I'm from Ohio...Oh and I own a mk3 Supra...hope you like pictures

TheNothing

Jun 17, 2012
Columbus, Ohio USA
Well lets start with my name is Tyler and I live in Columbus, Ohio. I've always been around lurking on the forum but I feel it's time I start participating so a proper introduction will be needed. I am on my second mk3 supra...let's just say the first one was just to make a quick buck, but now I'm dedicated and in the process of making a full blown drift car out of it. I've been using the s-chassis for the last four years and I've always been a fan of the JZA70 so now that I have a grasp on the motorsport it's time to build a serious car.

here are some pictures of the car and me driving it

p1862035_1.jpg

p1862035_2.jpg

p1862035_3.jpg

p1862035_4.jpg

ditched the 7mgte to start my 2jge-t build along with v-mount, bracing/ roll cage and much more to follow in a build thread one day

p1862035_5.jpg

p1862035_6.jpg

p1862035_7.jpg

How it sits now

p1862035_8.jpg

Last edited:

TheNothing

Jun 17, 2012
Columbus, Ohio USA
Yeah life has taken some unexpected turns so now I have to wait on the machining for the 2jz....We should definitely meet up some time I don't know any local mk3 owners.

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Whereabouts in Columbus are you? MKIII's have been popping up a lot lately. I've seen pics of your car on fb a few times, I bet we know a lot of the same people lol. Well, welcome to the forums.

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
TheNothing;1862135 said:
Yeah life has taken some unexpected turns so now I have to wait on the machining for the 2jz....We should definitely meet up some time I don't know any local mk3 owners.

yea deffinetly
i know 4-5 supra owners that are local
1000hp 2j mk3 in rynoldsburg
red mk3 in columbus
2 white package mk3's in groveport
a 2j swapped mk3 near chillicothe

i know a few people lol

suprasom

Dec 22, 2008
Columbus
Welcome. I 'm in columbus too, we have four Mk3s that are under transformation right now. Hopefull they will be out this year to play. I think i saw your car at sawmill meet few months ago.

TheNothing

Jun 17, 2012
Columbus, Ohio USA
Thanks for all of the warm welcoming fellas...Glad to see there are a lot more people local to me than I thought there were (I'm in the Polaris area to be specific). I'm sure we all have a lot of the same friends some where down the line. As far as Sawmill goes I think the last time I was down there was maybe mid June?....Anyways I look forward to meeting a lot of you and sharing ideas and so forth!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Welcome to Supramania. I think you lost your hood while sliding around one of those turns. It may or may not still be there if you start backtracking, looking on the side of the road. Good luck with the swap, and don't forget to tighten the hood bolts up this time.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
boostrwd23;1865571 said:
Notice pics of the car. Welcome

jonahs_supra;1865707 said:
Lmfao. he was joking

I wasn't joking. If it's raining outside water could get into his air breather and then dilute his oil......next thing you know, you've got rod knock, and who in the hell wants to deal with that? He might could find one locally for a good deal if he can't find his. The two hundred dollars it will cost him is nothing compared to the cost of rebuilding his motor due to diluted oil. Trust me. I had to rebuild mine once when my radiator over heated and it spewed into my apexi air filter.

TheNothing

Jun 17, 2012
Columbus, Ohio USA
I only had the hood off for the drift practice because I had an aftermarket battery tie down that wouldn't allow the hood to shut all of the way with out bending...It was a beautiful day in June at a track not even fifteen minutes away from my house...Not to mention I had the hood with me..pretty offended that you would think I'd leave it that way.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Supramania is not the place to get offended.. lol. Most people offer up advice (because most ask for it.. lol)... some good, some not so good. Just relax and enjoy.
Most people here will assume you dont know anything until they get to know you. Personally, I welcome it, because I have found out little hints from reading that I never even thought of. But then again, I dont track a car and am like a novice compared to most onboard...

Would love to see how you have it setup in behind your front seat. Did you use any support between the rear struts? Looks like you have the interior bareboned. Other than the 2jz swap, are you planning anything else? I have seen a few MK3's drifting (owned one that the previous owner used for drift practice, but quit because it was too different) but after trying it in a parking lot, I dont think I would be using it like that. Found the rear wants to come out (again.. I am not a professional.. just play a lot).

Great to see another grey twin of my 88 still running. Very nice car and welcome aboard!

TheNothing

Jun 17, 2012
Columbus, Ohio USA
Ha I knew someone was going to call that out but yeah I feel like using the word offended was a little strong. As for my car goes you will just have to wait for the build thread someday, but I will tell you the set up I was using in the photos was the supra all stock with a slipping clutch, cut springs (biggest mistake ever did it because I ordered coilovers and wanted to see it low too anxious), no power steering, and a worn out differential. Things the car had that I wouldn't really consider great modifications are Mishimoto dual electric fans, hks bov, 3'' turbo back straight pipe, lexus afm.

As you had guessed it must have been a hand full to work around the track and it most certainly was. Luckily my old Sc400 had no power steering and some deep dish 19" wheels while dragging on the ground so I was accustomed to the loss of P/S and the weight of the car. I'm excited to see the transformation once it's done.