IA Supra's

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
nick88;1485634 said:
The engine won't blow, but what else will?

With toyotas superior engineer I dont think anything will :naughty: . Speaking of cursed cars did you ever figured out what caused yours to almost catch on fire and why it all the sudden stopped running correctly? :sarcasm:

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
NewGen;1485729 said:
With toyotas superior engineer I dont think anything will :naughty: . Speaking of cursed cars did you ever figured out what caused yours to almost catch on fire and why it all the sudden stopped running correctly? :sarcasm:

To much drifting. :biglaugh: I don't know, as soon as I get the harness off of the engine, I am going to re-do most of it.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Reiketsukan;1482794 said:
I say we try Stone Park by Southridge for the BBQ. If not there, then we could always hit-up Waterworks... Plenty of places to grill there!

Hmmm... a First-Thaw BBQ, eh? Sounds like a new tradition!

nick88;1482897 said:
Let's do it. When the salt is off the streets around April.

Alright, we got a place, now lets decide on a date. Around early April, late March?

*james*

Dec 24, 2008
dmi
Just to be safe, let's make it late March for me ; ) lol unless some people wanna give a hand or 3!? hahaha jk.

*james*

Dec 24, 2008
dmi
Oh yea, I didn't mean to say that, but I do mean I hope to be done end of march! When are you planning on being done nick, and where the hell are you getting the money from!? I want all the supras to be there this time lol!

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
*james*;1489306 said:
Oh yea, I didn't mean to say that, but I do mean I hope to be done end of march! When are you planning on being done nick, and where the hell are you getting the money from!? I want all the supras to be there this time lol!

A little hustle on the side, by sellin parts I mean. :biglaugh: All of the supra's, I can't put my other one on a trailor and take it there, and I don't think Matt can bring all of his. lol. By all of them that are gettting more money thrown at them then a stripper, mine will be there, and is still not going to be painted:3d_frown:

*james*

Dec 24, 2008
dmi
Oh well I don't think mine will painted either, I at least hope to get the rust fixed before I go to Arizona.. Most of it matters on if its running and what's under the hood.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
we better plan on april. If were gona do march i'd recommend doing it at a resturant. Its sitll gona be a bit cold for a bbq. i should have my ride runnin bythen though.

*james*

Dec 24, 2008
dmi
hooters food sucks, b dubs or something else. we tend to go to b dubs alot. how about a drive to iowa city for steak n shake!

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
*james*;1490662 said:
hooters food sucks, b dubs or something else. we tend to go to b dubs alot. how about a drive to iowa city for steak n shake!

How about Taki?? Tastes FANTASTIC and Teppanyaki is the shit!

(Teppanyaki is a Japanese style of preparing food on a massive hot plate and the chef does all kinds of crazy knife and utensil juggling / spinning while he cooks.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yJsCocfsKQ&feature=related

Go to 48 seconds in and be amazed... and ignore the raver lights lol

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
darrick;1490731 said:
Bdubs is alright, japanese food is not my kind, sorry

I've gotta ask... have you had teppenyaki? It's really American food cooked in a Japanese style. Basically, if you like steak, chicken, or shrimp you'll like teppenyaki guaranteed.

Tell me.... what do you think is in sushi?

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
nick88;1490839 said:
Let's keep the food budget down and the supra budget high by going to b-dubs on a Tuesday or Thursday. lol

Sushi's really not that expensive. I cant go during the week really I work 1 to 10 so it doesnt fit my schedule to well.

Chase anytime you wanna go for sushi i'm down!

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
NewGen;1490982 said:
Chase anytime you wanna go for sushi I'm down!

That's the spirit!! And for anyone concerned, sushi ≠ raw fish!!!

I can understand the whole budget thing though, but it would cost maybe $15 total for Teppenyaki.