I never really got the Vette thing until recently.

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
dubsupra209;1529485 said:
there 87k and 20k for the nismo exhaust which should already be on there for that price tag..

500hp idk about that....

i heard bad things about there trannys also

put in perspective though a 911 turbo is like what? ~130k

its like 500 to the crank (430 to the wheels)

dunno nothin about trannys. your probably right

and I really like the way they look, but thats just like an opinion.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
kelson;1529510 said:
put in perspective though a 911 turbo is like what? ~130k

its like 500 to the crank (430 to the wheels)

dunno nothin about trannys. your probably right

and I really like the way they look, but thats just like an opinion.

yea true about the price but still wouldnt be worth it...you could get a mark4 and 2 mk3s..

i do like the interior though in the gtrs just not my cup of tea....

if they were more around 50k i think that would be more realistic and they would sell a lot of them...

charman02

Cruiser
Oct 14, 2008
Fresno
dubsupra209;1529521 said:
yea true about the price but still wouldnt be worth it...you could get a mark4 and 2 mk3s..

i do like the interior though in the gtrs just not my cup of tea....

if they were more around 50k i think that would be more realistic and they would sell a lot of them...

Oh, but they do sell alot of them. The first year they only produced 1000 GTR's and there is about 1100 nissan dealerships in the US, so it is very limited. And there is like 5 of them here in Fresno, ca, and let me tell you, Fresno is not the richest city in CA. BUt anyways, back to the vette, I've never really cared too too much about them, but I definitely like the c6 Z06, they can easily be mistaken for a ferrari, with the headlights as it is and how low it sits with the front lip and flared out fenders compared to the base corvettes. It's one slick ride

thorpedo

Apr 30, 2009
Wolfville, Nova Scotia
That Z06 Carbon is verry nice, although if I had the dough I'd shell out the extra for the ZR-1 (although I agree it is mildly over the top) Not sure about the Z06, but I know the ZR-1 will walk all over the GTR for a fraction of the cost. IMO it looks about 999X more badass too.

Polythamus

May 24, 2009
Melbourne
The Gtr doesnt really do anything for me, isnt pretty seems more of a 'fanboy' car....

I love the corvette though, when i was young someone down the street owned a C4 and since I saw it i loved them... I also love the 72's

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
shaeff;1529324 said:
^ Win. My dad (and myself, actually) have always wanted a '63 w/ the split back window. :drool:

IJ.;1529404 said:
Actually prefer the 64 but I'd be happy with a 63 if that's all I could find ;)

Funny enough, there are less 1963's with split windows on the road than there should be. It was an "annoyance" back then to have the split, and a lot of people had the sheetmetal cut out and '64 windows put in. Shame if you like the '63 style, which I do. Just makes a '63 split window more rare.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
My comment was directed towards Nissan voiding, because the traction control had been used. That makes it a lose/lose, because the $20,000 tranny can't handle it, and Nissan won't back it. Why have it, if you won't back it?

I went to the Import Face Off last year at the Steele track in Birmingham, and they also had the "GTR Nationals" (maybe 12 showed up). There were a couple of Z06's there too. The vette guys were begging the GTR guys to race, but only if they would use their traction control. They could get zero takers. there was an integra there that had no trouble beating the GTR's, but I don't remember if any of the Supras ever raced one.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Personal I have always been Vette fan (just don't like the stereotype the owners get) . I should have bought the 92 I was looking at instead of the supra. :(

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
thorpedo;1529662 said:
That Z06 Carbon is verry nice, although if I had the dough I'd shell out the extra for the ZR-1 (although I agree it is mildly over the top) Not sure about the Z06, but I know the ZR-1 will walk all over the GTR for a fraction of the cost. IMO it looks about 999X more badass too.

I think you are mistaken. There have been numerous comparisons between the GTR and the ZR1.... The ZR1 does not "walk all over the GTR" and it will not do it for a fraction of the cost.

Base price for a ZR1 is ~$106,880

Base price for GTR is ~$76,840

Around the Nurburgring the ZR1's current lap time is 7:26.4

" " GTR's current lap time is 7:26.7

Pretty even steven if you ask me, and the GTR does it for 20k less. Best bang for the buck super car GTR takes the cake (as long as the tranny holds up).

Just putting the facts out there, out of the two I personally love the ZR1....the exhaust note just screams "I gots BAWLS!!!!!".

The C6 has had my eye ever since it hit the streets.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You know, I've loved Corvettes since I first saw my very first C5, parked at Metro Mall in Phoenix. I still remember, it was a silver/gunmetal color, and parked next to one of the big planters they had trees planted in. :)

I actually tried buying a c5 a couple times, but things didn't pan out. Bought a 2000 Miata shortly after the first one fell through, which I don't regret, the go kart was fun for a DD. However, I ended up settling on buying a 2001 SS Camaro the second time the Vette thing fell through. Oh God... I regret that one... I still can't shake my wanting one though. LSx up front, T56 flipped around backwards at the rear, 3200lbs, and the HANDLE. I honestly don't think anyone "gets" a good Vette until they drive one.

Personally, I'd own a c1 or c2 in a HEARTBEAT. Probably put a Supra motor in a c1, just for giggles haha... I still wonder WTF Chevy was thinking when they let the c3 out of the door, those things are so fugly it's not even funny. C4's, they're alright, I like some aspects of them, but the c5... the C5 they got the shape right. Got the drivetrain layout right. Got the sleek aggressive look right. SHIT interiors though, they seriously have the same POS interior bits that EVERY late 90's/early 2000's GM had.

The c6 is a different story altogether though... they're actually nice cars. It's like Chevy remembered how to build a good car again! :D

As for the GTR, a proper GT-R has it's cylinders in a row, rather than in a V... I mean, whoop-de-do, ~480-500hp out of a new GTR. That's hardly sneezing at an RB25/26, not to mention they look too close to the Z. Glad it's back and all, for competition's sake, maybe this will get Mazda and Toyota to wake up and remember what we like? Oddly enough though, we had one for sale at the local Nissan dealer, in a town with <30k people. It didn't sit there long though, I just saw the guy who drives it last weekend, and it does sound good, but...