I have no idea what to title this...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Poodles;1078905 said:
Generally speaking, I've gotten that way.

Don't know why... been to couselors and shrinks for years. Been on antidepresants too, but they never really worked, just made me feel outwardly "normal" but still the same inside.

Yep you just seem to have lost your happy thoughts dude!

Life isn't that bleak it's only what we make of it.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
theWeezL;1080033 said:
1AM, cant sleep tonight because I let my ex-wife creep into my brain and the longer this goes on the more I fuckin want to hate her. I think one thing that might help is to purge myself of a few photos and videos I took of her....that lets just say her parents wouldnt be proud of.

So Im gonna post em online. I mean, it couldnt hurt could it?

dont want to threadjack, just wanted you to know I know how ya feel man.

Edit: VV how wierd is that...IJ what time is it there, lol

funny how you said talking about it is a good thing....here you are talking about it bringing up old memories youd probably rather forget!!!!

i prefer the pretend it never happened approach....talking and sharing emotions just keeps the pain going and keeps those days alive as if it was yesterday....

you talk about death, you talk about sex, you talk about frustrations with people, you talk about the weather, hell you talk about how big your last crap my have been but you dont talk about your ex and the breakup untill you finally dont care about it anymore.....i honestly believe it does no good!!

hell even when my friends try to talk to me about it ill listen till they say what they gotta say and ill give them my opinion on whatever but then as soon as that's over i change the subject and try to keep them occupied as so they don't think about it....the whole point is to try and avoid thinking of the whole situation and keeping your mind busy with other things besides what is causing you pain!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yes, but holding the emotions inside WILL drive you insane.

In the case of people like me, holding it in and not having people to listen allows things to get extremely bad. Rather not talk about it, but I've seen it before and it's the reason one of my good friends has been checking on me.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
gaboonviper85;1080067 said:
funny how you said talking about it is a good thing....here you are talking about it bringing up old memories youd probably rather forget!!!!

The simple act of writing that last night was enough to let it go out of my brain. If I had laid there all night without getting that off my chest, I might still be up.

Hey, Im not knocking what works for you. You however are the exception to the rule, and I think you will find as life goes on that your approach tends to leave unfinished business that you have to deal with sooner or later.

The reason I am still harboring issues with my ex is that she WONT talk to me and hasnt ever given me any closure. She up and asked for a divorce out of the blue and I still to this day dont really know why. Maybe if I knew why I wouldnt stew in my own juices so to speak.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I think what bothers me about the whole situation is the fact that that night I went over to fix things.

I never got the chance since the first words I heard were, "we're not going to work."

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
IJudas!!!

...umm wait, wrong apostal!

Poodles,

bud.

you are on partly the right track. Morning are fine. workout do whatever, nights are not. Time to make something with the night.

And as for biggest mistake ever. How old are you? Believe me when I tell you. When you are living in the street with no where else to live. That point will still not be the biggest mistake ever. The biggest mistake ever is doing something that can not be undone. Women? They outnumber us men 2:1. The world is a HUGE place. European ladies love American men. Coincidentally they like our accents :) hehe

but barring that. In texas where everything is bigger and in woman cases, finer? :) Man that is like being single in Miami, Fl!

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Poodles;1080086 said:
Yes, but holding the emotions inside WILL drive you insane.

In the case of people like me, holding it in and not having people to listen allows things to get extremely bad. Rather not talk about it, but I've seen it before and it's the reason one of my good friends has been checking on me.

Poodles

here is an idea.

That friend that has been checking up on you. Whether you feel like it or not, go out with him/her. Texas DOES have a night life!

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Poodles;1081333 said:
I think what bothers me about the whole situation is the fact that that night I went over to fix things.

I never got the chance since the first words I heard were, "we're not going to work."

Poodles

stop replaying. It is self-destructive and you are going down a path where you really do not want to end up.

would off, could off, should off. Past things that IF they would have happened. The outcome might have been different or the same.

ok

first off. You need to cut any and all comminication with her. I kid you not.

This thread. serves no purpose except as a reminder. Some guys can handle it, but from your responses. You are tieing to much emotions into this text. Need to disassociate yourself from this thread. IE have this thread deleted. This reminder does you no good save to help you replay, replay with what if's, replay with what if's what if, ad nauseum.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
figgie;1081373 said:
Poodles

stop replaying. It is self-destructive and you are going down a path where you really do not want to end up.

would off, could off, should off. Past things that IF they would have happened. The outcome might have been different or the same.

ok

first off. You need to cut any and all comminication with her. I kid you not.

This thread. serves no purpose except as a reminder. Some guys can handle it, but from your responses. You are tieing to much emotions into this text. Need to disassociate yourself from this thread. IE have this thread deleted. This reminder does you no good save to help you replay, replay with what if's, replay with what if's what if, ad nauseum.

Exactly what I was trying to say a bit earlier....this thread is just going to keep the pain going!!! You worded it much better though.

Poodles...you need to hit up the Asian massage parlor....they love you long time! Seriously get the fuck outside and do something...your fermenting in your own grief and that isn't going to make it better