if you own a Mishimoto rad for you Supra, please read this.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
supradjza80;1608984 said:
So what ever came of this? It seems to have cooled off quickly. Just did another autocross in my car with no issues. My only Mishi fitment complaint is the poor fan shroud fitment.

Mishimoto is R&Ding, so it could be awhile.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
supradjza80;1608984 said:
So what ever came of this? It seems to have cooled off quickly. Just did another autocross in my car with no issues. My only Mishi fitment complaint is the poor fan shroud fitment.

Still waiting on word. These things can take awhile as A. Jay mentioned. The ball is rolling at least.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
progress is being made and it should be done "soon". Not exactly sure what that means but hopefully its within the upcoming few weeks.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Installed mine with zero issues even with the motor torquing really hard when launching... how are you guys mounting them? I only had to bend the bottom tab just a little bit... but the fan is still 1" from the rad? Weird!

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Installed mine yesterday. Fitment is ok except the radiator hoses are too large for the mishi rad hose fittings! I didn't trust my toyota spring clamp so i used a worm gear clamp and it leaks... Maybe I just need to tighten it, but this seems like an important "direct fit" issue.

How have you guys dealt with this? The hose basically slips on and off for me without the clamp on...

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
should've waited guys...the new revised models are already in line at the manufacturing company. I have yet to hear back on a more specific time frame.

Rx7nut - I ran into the same issue, only way to stop it was to using a worm gear clamp over the factory spring clamp, maybe try to find a T-clamp style one and youll be set if the worm gear clamp leaks.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
IwantMKIII;1602188 said:
They aren't complaining because all they have to go by most likely is the stock rad's performance.

Which will hold 400 horsepower. Not a 20 year old stock unit, but a new one. If you can find a new stock copper/brass unit. For extended hard running, an upgrade is probably needed.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Whats the low down on the fitment? is the fitment issue been resolved yet? Has anyone tried the new Mishimoto "X" Line? Whats a good price on a Mishimoto rad and where's agood vendor to buy from?

Thank you

nuggets

Apr 14, 2009
Boston
I'd be curious to see how many people without a fan shroud get this issue compared to those who do. I ask because I just installed my Mishi and without the fan shroud there was, in my opinion, plenty of room between the fan and the radiator. Once I installed my stock shroud then things got very crowded. I didn't take measurements but the fan blades were very close to the shroud, particularly at the top left section (looking at the shroud from the top). For fear of having a problem I actually cut a section of the shroud off thinking that's better than the blades catching on something. When Mishi finally ships the revised version I'll need to buy a new shroud :3d_frown:

rmjsupra

Mar 11, 2009
Moorpark
www.rmjmotorsports.com
My fan was hitting and the impact actually caused the fan to explode taking out my shroud as well. There are signs where the blades have worn into the end-tank.

I contacted them yesterday and they told me a redesigned model should be available within 1-2 months. The radiator itself does work well and their warrenty and service is top notch.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Just emailed them and they emailed me back the next day,.

Kyle,

Thanks for the E-mail!

Yes, the radiator design has been renovated and we are currently waiting on the new stock to arrive at this time.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Thanks,

Patrick Muschamp
Mishimoto Automotive

I emailed them back if they knew when they were going to arrive.