I'm diggin the site......

S

SmittyBilt

Scored my Supra for ZIP.......had to buy a battery from the guy who's shop it was sitting at. He wanted to get it off his lot and I hit him up on the right day. It's a 86.5 N/A 5 speed, with 125,000 miles. Now we all know that you get what you pay for so of corse it needs work......Right off the bat for inspection it needs a windsheild, some exhaust work, a master cylinder, and skins all the way around. Next project will be replacing the clutch, but at this point it is usable. The body is in pretty sweet shape considering its New England roots, couple little spots of surface rust, but nothing bad to speak of...could use a respray...we'll see. Upon inspecting the barke system to find its issue I came across new pads and rotors all the way around.....score. The interior is going to be some work........the seats are beat to hell, the climate control does not seem to function, and apparently the kid who left this thing for dead was intending to make it high school cool........dark red interior.....he tears out all of the removeable trim parts and rattle cans them YELLOW......nice touch. So I'm searching for dark red MKiii interior parts..hint hint. I'll be putting a cat back system on in the next couple weeks, and having the windshield done this week, then just a set of tires and I'm on the road. This is my second Supra, my first was a 79, with a injected I-6 and a 5 speed......great car that was able to tolerate my driving tendencies. What I'd really like to get is a MKii.....aesthetically thay are my favorite.
Later folks....thanks for the site!
Smitty

PS...pics when I get some......its grey and dark red, I bet you can picture it.

S

SmittyBilt

I had the 79 back in 96 or 97, drove it for 6~8 months and sold it to buy another rig. I'm 35 years old and have probably had 80 to 100 cars since I started driving in 87, so 6~8 months is a pretty long stretch in my driveway. It was pretty nice, I think it was leather interior, power moon roof, 4 wheel discs, decent system. We'll see how the new girl holds up.
Smitty

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
100 cars, and only 2 Supras???????????? You poor soul. Are you in used car sales or what. That's about once every two months. At least I know of a job you'd qualify for pretty easy. I'd like to say Welcome to the site, and I look forward to getting to know you.............but you make me believe you won't be around long. Maybe you are old enough, and have a good enough car to settle down a bit. You will find a real sense of community here. Stick around a while.

S

SmittyBilt

Yeah, a hundred or so.......but quite a few that never got any road time, project cars, winter beaters, that kind of thing. I am a gear head to the core.....if it has wheels and or a motor, I'm checking it out. Right now ,my corral consists of: 86 Supra, 84 S-10 Blazer w/ a 355/700R4, 86 C-10 pickup, 67 Buick Riviera, and an 86 300ZX.......its an addiction really. Oh....and bikes..98 Buell S1W Chopped, 92 1200 Sporty WIP, 81 Yamaha XS650 Chopped. Always had a thing for Supra's, just like the way they are set up....independant rear, 4 wheel discs. My Dad drove a 78 Celica from new to about 92 or 93...maybe that where it started.....first car I ever drove at the age of 8.
I'm sure there is therapy........