I have an A'pexi NEO....and I just stare at it.

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
No problem man. As much as i think you should have your car professionally tuned, it still wouldn't help to read up on how to use those instruments especially your afr gauge and the correct ratios. They play a major part in the diagnosis and repair of quite a few problems. Keep in touch, i think you robbed that dude blind with what you paid for the car, and i'll kill you if you tune it wrong and blow it. lol

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
Thanks...? I find that this car is a bit of deja vu. My very first supra was a red 89 turbo, targa...but it was auto. and lame. None the less, I loved that pile of junk. Impressed my friends too! Not with the speed/power of a stock third gen....rather, the mark God left when He falcon punched my car. The passenger side was fuuuuuuuuuu....and the frame was bent. I still didn't care. Now, I have a red 89, turbo, targa 5 spd, with a crap ton of go fast parts that do nothing but scare me Because I am just waiting for them to break on me, and me be carless again. As of this Friday afternoon, I will be flat ass broke. Not a single dime. But the car will have passed smog, it will have new tags, it will be legally mine, and have a full tank of gas. The first step to all of this was getting my driver's license un suspended....it has been on hold for three and a half years. Just got it back today, after school... Another funny thing about me, is, I have always had such terrible luck with vehicles, I have never "legally" owned one. Never had the ownership changed. Always wrecked them. or got them impounded. or...broke the engines lol.

I am very excited to be able to be a big boy now. 24 years old may a bit of a late start in the game of life, but I think I am coming out of the gate running WOT.

:D

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
With your vehicle history i think you may have a little too much go-fast. Trying to whip one of these sexyfied landboats around a corner at full boost can be detrimental to your health. Be safe, and if you have anything you want to get rid of on the cheap make sure you hit me up. ;) Be safe, but have fun!

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
Well...as far as getting rid of parts, I am as of now, parting out my 87 turbo 5spd hardtop. There are pics of it in one of my other threads...it has a sexy steering wheel lol. it looks and feels brand new, looks wet still. The motor blew the head gasket, of course, and I do not care enough to put it back together. I have a 91 turbo 5 spd hardtop in black I would rather build. I do not want to turn this into a sell thread as I fear the almlighty infraction, but if you want something, let me know. This car has a few aftermarket parts as well. But nothing that fancy really.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
Fix your car ! Those extra thing in there are more than a bunch of blinking lights to impress your friends. Don't turn into one of those "The 7M sucks" people because you were being lazy and careless and your motor blew up.

Last edited:

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
91blackeye;1659710 said:
Well, I don't know any one else around here who can tune it. And I would like slightly better mpg. Yeah, I said it. This is my DD, and it sucks baaad on gas lol. Also, running rich smells. Pretty girls do no like it.

ahhh the joys of a high powered sports car. you can pass everything but a gas station lol . only way to improve you mpg is either a mexican credit card, or a 4ag swap :p

ok jokes aside. time for something useful. your running rich which means more gas than air. like has been said you might have the 550 injectros without the lexus afm. http://www.jblmk3.com/cars/lexus.php give your the part numbers for the lexus afm, check and see if they match. if they dont, then you prob have the stock maf, which is part number 22250-42020, the lower numbers being stamped in rather than cast in, you may need a wire brush to clean the crap off so you can read it. also how old is the stock o2 sensor? a new o2 may let the ecu read properly and adjust injector plusewidth. this is assuming your running both a stock o2 and a wideband

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
grimreaper;1660398 said:
25psi on a ct26 in any trim is begging to melt something. I would knock it back to 15psi MAX on pump gas.
Yeah this guy seems to be making quite the fool outta himself lately..

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

cricketjoe

Mar 27, 2010
CA
If you have an old NEO you should send it in to Apexi to get it reprogrammed or reflashed. The original had a programming error that would make it impossible to tune correctly. Here is a link from a Mitsubishi forum where their cars also use karmen vortex sensors.

http://www.3si.org/forum/f1/apex-af...mming-bug-karman-function-doesnt-work-419786/

If you need the Apexi Neo reprogram application form I can send it to anyone that needs it.