I quit smoking...

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Well after 18 years of smoking cigarettes, I finally quit cold turkey... Its been 4 days and nights now and so far so good, I think im out of the woods, but not over the hill just yet..

My problem is that I can't seem to sleep well at night.. I wake up about every 1/2 hour for no reason.. I can not believe how powerfull the addiction is mentally. It is the hardest thing i have ever done..

Anyways. If anyone has any tips as to help make it easier I would be glad to hear them.. :1zhelp:

patches are for Pc games...

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
Good job, I quit for six months and recently started up again. It was soooo hard... I lost the battle... Just don't smoke any, even if its just one cuz that's how I started back up. One a week, then two and now I'm back full swing... Hope you are successful!

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Thanks Nate, It is not the fist time I have tried to quit, I have never made it past the second day untill now.. It really pisses me off I am so weak mentally that I have not been able to quit in the past.

This time, I did some math on what I spend a year on smokes, Its over 2k a year.. I have a jar and I am putting in $6 a day into it for the supra build fund on what I would normally spend on smokes...

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
I need to try to quit soon too, hope you're successful. My mom quit for 3 years and she used regular chewing gum to help.

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
i quit 3.5 weeks ago when lent started....so far ive just had one quick drag off a friends cig when i was drunk. I'll tell you right now week 1-2 is easy. That third week I was really tempted. I think im in the clear now though

good luck

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
i quit 24 days ago after starting at the age of 12 all 17 years ago
i decided to go cold turkey no patches or ought
so far so good feel shit load better
advice joel is week 1 is shit
week 2 is better
week 3 seems like it was a long time ago with the odd more intense craving
week 4 i will tell you in 6 days time
good luck

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Good luck to everyone, I've never really smoked so I don't know how hard it is to quit but I have alot of friends who smoke and they all say it's really hard to quit.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
It's tough for some people, and easy for others. My father in law decided he'd had it and quit one day, never looked back, never was tempted. My mother in law struggled to quit for 5 more years after that, and finally managed it permanently after many attempts.

Get another habit - nothing nasty, of course, but I've seen everything from chewing gum to a yo-yo of all things used very successfully. You need something else to do when you normally stop for a smoke.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
I haven't smoked for 14 months now, & I've never fealt better. Good luck, It's not easy to do. If you slip & smoke one, don't consider it a failure, just put them back down again.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
Congratulations and best of luck sticking with it.

i smoked ~15 years, been quit 7 years.
i quit a bunch of times during that 15 yrs, but finally found the right reasons and right method.

i had to transfer my physical compulsion to the nicotine gum. it says you're only suppose to chew it for about three months, but i stuck on it for about six. figured it was better than picking up the cigarettes again.

mentally, i knew how much healthier i would be for quitting also picked up a regular exercise routine.

Now, I don't have to go outside in the frigid cold or steaming heat just to get that fix. :)

It's got to be a personal commitment, you can't do it for someone else. It may help to visualize it as breaking up with them.

Best of luck, hang in there and congratulations.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Thanks everyone. I have tried and quit just about everything at one point in time. but this one is hard to hang it up for sure.. I made a list of all the things i will never have to do again like.

Goto the store for smokes at 11pm at night.
Burn holes in my new jacket.
Scrape change together for smokes when im poor.
Stink up the house, the cat and the supra with smoke..

well you get the idea..I will try some of your ideas too..:)

Last edited:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
the supra goddess said:
My mom quit for 3 years and she used regular chewing gum to help.

lotta people i know quit this way.
they spend alot on gum but it helped them
good luck Joel. and the others

L

lanky189

why did your smoking stink up the cat?

oh btw..best of luck...i need to quit or the gf is gonna leave my ass hangin...and i do not want to be without her ever again.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Hahahhaha, yes, my step mom said my cat smelled like cig smoke once, I can't smell it, but she can as a non smoker..

Why?, i guess it makes everything stinky...

Last edited:

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Joel W. said:
...It really pisses me off I am so weak mentally that I have not been able to quit in the past...

Use that as motivation. And my friends say I smell like cigs cuz when my mom takes my clothes out of the dyer, she smokes. So my clean clothes automatically smell like smoke as soon as they get out of the dryer.

L

lanky189

Aight...i'm done with em.... no more cigarettes for me....

DON'T ANYBODY ON THIS BOARD LET ME START AGAIN!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Joel: Shouldn't be smoking the cat dude! ;)

Hope it goes well I've never smoked so have NFI first hand how hard it will be but have seen plenty of people struggle through it!