 3.5-4" long near the flared end to feed into the turbo on the exhaiust manifold side going into the turbo. The lenth of the metal pipe must clear the turbo compressor housing The other end I had a -6 male flared fitting braised on to that same -6 pipe. The flared fitting on the back of the water pump I attached a -6 90 ddegree push lock fitting, and attached it to the 90 degree -6 ha rd pipe that I made. I used the hard pipe on the manifold side to deal with the heat generated, and to the flared male end of that pipe I attached a straight -6 pushlock fitting. The other side of the water cartridege was a -6 flared fitting of which I used a 90 degree push lock fitting. I bought 5 feet of black pushlock hose, and cut it to the size that I needed for 2 hoses, and was looking good. A short piece was made to attach to the hard pipe flared end on the maniold side becasue making the hard pipe match up to the top feed directly would have been pain staking. All of my friends love the look.

Last edited:

NJsupraA70

Ex-Supra Owner
Sep 18, 2005
NJ
For the water feed/return here are the specs on the water outlet housing.

The feed on top is 1/4 bsp. I used a 1/4 npt to -6an fitting and it worked fine NO leaks. No need to tap it.

The Return fitting on the outlet neck next to the waterpump is M14x1.5.

Hope that helps.

Although mine was a loop this might give you an idea on how to feed to your turbo.
p546603_1.jpg

Last edited:

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Thanks guys... Here is a pic of the way Im trying to do my water lines... You can see where I wanna tap the neck for feed and return... BTW: anyone know the size and pitch of the water inlet/outlet on the chra of a GT40?

4i74krs.jpg

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
Reign_Maker said:
Thanks guys... Here is a pic of the way Im trying to do my water lines... You can see where I wanna tap the neck for feed and return... BTW: anyone know the size and pitch of the water inlet/outlet on the chra of a GT40?

4i74krs.jpg

I did it the opposite way and used a hard pipe on the side near the exhaust manifold. I used push lock fittings with no isssues.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
This is what I've found so far... The two (Earl's?) fittings I found on the turbo break down kit from SuckerStore... I dont know if they really fit the water inlet/outlet of my turbo, because I dont know if CHRA's have a universal size, and the water feed from neck may be a different location than the one I want to use... So if anyone can fill in the blanks?

Fitting sizes...

Oil feed from block: M12 X 1.25 (-4AN)

Water feed from neck: 9919DFG (Earl's)

Water return to neck: M14 X 1.5 (-6AN)

Turbo inlet/outlet water: 981666 (Earl's?)

Fuel rail inlet:

Fuel rail return:

Bwest, what is Hahn's link? I have found a few 12X1.5 4ANs, but have yet to find a 12X1.25...

joliroger4

Flying Dutchman Pilot
Apr 4, 2005
New Jersey
www.geocities.com

aljordan

LEADED FUEL ONLY
Jul 14, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
www.apeserver.com
NJsupraA70 said:
For the water feed/return here are the specs on the water outlet housing.

The feed on top is 1/4 bsp. I used a 1/4 npt to -6an fitting and it worked fine NO leaks. No need to tap it.

The Return fitting on the outlet neck next to the waterpump is M14x1.5.

Hope that helps.

Although mine was a loop this might give you an idea on how to feed to your turbo.
p547673_1.jpg

I could only get 2 or 3 turns on my 1/4NPT adapter for the water neck. I ran a 1/4NPT tap into that hole and things went much smoother. The tap removed very little metal. YMMV.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Bwest, how much did that fitting run? $$$?

Joli, if I used a 3AN, a 4an female fitting wont work over it huh? *I already have the 4an fittings*